Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yuletide Packs

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Not to be a complainer, I know that everything is a random chance. But I also know that things can be set so that once you get a spell from a pack, you won't get that spell on that wizard again.

This morning, I bought I don't know how many Yuletide packs and got 20 one day candycane mounts, 7 one week candycanes and 3 permanent. If you can keep a person from getting a spell multiple times on a character, why can't you limit to 1 one day mount per day and 1 one week mount per week? Or at least not start the timer until you actually equip a temporary mount?

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Yes i too had this problem. Ill bet i had 12 cane mounts in my backpack. I had to keep deleting them for space. I did get the treant mount finally Woot!.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
You can sell permanent mounts to clothing vendors the same as pets. Wish we could sell the temporary ones. SOmething about destroying items, even temporary ones, bothers me.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
You can sell permanent mounts to clothing vendors the same as pets. Wish we could sell the temporary ones. SOmething about destroying items, even temporary ones, bothers me.
I agree. It's annoying to have all these temporary items and basically be able to do nothing but 'trash' them.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Your right, but I'm seeing this complaint/problem as more as a "Borrowing" type of mount. He has more than the permanent types of mounts. It would be best to check the Message Boards, or make sure a professor see's/moderates this complaint. I see your point, I too wish that we can sell temporary ones. I have about the same amount the starter of this Message Board Section has. I will make sure a professor/moderator see's this message.

~From Scarlet Rainhaven,
The Magical Unicorn :) (Not)

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Timothy Lionstalke... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Not to be a complainer, I know that everything is a random chance. But I also know that things can be set so that once you get a spell from a pack, you won't get that spell on that wizard again.

This morning, I bought I don't know how many Yuletide packs and got 20 one day candycane mounts, 7 one week candycanes and 3 permanent. If you can keep a person from getting a spell multiple times on a character, why can't you limit to 1 one day mount per day and 1 one week mount per week? Or at least not start the timer until you actually equip a temporary mount?
I can not agree more. I probably purchased less packs than I might have, if not for the terrible drop rate of the temporary mounts. Some packs I opened had 2 or 3 temp mounts in them.
Really?? I would have happier with mist wood - at least I have use for that. Also, love the idea of delaying the start timer until they are equipped.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
amy7274 on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
I can not agree more. I probably purchased less packs than I might have, if not for the terrible drop rate of the temporary mounts. Some packs I opened had 2 or 3 temp mounts in them.
Really?? I would have happier with mist wood - at least I have use for that. Also, love the idea of delaying the start timer until they are equipped.
Oh wow i didnt know they were doing that with the timers . How awesome finally i might keep some.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
they are not implementing a delayed timer. One poster is just endorsing the suggestion of the other.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I'm just wondering, Does anyonw know if the Yuletide Pack going to be sale on christmas day? Because i'm getting crowns and i would like to buy some packs. Thanks

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Mount rentals in packs bug the heck out of me. It's like stealing my crowns. It MIGHT have value if they went into my gift queue, or if the timers stopped while they were in the bank or if the timers just didn't start until the first time I equipped it. This issue has been around since the first "hoard" packs.

I'll join the general outcry, that mount rentals in packs result in lost business - I don't buy packs after a certain point if I'm losing value by buying them. Mount rentals are lost value.