Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need to know who's at your in-game houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Ever have trouble with random players porting to your friends at your house(s) and find yourself unable to find them all, especially if you have portals connecting to other houses? Some of my fellow friends have amazing houses they'd love to throw parties in, but they don't like the idea of random players they don't know to be running around, other than the friends who were invited. Whatever the case is, you should be able to know how many players, who, and where they are in your houses.

The Idea is for a new icon to appear when at home. It could be next to the friends list or appear somewhere when opening the housing menu. Clicking on it, a list would open up called "Visitors" with a number (#) that shows how many players are in any of your homes. Clicking on the visitor's name would allow you to see which house they're at, as well as clickable options that could either send that specific player, add that player to your friends list, or even exile them from your houses. It's like an ignore player list, only the player isn't allowed to visit your houses anymore. (You can remove that player from that list at any time.) Like a friends list, there are arrows on the list that can switch between visitors and unwelcome guests. I've known some players who've had issues keeping certain people out of their homes because they'd port through friends or other reasons. One more feature to this menu would be a "Send All" button that would send everyone in any of your houses away. I'm sure a lot of players would find this convenient.

Long story short, it's a menu that lets you know how many players are in any of your houses; and allows you to send or friend them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing for this to happen. Please take this idea into consideration...

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
No, you are not the only one.

KI, consider this!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Keena Ironweaver on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Ever have trouble with random players porting to your friends at your house(s) and find yourself unable to find them all, especially if you have portals connecting to other houses? Some of my fellow friends have amazing houses they'd love to throw parties in, but they don't like the idea of random players they don't know to be running around, other than the friends who were invited. Whatever the case is, you should be able to know how many players, who, and where they are in your houses.

The Idea is for a new icon to appear when at home. It could be next to the friends list or appear somewhere when opening the housing menu. Clicking on it, a list would open up called "Visitors" with a number (#) that shows how many players are in any of your homes. Clicking on the visitor's name would allow you to see which house they're at, as well as clickable options that could either send that specific player, add that player to your friends list, or even exile them from your houses. It's like an ignore player list, only the player isn't allowed to visit your houses anymore. (You can remove that player from that list at any time.) Like a friends list, there are arrows on the list that can switch between visitors and unwelcome guests. I've known some players who've had issues keeping certain people out of their homes because they'd port through friends or other reasons. One more feature to this menu would be a "Send All" button that would send everyone in any of your houses away. I'm sure a lot of players would find this convenient.

Long story short, it's a menu that lets you know how many players are in any of your houses; and allows you to send or friend them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing for this to happen. Please take this idea into consideration...
No. I have teleporting for friends only for just this kind of reason.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I have 29 houses chained together with teleporters. this would be the greatest thing since sliced bread to me. people hide in my houses and i cant get them out. one time i logged off and when i logged back on i went to my houses and found about 7 people having a whole party. i would love this feature and add a send all away button with it. Also a banned list because i had to keep sending this guy away cause he kept porting back (actually dont do that cause its fun to troll people using that LOL). This is an amazing idea and surprised nobody has replied to this yet. this is one of the best ideas i have read in a really long time

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RavenLady777 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. All of mine are set to friends only. That prevents others from porting to them unless I change that setting. Additional options are not needed.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
RavenLady777 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, but some people want friends to invite friends for a party, but sometimes it could get out of control or there's a specific person they don't want welcome, but they want to keep ports open for a late visitor that IS welcome and online. It's also a good idea to be able to know who's in your house, so you won't have to keep your house limited to friends only. You would feel a bit more free to let visitors into your home, knowing you could just send them all with a click of a button.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
ThatLifeGuy on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
I have 29 houses chained together with teleporters. this would be the greatest thing since sliced bread to me. people hide in my houses and i cant get them out. one time i logged off and when i logged back on i went to my houses and found about 7 people having a whole party. i would love this feature and add a send all away button with it. Also a banned list because i had to keep sending this guy away cause he kept porting back (actually dont do that cause its fun to troll people using that LOL). This is an amazing idea and surprised nobody has replied to this yet. this is one of the best ideas i have read in a really long time
Wow, yeah, we definitely need this option, especially us players with a big amount of houses and areas for players to hide in.

(I'm curious to know the one house you're missing. XD Are you including dorm?)

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Is KI considering this right now? I really wish for this option to be available...

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I AGREE!!!!! One time i threw a party at my house and one of my friends irl was a low lvl, so she invited her low lvl friends which didn't bother me. After the party i left to go buy/sell stuff at the bazaar but when i came back i went to my living room..... there were completely random people chatting, playing, and exploring away!!! in MY OWN house!! They hid somewhere when the party was over i guess!! I sent them away right then and there, simple as that. I would love this option to know WHO EXACTLY is in your house!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed. Cause once my friend( who had menu chat) invited all of HIS friends to MY house. I went home after questing for an hour, and my house was filled with a bunch of random menu chatters. I would like to know how many there were, and who there was.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Agreed. i one time threw a small party for my friend irl (it was their birthday and they were about to port) but i needed to get some good clothes (all mine are made intentionally for holidays and/or battling) and when i teleported i didnt notice one of my low lvl friends "Ported" as i left. when i returned none of my friends were in the main room. all were hiding in my panic rooms from the....maybe 50 menu chats? My friend irl ported and immediately asked: "Why the heck did you invite me to a room filled with menu-chatters?" i hated that day.....i immediately removed my low lvl friend who caused all of this and sent him away.

