Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need to know who's at your in-game houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
I still really wish for this to happen. Parties and events at houses would be so much easier, and there would be so many less issues about unwanted visitors at a home. It's very likely that there would be less reporting as well... Please, KingsIsle, look into this idea!

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I, matthew wyrmblade lvl 82, have thought about this. You should make a reply to the housing guard boss random people in your house must fight to gain access, i replied to this and i hope ki takes it into consideration.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I see this to be an issue with all party throwers, wether birthday or friday parites. The game minecraft has a cool addition to multiplayer settings where you press TAB to see who is online. I believe it should be added to Wizard101 when you're in your house. This will improve the controlled scheme of a wild party so that you can be like a bouncer at a club. Either way people should be courteous enough to let you know they are there. Good luck wizards!

-ThomasTheAngryHouseGoer

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
Yeah and i think if a player becomes your friend then gets deleted they should automatically get taken off your buddy list

ethan battleflame lvl 39
ethan anvil lvl 7
ethan moonsong lvl 5
ethan darkwraith lvl 5
ethan earthmask lvl 5
ethan stormbreeze lvl 2

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
Certainly a great idea. I wanted to have a small party with a few of my friends and then tons more showed up. I didn't mind most of them but there were a few that were getting out of hand.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
This would have been a nice option for when I first invited someone to my maze house... The random people multiplied and when I was trying to send them away so my best friend could try it without a bunch of people giving hints on which way to take, they kept coming back! How? Someone that was friends with all the people was hiding outside under the waterfall so when they were sent away they could just port back... I eventually figured it out but there were still people scattered everywhere!

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
I would like to add to this idea. Included with the list of names, there should be a box next to the name, and you can check the box and have a button say send selected.

Eric StormHunter Level 75 Transcendent Storm

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Eric StormHunter on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
I would like to add to this idea. Included with the list of names, there should be a box next to the name, and you can check the box and have a button say send selected.

Eric StormHunter Level 75 Transcendent Storm
Yeah! We really need this done! I hope KI considers this soon! It would totally improve the housing gameplay! ^-^

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Keena Ironweaver on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Ever have trouble with random players porting to your friends at your house(s) and find yourself unable to find them all, especially if you have portals connecting to other houses? Some of my fellow friends have amazing houses they'd love to throw parties in, but they don't like the idea of random players they don't know to be running around, other than the friends who were invited. Whatever the case is, you should be able to know how many players, who, and where they are in your houses.

The Idea is for a new icon to appear when at home. It could be next to the friends list or appear somewhere when opening the housing menu. Clicking on it, a list would open up called "Visitors" with a number (#) that shows how many players are in any of your homes. Clicking on the visitor's name would allow you to see which house they're at, as well as clickable options that could either send that specific player, add that player to your friends list, or even exile them from your houses. It's like an ignore player list, only the player isn't allowed to visit your houses anymore. (You can remove that player from that list at any time.) Like a friends list, there are arrows on the list that can switch between visitors and unwelcome guests. I've known some players who've had issues keeping certain people out of their homes because they'd port through friends or other reasons. One more feature to this menu would be a "Send All" button that would send everyone in any of your houses away. I'm sure a lot of players would find this convenient.

Long story short, it's a menu that lets you know how many players are in any of your houses; and allows you to send or friend them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing for this to happen. Please take this idea into consideration...
I think there should be a button near that that shows a map of your house inside and outside and where ever there is a red dot that is where a visitor is and if you put your mouse over the dot than it shows you the name.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I, matthew wyrmblade lvl 82, have thought about this. You should make a reply to the housing guard boss random people in your house must fight to gain access, i replied to this and i hope ki takes it into consideration.
Thank you, and yes, I've seen that and it sounds like a great idea too! I think it was first posted on Central, and hope it's taken into consideration as well.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
ThomasTheMythRuler on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I see this to be an issue with all party throwers, wether birthday or friday parites. The game minecraft has a cool addition to multiplayer settings where you press TAB to see who is online. I believe it should be added to Wizard101 when you're in your house. This will improve the controlled scheme of a wild party so that you can be like a bouncer at a club. Either way people should be courteous enough to let you know they are there. Good luck wizards!

-ThomasTheAngryHouseGoer
Yeah, I went to one of my friend's homes and she was having a lot of trouble getting a huge group of players out, since they kept porting back to each other. I told her about the 'limit home to players' setting, but then there were just too many still hiding and had gone through portals, even though their friends couldn't port back. It was pretty much impossible to tell if anyone was still there or not, hiding and jumping portals. We did find at least 3 other players that were hiding for over an hour, no clue why they were still there all that time. I hope this housing menu is added soon.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
KI really needs to consider this. I have had problems like this, and have actually had people unfriend me because I left my house when it was too chaotic. Please make this an option

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
This what happens when I talk to my friend at my home:

Me: Hey Molly.

Molly: Hey! :D

RANDOM PLAYER PORTS

???: Hey yo.

Me: (Send lulz)

Molly: Oh he just wanted to be annoying! :)

Me: Well, Turn of your teleportz then. xD

Molly: HMK! c:

FEW HOURS LATER

Molly: (People port and stealing my home)

Me: AYE! GET OUTTA HERE!

The end.

^~^

Keira SpiritHeart lvl 90

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
KI really needs to consider this. I have had problems like this, and have actually had people unfriend me because I left my house when it was too chaotic. Please make this an option
Dang. Never heard that one before. I JUST had my home over-run by strangers teleporting all over the place, but I didn't want to send them. Actually, they're probably still there right now. Players have been roaming around my homes for a full 24 hours and the numbers seem to have been increasing! I wonder what I'll find tomorrow. It's actually kind of funny, but I still can't see how many players there really are... There's no "Send All" button either, so if I wanted everyone out, I'd have to limit home to friends and have friends help me search all 27 of my houses and the 1 huge dorm for any hiding players. I've found some of them 'spinning' here and there. lol

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Keira SpiritHeart on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
This what happens when I talk to my friend at my home:

Me: Hey Molly.

Molly: Hey! :D

RANDOM PLAYER PORTS

???: Hey yo.

Me: (Send lulz)

Molly: Oh he just wanted to be annoying! :)

Me: Well, Turn of your teleportz then. xD

Molly: HMK! c:

FEW HOURS LATER

Molly: (People port and stealing my home)

Me: AYE! GET OUTTA HERE!

The end.

^~^

Keira SpiritHeart lvl 90
I am sorry, but that is a little to creepy for me. I truly feel that KI wanting this place to be a safe environment for us all would be interested in that person. I have found that the "I don't have the gifting option" a good one to use. If they ask any other personal questions about your username or password tell them you don't know. If they ask any other personal questions hit report. Another thing I have found to get other types of people who want to bother you to get them to leave you alone, tell them you are an old player, a grandma or grandpa player. I have found more kids and adults if they are bothering you will go running screaming, LOL! I know this because I am a grandma and I don't have a problem telling people that, LOL!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
I once threw a party where I invited about 40 people, who then started inviting their friends as well. We got to the point where I had to start making people either leave or teleport to one of the other houses because my Massive Fantasy Palace was getting laggy with all the people. I ended up saying good night to just about everyone I could find, and then went to bed. Next morning, I wake up, take my shower, eat breakfast, and go check my garden. I went up to my bank to switch over some things, and found out that there was still a 4v4 going on in my dueling circle, had a full scale cacophony going on from all the instruments, and there was about 30 people just standing there chatting. I really didn't mind having people in my house still as I don't believe its possible to vandalize anything there, but I would have liked to know they were there before I almost had a heart attack.