Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I catch Sentinels?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Can anyone give me advice on how to catch these stubborn fish? Lol. Everytime I fish for them I use the right lure and once it's underwater or hear a popping sound I press spacebar and it still gets away. I have nearly wasted all of my energy trying to catch these things Any tips?

Jonathan RoseCloud
"When we Pyromancers work together, all our flames burn more brighter" Ignus Ferric

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Zlyxer on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:
Can anyone give me advice on how to catch these stubborn fish? Lol. Everytime I fish for them I use the right lure and once it's underwater or hear a popping sound I press spacebar and it still gets away. I have nearly wasted all of my energy trying to catch these things Any tips?

Jonathan RoseCloud
"When we Pyromancers work together, all our flames burn more brighter" Ignus Ferric
The secret to catching sentinels is you can't wait for the pop like you do with normal fish. When you cast, keep your eye on the little spell indicator, not the fish or the lure... and try to keep track of the sentinel in your peripheral as it approaches the lure. They'll usually approach very quickly then hit the lure. You have to "invoke" the instant the indicator turns. If you wait for the pop it will never work.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Zlyxer on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:

Jonathan RoseCloud
What I've found, is that sentinels work differently than regular fish. If you wait for the "pop" sound to hit the space bar, you've already lost the fish. You have to hit the space bar BEFORE you hear the pop sound, when it looks like it's starting to circle the lure. It's not a guarantee even then, so try to find the best timing method for you