Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New school: techno

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Okay, so here is my idea. It is a new primary school of magic called techno. In Ravenwood, Techno magic has just been added. In the quest where you meet all of the teachers, a robot is standing on in between the life and myth schools, right next to Ivan. He explains to you that Marleybone has recently figured out a way to change the rules of battle themselves! And he was created to help in the teaching of this amazing new addition at Ravenwood. When you reach Marleybone, Technomages teacher changes to the brilliant inventor Mr. Gears. He lives alone on top of a giant clock even taller than Big Ben! The robot tells you that in order to meet Mr. Gears, you must beat all the techno-teachers that are holding him hostage. This is a quest that all players get, and must be completed to train up to the rank 6 techno spell. Here are some spell ideas:
Rank 0: Techno blast 45 damage
Rank 1: Out of control gear: A gear flies at enemy 65-120 damage
Rank 2: Some Oil: An oil can pours oil on player: 499 health for self
Rank 3: Techno overlord: Makes all techno spells cost 0 pips
Rank 4: Just to complicate things: A gear turns in the center of the dueling circle 100 damage to all enemies and all not techno spells cost double pips.
Rank X: Pull the plug: A robot walks up to a plug in a socket and pulls it out. For every pip that the player has, the enemy has to pay that many more pips per spell.
Rank 6: Technozilla: The spell begins the same way that stormzilla does, except a robot stormzilla walks in a pushes stormzilla into enemy. 700- 999 damage.

Techno is the counter of balance, because unlike balance that gets power from other schools, techno destroys all other powers. And it is not over powered because it does not get many decent spells, so the few damage spells that it does get have to have a lot of power, or else they would be at a major disadvantage. Please post your thoughts here. I will add more spell ideas later! Thanks!

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
This sounds interesting! However, perhaps you should change the pip effects ("all not techno spells double in pips", etc.) to only affecting the enemy, because no one would like to play with the techno wizzes because their spells would negatively affect everyone!

Overall, this sounds like an interesting idea, but Wizard101 is about magic, not technology. And this would drastically change the entire game. It sounds really fun, but perhaps it could be made more ... magical. And what would be the spell-casting rune? Maybe wizards could learn this in Marlybone as you suggested, but there would be no techno wizards from the start; rather it would be like with the astral schools.

I have a spell to add, though, because I love this idea of yours although I think some parts need adjusting. "Metal Cog" would be the techno charm, and would add 30% more pip-effect (i. e., "double pip costs" would become "double multiplied by 30% pip costs").

I think you should change "Techno Overlord" to causing all techno spells to cost 35% fewer pips, because it would be too overpowered if it was zero pips. Maybe it could be a global spell, like Darkwind, Time of Legend, Doom and Gloom, etc.

Of course, it is already good as it is. I love you idea but I think it should be more of a supplemental thing. It is brilliantly thought out as the opposite of Balance. You can choose to keep whatever you want.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
A new school is the last thing we need in this game. And your idea sounds like a storm a life and a death altogether so bad idea when it comes to PvP.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Fishburt700 on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so here is my idea. It is a new primary school of magic called techno. In Ravenwood, Techno magic has just been added. In the quest where you meet all of the teachers, a robot is standing on in between the life and myth schools, right next to Ivan. He explains to you that Marleybone has recently figured out a way to change the rules of battle themselves! And he was created to help in the teaching of this amazing new addition at Ravenwood. When you reach Marleybone, Technomages teacher changes to the brilliant inventor Mr. Gears. He lives alone on top of a giant clock even taller than Big Ben! The robot tells you that in order to meet Mr. Gears, you must beat all the techno-teachers that are holding him hostage. This is a quest that all players get, and must be completed to train up to the rank 6 techno spell. Here are some spell ideas:
Rank 4: Just to complicate things: A gear turns in the center of the dueling circle 100 damage to all enemies and all not techno spells cost double pips.
Rank X: Pull the plug: A robot walks up to a plug in a socket and pulls it out. For every pip that the player has, the enemy has to pay that many more pips per spell.
Rank 6: Technozilla: The spell begins the same way that stormzilla does, except a robot stormzilla walks in a pushes stormzilla into enemy. 700- 999 damage.

