Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

not impossible, just not easy.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
ok so a lot of people are complaining that azteca is to hard. they are mad about the high health, high pips, and high damage. all i have to say is: GET OVER IT! did you think azteca would be a walk in the park? if this world is impossible, why are five of my friends prometheans? i saw this guy solo xiblalba on youtube. i'm at saltmeadow swanp and i can honestly say i have not died or even went down to a thousand health points yet. ok so i'm ice and i have a lot of health. but these are my stats.
4981 health
371 mana
227 critical to ice
132 universal block
39 damage
58 power pips
15 in/ 25 out/ healing
no stun or pierce damage
40% universal resist 78% to fire 74% to storm.
obviously my stats are pretty good, but look at my block power pip heal and damage. they suffer a bit because of my resist and health. my point in all of this is, if you think its too hard and you want to stop playing, thats your problem and not kingsilse's. true its hard and the odds are against us, but i like challenges. i've been able to solo about half of the bosses. i'm not saying i'm immortal, or that i'm awsome, in fact i'm a pvp noob, but this really isn't that hard. you want to get through with this? then buckle up and show them no mercy. those of us that are prometheans are a symbol that tells ki that we can defeat whatever they throw at us. i'll welcome the tough challenges. i want to undertake something thawill leave me proud of what i accomplished and i want to say, "wow that was tough and i just barley survived."
most people wont agree with me, and thats fine, but those of you that do, say something about it. let the others know that eventually you'll get there.
jason thundersword level 83 thaumaturge

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
ok so a lot of people are complaining that azteca is to hard. they are mad about the high health, high pips, and high damage. all i have to say is: GET OVER IT! did you think azteca would be a walk in the park? if this world is impossible, why are five of my friends prometheans? i saw this guy solo xiblalba on youtube. i'm at saltmeadow swanp and i can honestly say i have not died or even went down to a thousand health points yet. ok so i'm ice and i have a lot of health. but these are my stats.
4981 health
371 mana
227 critical to ice
132 universal block
39 damage
58 power pips
15 in/ 25 out/ healing
no stun or pierce damage
obviously my stats are pretty good, but look at my block power pip heal and damage. they suffer a bit because of my resist and health. my point in all of this is, if you think its too hard and you want to stop playing, thats your problem and not kingsilse's. true its hard and the odds are against us, but i like challenges. i've been able to solo about half of the bosses. i'm not saying i'm immortal, or that i'm awsome, in fact i'm a pvp noob, but this really isn't that hard. you want to get through with this? then buckle up and show them no mercy. those of us that are prometheans are a symbol that tells ki that we can defeat whatever they throw at us. i'll welcome the tough challenges. i want to undertake something thawill leave me proud of what i accomplished and i want to say, "wow that was tough and i just barley survived."
most people wont agree with me, and thats fine, but those of you that do, say something about it. let the others know that eventually you'll get there.
oh i to have not died yet in azteca and im in alto alto, and my friend thats when the world takes the jump. thats when you meet the 5k health storm mobs and so on. you know it wouldnt hurt you guys to do most of the world before judging the difficulty of a new world, just saying.

now i was gonna go a a little rant about how ki would lose money if they kept kicking up the dificulty like this but id rather just ask you all to think of the long term effect, whats gonna happen after step 1 and 2, what happenes if the worlds keep getting harder and we keep getting almost nothing to power ourselves up with. just think ahead of whats right in front of you.

im interested of what you guys think will happen to this game if it stays on its current path so plz post.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gweedoboy on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
oh i to have not died yet in azteca and im in alto alto, and my friend thats when the world takes the jump. thats when you meet the 5k health storm mobs and so on. you know it wouldnt hurt you guys to do most of the world before judging the difficulty of a new world, just saying.

now i was gonna go a a little rant about how ki would lose money if they kept kicking up the dificulty like this but id rather just ask you all to think of the long term effect, whats gonna happen after step 1 and 2, what happenes if the worlds keep getting harder and we keep getting almost nothing to power ourselves up with. just think ahead of whats right in front of you.

im interested of what you guys think will happen to this game if it stays on its current path so plz post.
If it stays on this current path, I'll eventually reach that ninth level......

