Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should be given option to skip world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I don't want to rant or rave or anything like that. I just want to get on with it. Marleybone world is just plain annoying and dull. I have a storm character (main) at level 72. I walked away from this game for a long time while my character was at Marelybone. Thankfully one of my other online games I was playing was going through a lot of extended maintenance updates. Allowed me to give this game another shot between maintenance. WHAT A RELIEF it was to finally get to Mooshu and the other worlds after that.
I'm now levelling up other characters, and boy oh boy I really loathe doing Marleybone world. No matter how many times I do it. The nuisance rooftops with broken pathways resulted in sooo many and unecessary battles and wasting my evenings. These battles are not even worth anything except aggravations.

I would gladly pay some Crowns to auto skip this world altogether. Give the player 10% (or even zero %) experience of the main quests which will be treated as completed. Perhaps make it, as long as one character on the account has done it properly, then all subsequent characters have the option to skip the world.

Like I said, I don't want to criticize the world any more than I have. Since this world is never going to be fixed just give us the option to skip it.

I just want to get on with it. I don't want my time wasted with that world while levelling these other characters.

Administrator
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Completing Marleybone will make MooShu that much more enjoyable.
If you want to streamline your experience in Marleybone, avoid the side quests.

Vist our Fansite Wiki to determine which is a main line quest and which is a side quest.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I admit, marleybone is my least favorite world, its not because of the rooftops or broken pathways, but i just don't like it, it doesn't stop me from doing ALL the quests in the world. I do all quests in all worlds as long as i can. but asking to skip a world is against the point of the game, there is no shortcut to success it takes time to get a strong wizard, time and effort.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Well, even though many people don't like Marleybone, you still have to do it. I mean, I didn't enjoy it a lot, so I dropped out for while also.But when I got back to it, I just got over it. Yes, there are many unnecessary battles, but that's what made it fun. And it also helps leveling up.

Edward Bluegarden, level 41.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Its not going to be fun if you skip worlds. If you keep on skipping until you get to Azteca then you wont have enough practice and training to beat that world. I know marleybone kinda boring but once you get to mooshu you will be very happy because you are out of MB.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
MB is indeed very difficult. Every time I try to get across the rooftops I always duck back down or hide in a corner because an enemy is coming.I completed MB by bringing a (braver) friend and teleporting to him whenever he reached a destination. Of course,its not foolproof.I have to help my friend every time he gets into a battle but its great fun.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Marleybone was my least favorite world, until I on my second wizard second wizard (life) completed the world by myself, in less than 5 days! I started to enjoy Marleybone a little, and then on my Ice wizard I finished it in 3 days. I love MB and its atmosphere, it is kind of cool when you think about it. Sure, at times the fights might be a little longer and harder than the ones in Krokatopia, but overall Marleybone is actually pretty short.