Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ummm: Cyrus is Too Hard

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
The fight to get into Dragonspyre (Professor Cyrus Drake) is nearly impossible for Storm Wizards. He should not know the Storm Shield Spell. This spell makes it way to near impossible. The fight goes like this: I save up for Triton; no shield. I get to Triton. No shield. I cast Triton. Shield. It's like the game AI is absolutely buffed on this boss monster. Also, his personal attack where he hurls beams of light at your face for two pips, is much too overpowered.
Thanks

Administrator
The whole point of Cyrus' challenge is to determine if you are ready for the trials of Dragonspyre. If you cannot defeat Cyrus, you are not ready for the tougher creatures of Dragonspyre.

Spend some time in Grizzleheim to gain some more experience and get yourself some better equipment. Work on your deck to get the most out of your spells.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
KingCobra022 on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
The fight to get into Dragonspyre (Professor Cyrus Drake) is nearly impossible for Storm Wizards. He should not know the Storm Shield Spell. This spell makes it way to near impossible. The fight goes like this: I save up for Triton; no shield. I get to Triton. No shield. I cast Triton. Shield. It's like the game AI is absolutely buffed on this boss monster. Also, his personal attack where he hurls beams of light at your face for two pips, is much too overpowered.
Thanks
Heh, I didn't have any trouble with him. I defeated him with just using Stormzilla, and heals. Besides, I defeated him with one try and I am a storm wizard. I don't see the difficulty of defeating him.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Thanks
He is not that difficult. You should have wands in your deck to 'break' the shields. Or use a non-storm spell.
He's meant to be a challenge but can easily be defeated with proper planning.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
lol i'd like to see what you post when you gt to Aztecca..

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks
When i was up to you, my triton smashed cyrus with 10,000 damage dealt, he was easy, lolz i am storm.
He has storm shield cause you have boost, so it fair.

Name:Quinn DawnSword
Type:Diviner
Badge:One in a Million, Archmage

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
I technecly I got lucky when beating him a friend and I had just beat the jade oni so he went in I was still talking to Cyrus when I went to fight him my friend was in ther

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
Thanks
Cyrus Drake is pretty easy if you side a bit... I recommend Level 50 at least? ( Don't go too high, trust me. At tops, like 55. )
Now, if you're storm.. Um thats a different Story.
Storm wizard: Elemental Blade
Cyrus: Random spell
Storm wizard: Elemental Trap
Cyrus: Random Spell
Storm Wizard: Balanceblade
Storm Wizard: Dragonblade
Cyrus: Random spell
Storm Wizard: Feint
Storm Wizard: Charm
Cyrus: Storm shield
Yeah, that would kinda be annoying. LOL

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
SuperSaiyan5000 on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
lol i'd like to see what you post when you gt to Aztecca..
Lol....

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
he was really easy to defeat and i did it in one try and by myself but i know for some other people is hard.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
This guy was easy for me…well….i am a storm…. (i have no idea why you other storm wizards are having problems with this)

Get some storm tc and use a storm wand. You wont need boosts because storm boosts to myth. use the wand spells when faced with a storm shield.

Cyrus is less than half the threat malistare is…..

If you can't defeat cyrus, you won't be able to defeat any monsters in DS. Its a fact. Like Lydia Greyrose said, its a test of strength.

Practice and try, try again!

Dont give up! :)

Keira Dreamleaf

Ps. level 40 is the ideal time to do this quest (Not 50 to 55! thats Cl!) I did it at 38.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
You Storms think Cyrus is hard? Try being a Myth wizard, he only has 90% resist towards all myth spells.

It's terribly Troubling, And long. Took me five tries too actually kill him off.

Probably the best tactic is too keep chipping away at him, I really can't specify much more.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Belgrim Soulthief on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
You Storms think Cyrus is hard? Try being a Myth wizard, he only has 90% resist towards all myth spells.

It's terribly Troubling, And long. Took me five tries too actually kill him off.

Probably the best tactic is too keep chipping away at him, I really can't specify much more.
Use your prism, that's what you have it for. And your secondary school. You will need these strategies later on.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2012
Thanks
You have to deeat a professer?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
snowyowlgal on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
You have to deeat a professer?
Yes. At a certain point, to move on, you need to defeat Professor Drake

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
my ice wizard beat him with like 3 colossus and then a wyvern to finish, but my thaumaturgge had about 2800 hp, had 5 elementals, ice traps and blades, and impressive equipment. my fire wiz hd trouble beating him, so ice is (i think) the easiest to kill him off

Ian IceHunter
lvl 45
in mirkholm keep
easy (at some pts)
yelp

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bearkat904 on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
my ice wizard beat him with like 3 colossus and then a wyvern to finish, but my thaumaturgge had about 2800 hp, had 5 elementals, ice traps and blades, and impressive equipment. my fire wiz hd trouble beating him, so ice is (i think) the easiest to kill him off

Ian IceHunter
lvl 45
in mirkholm keep
easy (at some pts)
yelp
Ice is 'easier' due to high health.
Death was a breeze.
Ice was easy.
Myth, well that one took a bit longer. :)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Cyrus isnt meant to be hard- hes just preparing you for dragonsypre.. so if you cant beat him... you wont have fun in dragonsypre at all!!!!! ................................................................ I've heard azteca is no joke at all, its hard, sometimes brutal, and very difficult at points.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Thanks
Read my post at I'm stuck in Dragonspyre, too hard! It's the (slightly exaggerated) truth.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I don't know ow but when I went in to fight him another wizard was there fighting him so I kinda never fought him alone I'm storm lvl 73

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Battle him a few times so you can know his strategy and use your best spells and bring three friends with you that may destroy his shields for you.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Cyrus was soo easy for me. I'm a storm wizard and I must have got lucky. He didn't use shields for me at all

Dolan Griffontalon Legendary Diviner (level 62)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
I personally think that beating Cyrus is cake-walk, just pack pierce and a leviathan from the bazaar and then kill him.
- Destiny Thundergem
Transcendent Diviner

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Ruthless Rook on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
When i was up to you, my triton smashed cyrus with 10,000 damage dealt, he was easy, lolz i am storm.
He has storm shield cause you have boost, so it fair.

Name:Quinn DawnSword
Type:Diviner
Badge:One in a Million, Archmage
That makes sense... I wish I was that far, though! (got to hope meowairty doesnt have storm shield...)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
Thanks
Cyrus is not too hard. The bosses in this game are NEVER too hard. You are just too easy. To prevent yourself from being too easy, stack up on good cards. wear "battle gear" (clothes that help you the most") Oh, and if Cyrus uses so many storm shields, why don't you use many traps, blades and good stuff like that. These things will help you.

If you want to learn ALL about Cyrus Drake and ways to prevent being defeated by him, go to www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Cyrus_Drake
This will help you A LOT. Please tell me if this helped or not!