Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Training Idea - Learning Talents

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It would make training less frustrating and more exciting if some of the potential talents your pet might learn became revealed throughout the training process.

Example:
Egg - you don't know anything
Baby - you don't know anything
Teen - one talent learned, three potential talents revealed
Adult - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Ancient - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Epic - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Mega - final pet talent learned

In this example once the pet reaches teen there are always three potential talents revealed that your pet might learn on the next level. Upon reaching the next level a talent is selected from the three potentials and one new potential is revealed.

This makes training less disappointing, and may increase the anticipation of gaining the pets next talent. Defintely makes training for Epic and Mega more fun. Its still a gamble, but not a blind gamble. It also makes training more 'realistic' because after spending so much time with your pet shouldn't you know its aptitudes?

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
RottenHeart on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
It would make training less frustrating and more exciting if some of the potential talents your pet might learn became revealed throughout the training process.

Example:
Egg - you don't know anything
Baby - you don't know anything
Teen - one talent learned, three potential talents revealed
Adult - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Ancient - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Epic - one more talent learned, another potential talent revealed
Mega - final pet talent learned

In this example once the pet reaches teen there are always three potential talents revealed that your pet might learn on the next level. Upon reaching the next level a talent is selected from the three potentials and one new potential is revealed.

This makes training less disappointing, and may increase the anticipation of gaining the pets next talent. Defintely makes training for Epic and Mega more fun. Its still a gamble, but not a blind gamble. It also makes training more 'realistic' because after spending so much time with your pet shouldn't you know its aptitudes?
I like this idea. I was OCD about bringing to epic but the new mega level put me off so bad that I'm only using megas gardened and dropped to train now except on the most promising pets and gold snacks when those run out. Instead of training them all to the top level or even the previous epic level that I had been, I'm training all to adult (and I'm using only free snacks now instead of buying megas and using only existing energy and not using an energy elixir) so that they'll be hatchable for looks if I or a friend so desires but I'm not training past adult if they don't have at least one good (in my book) talent. If at adult they don't have two, one of which is healing (spritely or unicorn), I'm not going on to epic. At epic, if they don't have three awesome talents, including both spritely and unicorn.