Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think DS to CL-AV was a big change?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
I remember those good days before celestia was out. Maximum was level 50 and everybody walked around being proud about who they were. There was no critical, no overpowered ice, even though they still have their resist, and no more people being like lifeguards. I kind of felt like I was playing a noram game.

Then celestia came out. It was a HUGE change from dragonspyre.

Average npcs have over 2,000 health, they are starting to critical, and using the new level 58 spells.

Then Zafaria started coming out, and it just escalated from there.

Everyone started calling friends to help them in battles, critical got bigger, ice got even more resist, and I think this was around the time where ice got immunity, or maybe in avalon. Bosses can have 7,000 health, like three times more health than you do, puppet teams started happening, and everyone was like, able to defeat Merle Ambrose or something.

Then now here we are with avalon, my life is now able to heal herself when she dies, death can now give a weakness 90%, and many more.

Do you think celestia was too big of a step from dragonspyre?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MirandaSkyWhisper1 on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
I remember those good days before celestia was out. Maximum was level 50 and everybody walked around being proud about who they were. There was no critical, no overpowered ice, even though they still have their resist, and no more people being like lifeguards. I kind of felt like I was playing a noram game.

Then celestia came out. It was a HUGE change from dragonspyre.

Average npcs have over 2,000 health, they are starting to critical, and using the new level 58 spells.

Then Zafaria started coming out, and it just escalated from there.

Everyone started calling friends to help them in battles, critical got bigger, ice got even more resist, and I think this was around the time where ice got immunity, or maybe in avalon. Bosses can have 7,000 health, like three times more health than you do, puppet teams started happening, and everyone was like, able to defeat Merle Ambrose or something.

Then now here we are with avalon, my life is now able to heal herself when she dies, death can now give a weakness 90%, and many more.

Do you think celestia was too big of a step from dragonspyre?
As a casual gamer, I agree that the jump in difficulty between DS/CL was staggering... Zaf and Avalon weren't as bad, but only because I was so used to it by that point that I stopped caring. LOL.

Avalon bosses, 7000 health? Most of them have at least 10K, if not more... I haven't fought Morganthe yet, but something tells me that I really, really don't want to know how much health she has/hours that will take, haha.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Azteca will then be a giant leap when it goes liive

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DS to AV is just plain crazy in terms of difficulty.

But we are gaining powers as well. Although i still think we could use a few things to make it a bit more fair. Like starting with more than 2 pips would be a good implementation for us. Ive seen enemies start with 8 pips so we should have the ability to get 4 pips starts.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I think it was a big change. And it narrowed your strategy into something that makes it boring. The mobs and bosses are so difficult that you really have to use your best strategy to succeed.
I loved critical when it came out. Well, when I obtained the level to get it.
Moving along in AV and things really become work. Mobs with 4k health and a defeat and collect. Yikes.
Toss in the switch from all around gear (WW or WT) and it really makes the game way more difficult.
Mainly because we need to increase our block, and the tradeoff is power pips and damage. So now you wait more rounds to throw to be able to block critical. I might just put my WW stuff back on to see how it works.
pods