Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Oni Pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
I just got a Jade Oni pet and im wondering, is there any good talents or hybrids it can make? Cause i dont want to raise it up to adult to get a bad talent or hybrids.

Hunter WildCatcher Death (Lvl 51)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Always good to look up pets on Wizard101 Central website.

Just google wizard101 jade oni pet

If you really like the pet but the talents don't suit you, consider hatching it a couple generations with a pet with the talents you really like. This is necessary for pets that look awesome but talents are focused on some other school. This costs lots of gold and takes time. But if you have a general long term plan you can get the awesome pet you always wanted!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The PvE Master on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I just got a Jade Oni pet and im wondering, is there any good talents or hybrids it can make? Cause i dont want to raise it up to adult to get a bad talent or hybrids.

Hunter WildCatcher Death (Lvl 51)
Info on the Jade Oni is here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Jade_Oni

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Well, my Jade oni is an adult and it has no good talents except for the card that is given when they are a baby..

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Jade Oni's talents are kind of terrible. My bro got it to adult, and it only gave him 2% boost to damage. And then no one would hatch with him, because it had such bad talents. My advice to you is; get a friend with a good pet and have him hatch with you.

Sean Goldblood Lvl 82 diviner and lvl 26 thermaturge.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Isn't there a chance for the Jade Oni could learn spritely?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The PvE Master on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
Wizard101 Central Website.

The Jade Oni's 10 potential talents are:

Vigilant (+ Pet's Max Strength and Will)
Add Balance (+ Balance Damage)
Unbalancer (+ Balance Resistance)
Crafty (+ Pet's Max Will)
Astute (+ Pet's Max Intellect)
Spirited (+ Pet's Max Power)
Tenacious (+ Pet's Max Strength)
Health Gift (+ Health)
Hex (chance pet may cast Hex spell)
Balance-It (+ Balance Accuracy)

Most of the potential talents are "selfish" talents, meaning they improve the pet, but don't directly give the wizard a benifit. Its other talents are geared towards balance school. Spritely is NOT a potential talent.

The Jade Oni is a cool looking pet. Hatching it with something with the talents you prefer may produce your desired outcome. Several hatchings may be necessary, but don't get discouraged. If you are into this then research a bit more on the internet to save yourself time and tons of gold.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The PvE Master on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
No.
Please go to the link provided and look up the possible talents. Spritely is not one of them for a first generation pet.