Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wisps on Wizards.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Hey I just want to know how to get the wisps that are around your wizard, you know? The ones that are around your wizard that are flying around your head and stuff? It's not because you have to be the highest level, because level 50 WAS the last level and I am level 60 and if it's level 90 now, I saw a level 37 having the wisps. How do I get them?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Shy girl on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Hey I just want to know how to get the wisps that are around your wizard, you know? The ones that are around your wizard that are flying around your head and stuff? It's not because you have to be the highest level, because level 50 WAS the last level and I am level 60 and if it's level 90 now, I saw a level 37 having the wisps. How do I get them?
I always thought they started once you hit legendary. But i dont know.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
They are probably from the Mastery Amulet. When you equip the Amulet, you can see the wisps around your wizard. This link gives information on the alternate/secondary school Amulets:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Alternate_School_Power_Pip_Amulets

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The wisps are because of an amulet the wizard has to be able to use out of school spells with power pips.

The color of the wisps indicates the school it is.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Some gear gives you 'wisps'

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
You get those things by getting a certain amulet in the crown shop. The amulet lets you use your power pips for both of your schools (secondary and original). If you are planning on getting one, get one for your secondary school.
I hope this answers your question!

From,
Cheyenne RavenSong

-The journey is the destination

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
These are sings of a wizard wearing a Mastery Amulet

Orange Whisps - Fire Mastery Amulet
Blue Whisps- Ice Mastery Amulet
... etc ...

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Those wisps circling some wizards heads are if they have a Mastery Amulet equipped. You will see slightly different colors for whichever amulet is equipped.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The wisps are from Mastery Amulets, that allow you to use out of school spells the same as you would your school of focus. You can get get these amulets through the crown shop or as drops in the Water Works and a few other high level dungeons.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
If your talking about the red and blue wisps? Then just run into them and they go into you. lol

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Milila01 on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
If your talking about the red and blue wisps? Then just run into them and they go into you. lol
That's not what they are talking about.
It's orbs circling, and is caused by gear; master amulets.