Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death or Storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
So I was thinking about making another wizard and getting him to lvl 80. So I narrowed it down to death and storm. I am so stuck on which please tell me. Thanks

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
matthew7393 on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
So I was thinking about making another wizard and getting him to lvl 80. So I narrowed it down to death and storm. I am so stuck on which please tell me. Thanks
I would choose Death because you can self-heal and do not have a huge fizzle rate.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
It all depends - do you solo or group play?

Solo is much easier with Death altho I did have minor help with Malistaire and the Trial of Spheres, I mainly soloed with my death wizard though Zafaria.

Storm was a bit more work altho I have started another one to see how far I can make it with out help and so far am at Big Ben - the gear choices seem to have improved. Katz Lab was actually walk in park and I anticipated problems there.

By the time I made it to Zafaria with my 1st Storm picked up speed and I was plowing everything down solo with not much issues. Wintertusk was where I needed the most help with the cave fights.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Storm, although you have health and a bit higher fizzle, battles will be over more quickly. Secondary school to counter the health, i would suggest life.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Death, because you can heal yourself with your spells. And storm, has the least amount of life out of all the other schools, and the spells (I think) fizzle to much.

But what I suggest you should pick is ICE :)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, if you want storm for attack power then storm or fire is good.
But, if draining health and attacking is more your thing, then probably death.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
I would pick storm. It seams to be more powerful than death. But death allows you to take heath from foes and give it to youself. Try picking storm and let your secondery spells be death.Good luck!
nightmaremoon296

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
Hmm, a very hard choice. I am actually a Storm Wizard (lvl 83) and love it. The spells are strong and once you get the full Skyscream armor, you don't fizzle as much as usual. Death is my second favorite school and it can be a great soloing school. It is a little bit weak to me but oh well. It's like Death - Great soloing school but it's just a little weak to me or Storm - With strong power.