Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ponce De Gibbon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
When me and my friend battled Ponce de Gibbon everything was fine untile he used beguile on me and when my friend defeated him I wasnt on his side so now I have to battle him again. this is not fair at all.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
When I fought him with a Fire, the fight became a whole lot easier when we adopted the "interrupt strategy", which was to use a dispel to stop his line of cheats. If you are in a party with 2 to 4 people, then you need to make sure that at least two people have their sideboard loaded with an Ice dispel known as Melt (as I can't remember how many rounds it takes for him to repeat his cheats, I think the best thing to do is put as many Melts on him as possible). Using Melt will stop his line of cheats, stopping him from Beguiling you and your friends, making it easier to conquer him.

Oh I forgot...you can buy Melt treasure cards from Harold Argleston (Wizard City), Zan'ne (Krokotopia), The Archivist (Celestia), and Kiliman Copperleaf (Zafaria). Hoped I helped! :D

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Pnce De Gibbon is pretty hard he tries making you on his side.So you cant attack him if he does that.At least he is not like the jabberwock.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Energeia on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
When I fought him with a Fire, the fight became a whole lot easier when we adopted the "interrupt strategy", which was to use a dispel to stop his line of cheats. If you are in a party with 2 to 4 people, then you need to make sure that at least two people have their sideboard loaded with an Ice dispel known as Melt (as I can't remember how many rounds it takes for him to repeat his cheats, I think the best thing to do is put as many Melts on him as possible). Using Melt will stop his line of cheats, stopping him from Beguiling you and your friends, making it easier to conquer him.

Oh I forgot...you can buy Melt treasure cards from Harold Argleston (Wizard City), Zan'ne (Krokotopia), The Archivist (Celestia), and Kiliman Copperleaf (Zafaria). Hoped I helped! :D
Um...Beguile is a death spell, not ice.

Anyway, when I went in, I was the first to be beguiled. My friends and I made up this idea where we told the rest of the wizards what Ponce's spell was so the others were ready. Try to have a storm help. That's how I got Ponce, it wasn't easy but I had three other friends help me. One was a balance, one was a storm, and I think the third person was a fire wizard. I did use strangle (death dispel) and eventually it was over.

Oh, and I think you might want to get someone who already beat Ponce to come, when they are beguiled, attack. That might work.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
For me, it seems that you need to attack him on the 3rd turn after combat begins, and every 4th turn afterwards. Do this and you avoid his cheats. You can win much easier with two people.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Scarlet Hawk on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Um...Beguile is a death spell, not ice.

Anyway, when I went in, I was the first to be beguiled. My friends and I made up this idea where we told the rest of the wizards what Ponce's spell was so the others were ready. Try to have a storm help. That's how I got Ponce, it wasn't easy but I had three other friends help me. One was a balance, one was a storm, and I think the third person was a fire wizard. I did use strangle (death dispel) and eventually it was over.

Oh, and I think you might want to get someone who already beat Ponce to come, when they are beguiled, attack. That might work.
Melt stops him from starting the process of this cheat (stun shield) So then he won't continue with the rest of it. Hope I explained it well enough for you.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I think that you shouldn't be able to use beguile on another wizard. That's not fair, because if you end a fight like that, then you lose.

Defender
May 03, 2009
ComansoRowlett on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
Melt stops him from starting the process of this cheat (stun shield) So then he won't continue with the rest of it. Hope I explained it well enough for you.
Sorry, my brother wrote the first sentence. I don't remember him stun shielding, though. Thanks. :)

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Scarlet Hawk on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, my brother wrote the first sentence. I don't remember him stun shielding, though. Thanks. :)
He uses a stun shield on you. That is how he starts his cheat so melt is good but use death dispel if he gets past the starting process

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
it's strange how he has a tail and gibbons are apes either he's a monkey with the word gibbon in his name or KI accidently gave him the name gibbon or accidently gave him a tail. it would be funny if they gave him a tail just to add to the strange things that happen on wizard101 like talking scarecrows and dueling horses xD a gibbon with a tail does make sense in that kind of place rofl

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I had some fun fighting him with my friend. Every time Ponce used beguile on my buddy I would use Scarecrow. I took it as an opportunity to attack my friend without a PVP atmosphere.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I fought him when I had the quest with a lvl 90 life and 67 balance.He spammed beguile on me but they waited till I was on their side to hit.Another time I did it with a 32 ice which mostly shielded him and krakened the boss once in a while.We did do it thx to some pierces a crow 3 dr. von's and 1 bone dragon that together hit about 210000.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
MustachCashDash on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
When me and my friend battled Ponce de Gibbon everything was fine untile he used beguile on me and when my friend defeated him I wasnt on his side so now I have to battle him again. this is not fair at all.
just beat him. What I did was use the L75 minion. It took some of the cheats from me because Ponce marked it instead of me. Also, save some wand hits for those "attack him or he cheats" times.