Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Quest Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2011
I am finished with Azteca on death and proceeded to finish the crafting quest. I crafted one eagle war shield and checked in with Oztomeca the Weaver. I am maxed on experience, but received the coin and was told the badge. I went to go craft gear and the vendors are saying I am not a transcended crafter. Went back to Oztomeca to make sure I did not miss a second crafting quest and she has nothing for me. What am I missing?

Possible issues:
1. Game glitch did not give me the badge after all?
2. Is there a second crafter after Oztomeca to get the transcended?

I have spent a great deal of time to complete the war shield. Please advise KI on this humbling situation.

Thanks

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for bringing this up, will make sure I don't complete this quest yet. Do you know of anyone else having this issue? Or is it only happening to you?

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Hi I have written a post about this aswell.

For me I handed in quest.

Got told I was a Transcendent crafter.
But No recipe vendors will sell me any recipes.

When i looked in my backpack wall hangings I still have the Eagle War shield on me.

But Oztemeca wont talk to me anymore I am also level 90 Storm completed all quests including side quests.
After I finished all quests I then did the crafting quest last like you did..

maybe thats the problem? finishing all quests and leaving crafting quest till last makes glitch???

I have sent a ticket to Wizard101 staff as well with my problem. if they have any solution i will make sure to come back here and reply what they have said.

Just one question. Is your Eagle War shield still in backpack?

Survivor
May 27, 2011
I have the same problem with the crafting quest. Just finished it, im very sure i saw on the screen Transcendent artisan badge earned, but i still cant buy any recipes from any vendor in Azcteca.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
I also finished the crafting quest an i did all my other quest and did the crafting quest last and it said i got badge but i was not able to buy any of the gear, I have also reported it waiting to see if they fix

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
I am so glad someone brought this subject up.

I am having the same problem and I too have informed KI and still wait for their responce. The weirdest thing of all is that i have two accounts, i finished the crafter quest on two different characters (different accounts), both got the badge, one was able to get recipies and craft the other cant. :) Weird huh? Still the war shield is in both accounts backpack. I am sure by now this is a glitch and i hope KI is fixing soon so we can work on our gear :)

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
There seems to be an issue with female wizards whocomplete the Azteca storyline first, then go on to do their crafting badge. I completed the crafting quest (I have not completed Azteca yet) and I did receive the badge with no problem.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I'm having the same problem, anyone got an answer to this , riping my hair out lol.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
where do I go to get this crafting quest. I am mostly done Azteca but can't find it still and I am already past the drum quest. I:

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
amy7274 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
There seems to be an issue with female wizards whocomplete the Azteca storyline first, then go on to do their crafting badge. I completed the crafting quest (I have not completed Azteca yet) and I did receive the badge with no problem.

I can confirm that I was able to complete this quest and get the badge. I completed it way before finishing azteca.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I am also having this issue. I received the quest for the shield and then proceeded to fight some battles. I went from Transcendent to Archmage. When I got the OK for entering into the marsh area, I went to get the recipe from Oztomeca, and nothing to buy! It was all grayed out, even though he still has the grey question mark over his head where he gave me the quest.

I see that the professor has addressed this glitch, so I'm just going to gather what I need for the recipe (per online information) and then wait for the glitch to be fixed so I can buy the recipe.

Yes, I'm female, too.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I too am having this issue, My Transendant Crafting rank has been taken away, I finished the quest and becamed Transendent, I bought Ice Gear to craft from Azteca vender. Now my Wizard shows I am Grandmaster Artisan and I can no longer purchase crafting items in Azteca, grrrr

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Hi everyone,
Same problem here. I finished the shield before finishing all quests. I was told that I gained the badge, but it is not there and I still have the shield in my pack. I have reported it as well. This is on my Life character. I am sending my fire throught Azteca now. I hope they fix it soon, that was a lot of work.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Same here. Although I'm still shown as a transcenant crafter, I can't purchase any recipes. I informed support and received an email showing status of problem "solved". I'm affraid not, the problem persists. It's hard enough trying to get some of these reagents to craft let alone not being able to purchase the recipes.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
I too am having the issue. Two support tickets sent in. First ticket said status was solved, so logged in hoping it was. Um nope, so sent in second ticket and was referred to this posting and have a status waiting. So we will see. BTW I also completed Azteca on my death wizard Laura Raventalon before completed the crafting, and am also minus my badge, still have the eagle shield in my backpack and am unable to further my crafting. Sure hope they fix this soon. I am now working my life wizard Lauren EmeraldEyes through Azteca and I will most definately try to complete the eagle shield before finishing Azteca, I hope that it does not lock up on me like it did for my death and I do hope they fix it soon.

Administrator
LaurenEmeraldEyes6... on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
I too am having the issue. Two support tickets sent in. First ticket said status was solved, so logged in hoping it was. Um nope, so sent in second ticket and was referred to this posting and have a status waiting. So we will see. BTW I also completed Azteca on my death wizard Laura Raventalon before completed the crafting, and am also minus my badge, still have the eagle shield in my backpack and am unable to further my crafting. Sure hope they fix this soon. I am now working my life wizard Lauren EmeraldEyes through Azteca and I will most definately try to complete the eagle shield before finishing Azteca, I hope that it does not lock up on me like it did for my death and I do hope they fix it soon.
We have clearly stated that this will be addressed soonl

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/december2012#Details

All characters who have completed Xibalba and the Trancendent crafting quests now have both badges, and can now purchase Transcendent level recipes to further advance their crafting

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
We have clearly stated that this will be addressed soonl

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/december2012#Details

All characters who have completed Xibalba and the Trancendent crafting quests now have both badges, and can now purchase Transcendent level recipes to further advance their crafting
I am confused.

I thought Azteca was released, or are there further things in development? Professor, your clear statement is on a page titled "Test Realm Update Notes". I don't believe these people are refering to a test realm. The link to this page located in the update history box is also labeled "2012 Dec - Test Realm".

If they are referring to a test realm perhaps this thread belongs somewhere else?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
i to have just finished the eagle war shield crafting quest and it showed on screen transcended badge earned
but like all the rest of you i can not purchase any thing from the other vendors nor does the badge show in my badges and yes i to still have the thing in my back pack but the dude will not talk to me any more either this is very frustrating ....

Administrator
sparky36480 on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
i to have just finished the eagle war shield crafting quest and it showed on screen transcended badge earned
but like all the rest of you i can not purchase any thing from the other vendors nor does the badge show in my badges and yes i to still have the thing in my back pack but the dude will not talk to me any more either this is very frustrating ....
Yes, and once again, for the final time, we have addressed this in the Test Realm and the fix will be going to the Live Game before the end of the year.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
ok so i went to get the transmutate agave nectar from the vendor and was told i had to be a transcended crafter and i am a legendary crafter and i am not sure if i may have missed a crafting quest or something can someone please help me

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Madison7477 on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
ok so i went to get the transmutate agave nectar from the vendor and was told i had to be a transcended crafter and i am a legendary crafter and i am not sure if i may have missed a crafting quest or something can someone please help me
yes, the agave nectar transmute requires you to be a transcendent crafter.

i'm having the same issue as you, as i can't make the needed ingredients because i don't already have my trans crafter badge. it makes absolutely no sense, but it's not your fault~ you didn't miss anything; ki messed it up.

i love you, ki, but not happy about the crafting torture.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
some here. I am not sure how am I suppose to get the agave nectar without transmute :/. I have like 40 leaves not one single nectar lol.