If "KI" even CONSIDERS this it will take of a large burden of making sure that my 3 houses (my old noob royal playhouse, my dorm, and my Pyramid of the Lost Horizon) are not being swarmed by noobs

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Stormgem307 on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
I AGREE!!!!! One time i threw a party at my house and one of my friends irl was a low lvl, so she invited her low lvl friends which didn't bother me. After the party i left to go buy/sell stuff at the bazaar but when i came back i went to my living room..... there were completely random people chatting, playing, and exploring away!!! in MY OWN house!! They hid somewhere when the party was over i guess!! I sent them away right then and there, simple as that. I would love this option to know WHO EXACTLY is in your house!
Exactly! Players enjoy having guests over, but when the party's over, the home owner should at least know who's still around. Limiting home to friends might prevent people from porting, but it doesn't help you find who's already at your house(s) at all.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Shadow warrior on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. i one time threw a small party for my friend irl (it was their birthday and they were about to port) but i needed to get some good clothes (all mine are made intentionally for holidays and/or battling) and when i teleported i didnt notice one of my low lvl friends "Ported" as i left. when i returned none of my friends were in the main room. all were hiding in my panic rooms from the....maybe 50 menu chats? My friend irl ported and immediately asked: "Why the heck did you invite me to a room filled with menu-chatters?" i hated that day.....i immediately removed my low lvl friend who caused all of this and sent him away.

If "KI" even CONSIDERS this it will take of a large burden of making sure that my 3 houses (my old noob royal playhouse, my dorm, and my Pyramid of the Lost Horizon) are not being swarmed by noobs
Yeah, try dealing with that when you have over 20 houses all connected through portals. I like them being connected, but I want to know who's there as well.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Yes please! That would be amazing! Please KI take this into consideration.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I want something that tells me who are in my house and their moving location. Disabled in housing games of course.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'd enjoy this feature as well. I have many houses connected by teleporters as well, and normally I don't mind people exploring my homes, but occasionally a bad apple comes by and I really hate having to chase someone down through 10 different houses just so I can send them away. Having a list, similar to the friends list that would show who is in your house would be a great feature to have and would simplify sending away malcontents.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
I want something that tells me who are in my house and their moving location. Disabled in housing games of course.
Yeah, that would be awesome! I hope it's not too advanced though, since we don't even have a map for any of the houses so far... (Not that we'd really need one except for the Azteca house...) But it could reveal hidden areas as well. Maybe only the home owner would be able to see a map if there were one. Still, we should at least be able to know who and how many people are in our homes.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
I'd like this feature way more than a new pack...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Doesn't solve your problem, but a fun thing you can do is place portals that go to a sealed location (no way out, like a locked room). You can use your dorm room, or a room in your house with blocked access to the door. People who use these portals can't return to your house unless they re-port to a friend still at your house. It really confuses some people.

Its fun and effective because nobody can resist trying out portals placed around your house!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
RottenHeart on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
Doesn't solve your problem, but a fun thing you can do is place portals that go to a sealed location (no way out, like a locked room). You can use your dorm room, or a room in your house with blocked access to the door. People who use these portals can't return to your house unless they re-port to a friend still at your house. It really confuses some people.

Its fun and effective because nobody can resist trying out portals placed around your house!
See, the thing is, I have a lot of friends and new friends that want to visit my homes. I'm totally fine with that, and I don't want these people to get trapped and ask me to port just to get them out while I'm away, doing something else. I let friends stay over because they don't usually cause problems at all. I'm fine with them inviting friends as well, but sometimes when a friend leaves, I want to know if anyone is still around, perhaps lost or looking for the home owner. I just want to at least be able to see who's at my homes. The limit-to-friends option isn't enough.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Agreed. An option like this for all areas of the game could prove useful, as well.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
I'm still wishing for this to finally happen. It would make things so much easier with large parties. ^-^

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
bionaknight on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. An option like this for all areas of the game could prove useful, as well.
Definitely. I see KI is busy with other improvements in the game, which are now in the test realm and announced, but I hope for this option to become available soon too.

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
@RottenHeart, the locked room worked really well for me on the test realm, and the funny thing is, when the common menu chat noob i invited went in everyone turned off ports, he was trapped in there >:3 he left and started Menu Chatting "That wasn't nice" or, "Don't be mean!"

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
What i do is i start wildfire tag in my house and i tells me how man people are in my house but your idea is great!