Techno is the counter of balance, because unlike balance that gets power from other schools, techno destroys all other powers. And it is not over powered because it does not get many decent spells, so the few damage spells that it does get have to have a lot of power, or else they would be at a major disadvantage. Please post your thoughts here. I will add more spell ideas later! Thanks!
This is a good idea, but there is one thing bad about it. With the spells that make things cost more pips, they would make it impossible to cast spells that cost over 7 pips!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Darkwillow Rushidi on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:
This sounds interesting! However, perhaps you should change the pip effects ("all not techno spells double in pips", etc.) to only affecting the enemy, because no one would like to play with the techno wizzes because their spells would negatively affect everyone!

Overall, this sounds like an interesting idea, but Wizard101 is about magic, not technology. And this would drastically change the entire game. It sounds really fun, but perhaps it could be made more ... magical. And what would be the spell-casting rune? Maybe wizards could learn this in Marlybone as you suggested, but there would be no techno wizards from the start; rather it would be like with the astral schools.

I have a spell to add, though, because I love this idea of yours although I think some parts need adjusting. "Metal Cog" would be the techno charm, and would add 30% more pip-effect (i. e., "double pip costs" would become "double multiplied by 30% pip costs").

I think you should change "Techno Overlord" to causing all techno spells to cost 35% fewer pips, because it would be too overpowered if it was zero pips. Maybe it could be a global spell, like Darkwind, Time of Legend, Doom and Gloom, etc.

Of course, it is already good as it is. I love you idea but I think it should be more of a supplemental thing. It is brilliantly thought out as the opposite of Balance. You can choose to keep whatever you want.
Hi, I just wanted to clarify a few things. When I mentioned that there would be a spell that made all not techno spells cost double or more pips, I was referring to spells cast by the enemy. I was also wondering what a spell casting rune is. And finally, I think of Techno as a artificial type of magic. Obviously the living machines in MB have to be powered by magic. I think of it this way: A dueling circle is sort of like a machine. It is powered by magic, and the pointer that points to who is casting a spell is like a piece of clockwork. Everything is powered by magic, but to make it work there are gears. Dr. Gears figured out a way to make the gears turn differently. The art of Techno already existed, it was just discovered and put into use by using machines. Hence the name Techno. I think that as an artificial type of magic, there would be people who don't like the idea of magic machines. Therefore, KL could create side dungeons, such as the one where you meet Dr. Gears, to make the game have more Techno areas. Who knows? Maybe Merle doesn't like the idea of a robot teaching magic, and you have to show him Techno's power by beating bosses. Rewards for these extra tricky dungeons could include: training points, new spells for techno wizards, extra XP. And as for this being too powerful for PvP, I don't do it so I never really thought about it. After thinking this through, I have decided that, as to not make this school too close to life, 'oil can' will be replaced with this spell:
Human-bot: A half human, half robot steps out, and pushes the arrow that points to who is going first in a duel to the caster, even if it is a multiple person duel. 2 pips.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
A wizard school based on technology????

Wizards rely on magic, not the power and benefits of technology.....It wouldn't really make sense to me, maybe another 101 game could have it. Robots101?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
wizardrokz on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
A wizard school based on technology????

Wizards rely on magic, not the power and benefits of technology.....It wouldn't really make sense to me, maybe another 101 game could have it. Robots101?
We've had a lot of technological things in the game before, it's not really hard to see why not.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Cool but i dont think KI plans to make anymore schools It would be too confusing to all the players! Oh yes, then instead of 6 slots for 7 schools.... wouldnt we need 7 slots for 8 schools to be fair so we dont have just one school on our account...???? I kinda like your ideas- with robots and all-pretty cool

