Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cool Idea For WC Commons

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
There should be a big bell, gong or horn mounted up on a pedestal in the common area. When a player completes a level, or a significant accomplishment they should be allowed to climb up the steps and make a roaring blast for everybody in WC to hear!

The big gong (or whatever) would effect only the realm you are in. And you only get to do it once for each accomplishment. Only one person allowed on the pedestal very 10 seconds, and after 10 seconds you get booted off. Perhaps everyone in the commons gets a message saying "Johnny Starscream completed the Tower of Helephant!" Everybody likes 10 seconds of fame. This would make big accomplishments that much sweeter.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Everybody would constantly be trying to ring the bell. Are you saying you would hear a bell? and just imagine how many notifications you would be getting for everyone ringing the bell, it would be overwhelming!

~Jordan Dragonshard Lv 75 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
I kind of like the idea, but I think ONLY the people leveled or in a new world would be able to ring it, not just people who are done or new to the game...

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I think that is a great idea. But only wizards who leveled up are allowed to ring. Also there should be an option in our notebooks to turn off/on the gong in case some wizards get annoyed.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
There should be a big bell, gong or horn mounted up on a pedestal in the common area. When a player completes a level, or a significant accomplishment they should be allowed to climb up the steps and make a roaring blast for everybody in WC to hear!

The big gong (or whatever) would effect only the realm you are in. And you only get to do it once for each accomplishment. Only one person allowed on the pedestal very 10 seconds, and after 10 seconds you get booted off. Perhaps everyone in the commons gets a message saying "Johnny Starscream completed the Tower of Helephant!" Everybody likes 10 seconds of fame. This would make big accomplishments that much sweeter.
Haha i love it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:

that will cause an earache
and the lag would be aweful
every few seconds a mighty roar or notification with a bell/roar
ack that is just scary

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Great idea although I think there should be certain limits as to who can ring the bell.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Notice I said for significant accomplishments!

Getting your Tower of Helephant badge is significant. Raising your wizard from level 8 to level 9 is not.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
RottenHeart on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Notice I said for significant accomplishments!

Getting your Tower of Helephant badge is significant. Raising your wizard from level 8 to level 9 is not.
so you mean getting to lvl 89 to 90 isn't a big significant. it should be cause that's the lvl cap. maybe the bell can ring once a hour and that would mark the hours in real time and it could help to make a day/night cycle.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Sniper Rose on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
so you mean getting to lvl 89 to 90 isn't a big significant. it should be cause that's the lvl cap. maybe the bell can ring once a hour and that would mark the hours in real time and it could help to make a day/night cycle.
"I said what I meant and I meant what I said"
- Dr Zeuss, Horton Hatches the Egg

Always make sure you read posts carefully before replying.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
RottenHeart on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
"I said what I meant and I meant what I said"
- Dr Zeuss, Horton Hatches the Egg

Always make sure you read posts carefully before replying.
It should be though! Do you think through all that hard work that a wizard that finally lvl up to 90 doesn't want a gong to ring to celebrate? If you don't like this, they will get a Life Minotaur and a 100,000 crowns!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Sniper Rose on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
It should be though! Do you think through all that hard work that a wizard that finally lvl up to 90 doesn't want a gong to ring to celebrate? If you don't like this, they will get a Life Minotaur and a 100,000 crowns!
Absolutely. Reaching level 90 is a huge accomplishment. Agreed.

I have not yet reached level 90 but getting very close. I'm kinda worried it will be anticlimactic. Even worse when I finish Azteca. There are the side quests to finish up. Last night I went back into other worlds to finish some side quests (clean up quest journal) and it just wasn't the same. Being massively overpowered takes the thrill out of it. I was thinking of maybe running around Celestia in the level 1 noob outfit with an imp pet just for kicks. Maybe tonight....

Happy Wizarding!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
That sounds neat, like the thing they used in toontown to tell the hour. Interesting idea