Champion
Feb 03, 2012

Well regarding the worlds lets think of it this way. Before Azteca came out the worlds and our stats were fairly even so that it'd be a challenge to solo (working with others don't count as a factor into difficulty). So looking at this Azteca kinda broke the boundaries a bit, we advanced as usual but the new world jumped from what it should have and could have been.

Celestia was 100 and we were 50
Zafaria was 125 and we were 75
Avalon was 150 and we were 100
Aztecas is 300 and we are 125

This is just a way of showing my point but you all get it, not only did Azteca get a major increase in difficulty but we didn't get our major stat increase to deal with it. There are still 2 options to fixing this. 1. Lower the world difficulty and keep same stat rate or 2. Increase our stat rate and continue with the current world rate.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I just finished Azteca today with my Myth wizard. Me and a friend (using a death wizard) quested together the entire world and enjoyed ever bit of it. We now plan on taking my Life and her Storm through.

Was there a bit of difficulty i some areas? yes, but nothing that made us want to quit.

Yes there were some cheating bosses, but none of the cheats were outlandish. Belloq and his minion did give us a good beating until we learned the new twist to his cheat. In the final dungeon, we did have a third person join us (another death wizard). Despite having only 3 people, I found it less difficult than what I thought it would be. There were a few cheats, but none of them like Morganthe in Ghost Avalon.

Due to work schedules and time zone differences, I do know it is difficult to find someone to quest with full time. Because of my work schedule, I have had the opportunity to play this game at different times of the day and night. By changing realms, I have been able to find someone to help me in a difficult fight.

This may be a small spoiler:
For the solo quests, I used a trick I learned way back in krokotopia. Make sure you have full potion bottles. Mark INSIDE the bosses chamber. Kill the minions first. If you do die, drink potion, and port back. The minion you killed will still be gone, evening the odds. You are only given a very short time before the mark becomes useless, which is the reason for the potions. If you do kill the boss first without killing minion before dying you will not get credit for it.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 90 Myth

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
AstroStorm on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Well regarding the worlds lets think of it this way. Before Azteca came out the worlds and our stats were fairly even so that it'd be a challenge to solo (working with others don't count as a factor into difficulty). So looking at this Azteca kinda broke the boundaries a bit, we advanced as usual but the new world jumped from what it should have and could have been.

Celestia was 100 and we were 50
Zafaria was 125 and we were 75
Avalon was 150 and we were 100
Aztecas is 300 and we are 125

This is just a way of showing my point but you all get it, not only did Azteca get a major increase in difficulty but we didn't get our major stat increase to deal with it. There are still 2 options to fixing this. 1. Lower the world difficulty and keep same stat rate or 2. Increase our stat rate and continue with the current world rate.
What do you mean with these numbers, I dont quite understand what they are representing or is this just an example of difficulty rating.
1. If people are getting through the world then its not to difficult.
2. Our stats and gear and spells should be increased.
There is a post already asking people to voice their opinion on difficulty, I suggest going there and posting.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
4981 health
371 mana
227 critical to ice
132 universal block
39 damage
58 power pips
15 in/ 25 out/ healing
no stun or pierce damage
Before you state opinions, you should finish the world first, then voice whether it's difficult or not. It gets tougher after Alto Alto, even for an Ice wizard. I found Azteca was at just the right amount of challenge the first half. The second half was grinding.

If people are questing together, it makes the world so much easier. But, this doesn't always happen, as there are a variety of factors that prevent teams, including time zones, work, family, allowed computer time, etc.

I quested Azteca completely solo on my Ice wizard. I never died in a mob or boss fight, and this includes the final dungeon. It doesn't mean it was easy for me - it was quite a challenge. It forced me into a PvP mindset, which I absolutely hate. This game is suppose to be fun and exciting for everyone, not just the hardcore players.

My L90 Ice at the moment:

5750 health
45 damage
51 universal resist, 84 fire, 80 storm
86 accurancy
182 critical
163 universal block
83 power pips
35 healing in

I keep several sets of gear in my backpack to switch. My health can range from 5750 to 6212, my damage from 39 to 60, resist can go higher, power pips from 78 to 98, healing in from 0 to 55, block from 111 to 232, critical from 0 to 182, accuracy from 80 to 103.

It all depends on what gear I switch with. My current stats are a good combination of both defense and offense.

This is not an option for many people. I can see how Azteca is/can be too difficult for so many players. If the gear, whether it's crafted, purchased from the Bazaar or dropped, can't hold up to giving us the stats we need to close the gap between us and the enemy, then many players will be left behind.

I am open-minded about the dilemma for other players. I want to see everyone enjoy the game to it's fullest without it being brutal and grinding and having to become hardcore to play it, or having to buy henchmen to get them through.

Besides, being a Promethean wizard does not mean someone has finished the game, it only means someone has reached the current level cap of 90, which is easy to do long before the final dungeon.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

The casual gamers will quit, all my friends did, the hard core gamers won't want to wade though DS to get to the meaty content in Celestia and above.

Personally I am ending my yrly subs so am running down my time on making and deleting new wizards because past DS is not what I joined Wizards101 for so I can't see paying for improvements that don't fit my game style.

I am not a hard core gamer and do not plan on becoming one just because the game took that stand.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
What do you mean with these numbers, I dont quite understand what they are representing or is this just an example of difficulty rating.
1. If people are getting through the world then its not to difficult.
2. Our stats and gear and spells should be increased.
There is a post already asking people to voice their opinion on difficulty, I suggest going there and posting.
first to clearify, the numbers are only meant for a way to easily show people the different bewteen each update without using the long equations, your only suppose to see that Azteca did indeed make a huge jump in difficulty, not an impossible one but still pretty hard. Also I've already posted on most of the opinion threads.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think azteca was quite difficult but not even close to impossible. Especially if you have good gear a good strategy or good friends. I feel bad for those that donot have the patience,time or skill to try an make it.
Took me about 5 days to complete azteca and i am no where near a hardcore gamer. If im lucky i have 2-3 hours a night about 3 nights a week to play, Sometimes a bit more an sometimes a bit less.
I find it funny when i hear people say that the world is to difficult for a casual gamer to complete or that casual gamers will quit. The way i see it if i can make it then they can make it, And if someone was going to quit they would have done it in celestia seeing how thats when the difficulty went over what we were used to.
Deep down i dont care if they would nerf the game or not just so it stays around to play.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
I think azteca was quite difficult but not even close to impossible. Especially if you have good gear a good strategy or good friends. I feel bad for those that donot have the patience,time or skill to try an make it.
Took me about 5 days to complete azteca and i am no where near a hardcore gamer. If im lucky i have 2-3 hours a night about 3 nights a week to play, Sometimes a bit more an sometimes a bit less.
I find it funny when i hear people say that the world is to difficult for a casual gamer to complete or that casual gamers will quit. The way i see it if i can make it then they can make it, And if someone was going to quit they would have done it in celestia seeing how thats when the difficulty went over what we were used to.
Deep down i dont care if they would nerf the game or not just so it stays around to play.
well after reading this i can basicly determine that you dont care what happens in this game. however you do seem to like to troll on people who do care about this game lol.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
4981 health
371 mana
227 critical to ice
132 universal block
39 damage
58 power pips
15 in/ 25 out/ healing
no stun or pierce damage
Congratulations Jason, but not everyone is capable of having the same success as you.

I am an Ice Archmage, level 84, and need the extra help in battling the major bosses in the all the areas so far, before Zulton Dock. I commend you and others at not dying and all, but even I need help.

Having reached the Temple of the Storm Eye quest, I had no idea that I would be fighting 4 Goliath Maulers, and they wiped the floor clean with me. Or being able to battle Wanadi for the Stardust, I felt kinda easier that others were on the quest, but uneasy about battling 3 lackeys with the boss. Not to mention the egg thief in the mines that has 3 eagle minions battle for him. I managed to takedown 2 and nearly half of the lifepoints of Grim Calaga, but was still beaten.

Some people have stated that Azteca is all about teamwork, and I agree. Even with 5,702 lifepoints, there are still plenty of times where I have been beaten to a pulp and needed help. If you are able to solo most parts of Azteca, that is great, but you also need to realize that whatever trick you are using needs to be shared.

One trick that some soloers might use is buying minions with crowns. I prefer having a friend that needs to do the same quest so we can help each other

Timothy Pearlflower, Azteca