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
Fishburt700 on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to clarify a few things. When I mentioned that there would be a spell that made all not techno spells cost double or more pips, I was referring to spells cast by the enemy. I was also wondering what a spell casting rune is. And finally, I think of Techno as a artificial type of magic. Obviously the living machines in MB have to be powered by magic. I think of it this way: A dueling circle is sort of like a machine. It is powered by magic, and the pointer that points to who is casting a spell is like a piece of clockwork. Everything is powered by magic, but to make it work there are gears. Dr. Gears figured out a way to make the gears turn differently. The art of Techno already existed, it was just discovered and put into use by using machines. Hence the name Techno. I think that as an artificial type of magic, there would be people who don't like the idea of magic machines. Therefore, KL could create side dungeons, such as the one where you meet Dr. Gears, to make the game have more Techno areas. Who knows? Maybe Merle doesn't like the idea of a robot teaching magic, and you have to show him Techno's power by beating bosses. Rewards for these extra tricky dungeons could include: training points, new spells for techno wizards, extra XP. And as for this being too powerful for PvP, I don't do it so I never really thought about it. After thinking this through, I have decided that, as to not make this school too close to life, 'oil can' will be replaced with this spell:
Human-bot: A half human, half robot steps out, and pushes the arrow that points to who is going first in a duel to the caster, even if it is a multiple person duel. 2 pips.
Hello! Thank you for clarifying things. A spell-casting rune is the rune that your wand writes right before the spell, then bangs on and shatters, summoning the animation. It's different for all of the schools and is colored differently for all of them, i. e., myth is an eye, storm is a cloudy looking thing, death is a lacy thing that looks like a skull, life is a leaf, and so on.
So my question was: when you are casting Out of Control Gear, for example, what is the rune that your wand draws and shatters? Or would you not have any wand or rune at all, seeing how you are part of a magic that is artificial?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Darkwillow Rushidi on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
Hello! Thank you for clarifying things. A spell-casting rune is the rune that your wand writes right before the spell, then bangs on and shatters, summoning the animation. It's different for all of the schools and is colored differently for all of them, i. e., myth is an eye, storm is a cloudy looking thing, death is a lacy thing that looks like a skull, life is a leaf, and so on.
So my question was: when you are casting Out of Control Gear, for example, what is the rune that your wand draws and shatters? Or would you not have any wand or rune at all, seeing how you are part of a magic that is artificial?
Okay. Thanks for clearing that. Well, for anyone who plays pirates 101, you know the armada's symbol. I would imagine that it would look a lot like that. (It's a gear.)

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Awesome new school but it's kind of like a storm school that relies on technology so I don't think it would really be too much of a main school, I like the idea of the person who posted that it should be a side school but I think this is a very good idea and a nice side school.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012

try arcane magic it would be the oposite of balance

Survivor
May 04, 2009

while its pretty cool, I am already lvl 55, since I have started over a couple times, though I wouldn't want to start ALL over again.... Though I am really interested in the idea, in fact I'll even add to it. when I think 'techno' I think music. I spell in this school could be 'note slash' and the animation could be a music note floats up from the middle of the battle thing me bob and explode, making little music notes fly every maybe taking about 500 damage?

while I don't think it should be a WHOLE other school, maybe it can be a robot like you suggested in golem court, ( robots sort of, and plus there isn't much there anyway ) and once you complete a few of his quests there is many other spells unlocked, like ones you suggested.

this way, it isn't a whole other school, opens a other variety of new and awesome spells, and adds a newer liking to the game. Hoped this helped a bit

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Darkwillow Rushidi on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

I agree it is not magical. Possibly a base for another game. (Robot101) classes armoured, swift, strong

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Fishburt700 on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
Okay. Thanks for clearing that. Well, for anyone who plays pirates 101, you know the armada's symbol. I would imagine that it would look a lot like that. (It's a gear.)
great idea.Why did`nt I think of that.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Love the idea! Though, the only spells I really like is the Rank 1 and Rank 6.
Though, I have to agree with others on the fact that it isn't very magical. Robots101 would be awesome, though!
You're very creative

-Kaitlyn Shadowshade, Ice Wizard

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
lol no first off this is a magic game we use magic not tecno, we all know the real party is at dubstep anyways you can't do that and this would be a legit school .... lol this is hard to think of how do you do this KI anyways they can't do it unless it was a side school because they would have to do alot of editing enemies to resist attacks of tecno,weakness,blades,traps, and alot of boss elements changing also star,moon, and sun aren't attack schools because and worlds before celestia wouldn't register these attacks so they just made them spell boosters.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
That sounds nice, but KI probably will not make any more classes for it might be confusing for some players.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Delver
Oct 30, 2011