Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guide to pvp etiquite.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
(Cross posting from pirate101central.com).

Guide to pvp etiquite.

Hello and welcome to my guide to pvp etiquite. Here I will list some things to keep in mind when doing pvp. Anyone who does pvp knows that it can get pretty competitive at times and more often than not emotions flare up, so hopefully this guide will teach players some things to keep in mind when pvping against others.

1. Be respectful: Yelling, raging and/or cursing at your teammates and/or enemies doesn't help or solve anything and chances are will only make them perform worse than they normally would. It also makes you look like an immature troll. If you decide to use foul language, you will be reported and you will get in trouble for it as well.

2. Don't be a sore loser/winner: Even though pvp can be pretty competitive at times, most people do it to have fun and as such there's no need to be a sore loser if/when you lose or are losing. Likewise, if you win or are winning, taunting the opponents and/or acting all stuck-up, snooty and just acting like a plain jerk because of it is not needed and just makes you look like a sore winner as well as a jerk (i.e. even if you win or lose, acting like a jerk about it will only make you look bad and make people not want to pvp with or against you as well).

3. Don't be afraid to ask what you did wrong or offer advice to players: Pvp can also be a good learning experience as well as a place to make new friends as well. If you see someone struggling, don't be afraid to offer them advice on how they can do better next time. Likewise if you lose, don't be afraid to ask what you did wrong either, and if your respectful and sincere about it, then chances are you'll get allot more respect and maybe even some new friends as well.

4. Don't flee when your health drops to zero: Even if you drop to zero health, that doesn't mean that the match is an automatic loss. By fleeing you make it more difficult for your teammates to win (not impossible mind-you, just more difficult). Most people carry at least one or two heals in their arsenal, so if you stick around long enough, then chances are that you'll be able to get healed and be able to live to fight another day and help out more in the fight than before.

5. Have fun: Pvp is meant to be a fun activity to do, so there's no point to playing it if you're not gonna have fun while doing it. Just try to do the best you can and try to have fun while doing so, as even if you lose, chances are if you're respectful about your victory or defeat, then maybe you can make some new friends and pick up new strategies as well.

There are more that I can't think of right now and they will be added to this when I do manage to think of them, but for now, I hope this guide was both informative and helpful as well to boot.

Thank you for your time and until we meet again gamers, happy gaming.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I completely agree, Flash! I remember in the days of Dragonspyre, PvP was a pretty friendly activity. I remember having nice conversations with my foes. Nowadays, everyone either immediately leaves afterwards or they yell at/insult their foes. It's just a game, people, no need to take it so seriously. You may lose one fight, but you can win the next one! Additionally, I'd like to add this:

If you lose a match, don't complain about how "overpowered this or that is, must be nerfed or removed!". It doesn't get you any respect, and chances are nothing will change anyway. Instead, ask for some advice on strategy to win the next time, and I'm sure we'll all be happy to help!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Nice nice, I try to offer advice to players as we leave the arena..only if I destroy them O.o Nonetheless I say gg (after complaining about the rank I lost hahaha) but I never get onto my enemy. I try to be a good sport but there are times when its hard to be (puppets I'm looking at you) I 2v2ed with my bro and we were both level 10, we won against a 10 & 30 team and then again against the same thing. Then we made our mistake..no tc unicorns. All the sudden there was a double ice 50 & 6 team. (I know not the worst but common we were level 10!) and we almost won too thanks to my bros triton pet. Sadly all was lost. As we left the arena it showed -27 points. We both immediately screamed puppets and unfair! And sadly yes we screamed noobs. I try to be sportmanlike sometimes is harder than others.

Wolf, level 10 Pyromancer with Pride