Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Avalon good or not?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
I am a fire student who has heard about Avalon. I am on Marleybone. Is Avalon good? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Avalon? This goes for also a ton of other wizard, too.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Avalon is fantastic fun for a fire wizard!

My fire girl, Scarlet Ravensong, soloed everything except for parts of Ghost Avalon with ease. I learned very quickly to carry a small deck: 2 Meteor Strike and 2 Dragon plus 4 Colossal, 2 fire blades and 2 tc fire blades, shields, and one heal. I also improved my strategies for using the sideboard. For bosses, I used Efreet and Heck Hound, Backdraft, Power Link and, of course, Colossal, blades, shields. There wasn't much that gave me trouble, with the exception of the White Owl Tower and Fire Spitter Spawn, and I had friends to help with those battles.

Scarlet wore her WaterWorks gear throughout Avalon. I didn't find any clothing that gave better stats, so I concentrated on boosted pips with the Sidhe Wand, and various crafted rings and athames, and used a Hotzilla that gives fire blade and a Fierce Hound that gives Spritely and 8% universal resist. Scarlet rarely died in battles.

The most important advice I have is to practice shielding, and plan to save a full tray of pips so you can Dragon and Meteor in two rounds. Prepare your deck to withstand 5-6 rounds of damage from the start of street and boss battles. Oh, and a lesson from Azteca: Stock up on Conviction and other stun blocks, along with shields in the sideboard; they're useful for Storm, Ice, and Myth mobs and bosses, especially for the soloist Pyromancer.

A gardener's tip: Grow Laugh O'Dils for the awesome shield treasure card harvests.

Good Hunting,

Qbb

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Scarlet MistCloud on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
I am a fire student who has heard about Avalon. I am on Marleybone. Is Avalon good? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Avalon? This goes for also a ton of other wizard, too.
Fun for those who like that sort of game play and enjoy figuring it out, not fun or even possible for most casual players with out major help though all the world.

I did complete it with one of my wizards but won't return with any others as it doesn't fit into my casual game play style at all. I call it my slog fest world - I have no idea what it looked like or what it was all about I just battled my way though it to get it done with. I said I would help someone though it and I did.

The first arc to the Malestaire fight was made for me, after that was made for everyone else.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
Canny B Moone on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Avalon is fantastic fun for a fire wizard!

My fire girl, Scarlet Ravensong, soloed everything except for parts of Ghost Avalon with ease. I learned very quickly to carry a small deck: 2 Meteor Strike and 2 Dragon plus 4 Colossal, 2 fire blades and 2 tc fire blades, shields, and one heal. I also improved my strategies for using the sideboard. For bosses, I used Efreet and Heck Hound, Backdraft, Power Link and, of course, Colossal, blades, shields. There wasn't much that gave me trouble, with the exception of the White Owl Tower and Fire Spitter Spawn, and I had friends to help with those battles.

Scarlet wore her WaterWorks gear throughout Avalon. I didn't find any clothing that gave better stats, so I concentrated on boosted pips with the Sidhe Wand, and various crafted rings and athames, and used a Hotzilla that gives fire blade and a Fierce Hound that gives Spritely and 8% universal resist. Scarlet rarely died in battles.

The most important advice I have is to practice shielding, and plan to save a full tray of pips so you can Dragon and Meteor in two rounds. Prepare your deck to withstand 5-6 rounds of damage from the start of street and boss battles. Oh, and a lesson from Azteca: Stock up on Conviction and other stun blocks, along with shields in the sideboard; they're useful for Storm, Ice, and Myth mobs and bosses, especially for the soloist Pyromancer.

A gardener's tip: Grow Laugh O'Dils for the awesome shield treasure card harvests.

Good Hunting,

Qbb
Thanks. Now, I am on Mooshu. Give a shout out if you see me! I am Scarlet MistCloud a fire student

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I like Avalon. I am on the last legs of my adventure before I move on to aztecia. I am also one level away from level 80. I have to say it is hard and challenging, but it is very solo-able. I soloed everything so far except the Jabberwock. I found it hard so I had an ice friend come in and help me. We won first round.

Everything else I can truthfully say I have beaten by myself. I found that with all the bosses, they were fairly easy to beat once you took out their minions. The first thing I always do is take them out.

Some bosses cheat, some don't. Some of the bosses cheats are easy to get around, like Black Annie. Her cheat was just to stun you and then drain you with a vampire if you used anything below a 4 pip spell. I still used one pip spells on her, but I made sure to have a death shield on and all the low level pips I used where traps, because she could not heal herself further it was no big deal. Using the traps was worth the extra attack she got. I also made sure to have a ton of healing spells besides having the death shields. Blades and healing spells with low level pips did not count as you were not directly attacking her.

So you see with a good strategy Avalon is not so hard to beat.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Avalon is simple, but you must know how to battle.

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz