Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talents at Birth

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I see many references on internet that say pet talents are defined at birth. (ie: the talents that will manifest with training are predetermined, not generated as the pet gets trained). Some state this as established fact. But I don't see where this information originates from, and I can't imagine how you could possibly determine this out without being a KI employee. It could be true, but how can you know? Does KI or Wizard101 literature state this somewhere?

Many references say specific training games, snacks, and attribute scores have zero effect on the talents that manifest. These are based on peoples experience. I kinda believe this, but I feed liked/loved snacks anyway just in case it helps.

Any insights?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I took it as accepted fact that your pet's talents are chosen at hatching.
Also that a manifested talent has a higher chance of being passed on. Of course I see talents not manifested show up on pets 3 or 4 generations later.
I would love to know how to skew the chances one way or another. Or even a way to improve which parent your baby looks like (like the bone drake instead of the scarecrow).
With the introduction of Mega it has become that much harder to achieve the talents you desire in a pet.
All I can say is poor Halfang.
pods

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
All first gen pets have the exact same set up. So if you buy a piggle and i buy a piggle they both have the same talents on each slot. Now understand though that the slots that open are random so we may not acquire the exact same talents on each age tear but if all slots could open they would be identical.

Now after you start to hatch and hybrid your pet that all changes.

Go to any of the sites that offer pet libraries to see this. And test it if you are still in doubt, Ive got several pets of the same species and tested myself and they all have the exact same slots. They open up differently at times but still the same.