Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-15-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Whew, another week has just FLOWN by, and it's Friday again. So, let's pick a topic, shall we?

Every world of the Spiral has it's own story. You can find out a little more background by hunting down books, cave paintings, tomes, or other hidden artifacts to discover more about the world. This week, my question is - which world's artifacts tell the best story? Which one left you wanting to find out more?

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
Whew, another week has just FLOWN by, and it's Friday again. So, let's pick a topic, shall we?

Every world of the Spiral has it's own story. You can find out a little more background by hunting down books, cave paintings, tomes, or other hidden artifacts to discover more about the world. This week, my question is - which world's artifacts tell the best story? Which one left you wanting to find out more?

If I remember correctly (and it's been a while) I think the books gave the most details, which is what I really look for.

I wish there were world guides we met soon after arriving that we touched base with periodically who talked about the history and significant events and just fun "back-story" details. Trivia and whatnot.

Somewhere in the depths of the boards I asked for something that would allow the game creators to add in all the details and tid-bits that weren't deemed essential enough to be added to quest dialogues (so what players can know about). Library books that are optional reads? or little movie clips? portal encounters with teachers of the past & future who just tell us cool stuff?

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I always found the book hunting quests of Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre really interesting! It really brings a blast from the past.
Castle Darkmoor, on the other hand, is simply overrun by beautiful portraits and, may I say, very decorated interior!
Honestly, the world that I dislike because of this is Khrysalis. Because it is war torn and everything, you get to know nothing except of a little glimpse of the 'old times'

Overall, I pay a lot of attention to the game and every detail of the story and an area. It brings a mayor enjoyment and I suggest you do too!

Cody GhostEyes
Level 100, Exalted Sorcerer

'The passion of Fire, the chills of Ice, the aggression of Storm, the body of Death, the soul of Life and the mind of Myth all find crossroads and harmony in the universe of Balance'

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
I think the Wysteria history was kind of interesting. It was the only one I actually paid attention to instead of skipping dialogue during the book quest.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
best spiral artifacts I've found were the paintings of all the previsous duelists in the wyerm world. The ones I find most intriguing is the Malistare painting so vivid and knowledge of how to duel. As for the other worlds not much of artifacts had caught my attention to details.

need to be added to this world to show meaning of.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I think all of them leave a desire for more story info. The one thing that I think would be interesting to know more about is why the death school in wizard city is in a cave behind a water fall. Another big question is why does old cob and his children want to destroy the spiral. Why did old cob help restore the world he had been held prisoner in? If his goal was to restore things then why is he the bad guy but if his goal is to destroy the spiral then he is a bad guy. if his goal was to destroy the spiral then why did he approve of defeating Morgathe? The cave paintings about Polaris do not make a whole lot of sense unless the first of pictures was Malaster and the second was Morgathe then the third would be rat but Old Cob might be the third bad guy. If the rat wants to destroy the spiral then why is he not attacking the tree in wizard city? To destroy the spiral wouldn't the bad guys want to kill the tree that holds the spiral together? However they may not want to attack the tree openly in wizard city because of the number of wizards there that could be called on to defend the tree.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The obelisk orbs in Khrysalis. I know that the story it tells is a prophecy and "it would be telling" to go into more detail, but there was one line in the part that supposedly already happened that suggested that Raven and Spider were once friends. That interests me.

Hero
May 07, 2015

the orbs in that quest in that bug world (i cant spell the real names sorry)

miranda jade song level 71 pyromancer

P.S your a great fire professer!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Defiantly 100% the tapestries in Avalon! I would love to hear more about the history of Merle Ambrose and how he acquired all that knowledge, and became a spiral cup champion, and how he met Gamma.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Celestia, Avalon and Polaris are the best for me. I also liked Mooshu and Marleybone stories but I didn't feel them go in depth like the others. I'm always up to learn more about them.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Polaris is really cool, but short. Do you think one day you guys will go back and add some side quests or maybe even new side areas to that place? It'd be cool if you put an area behind the back gate of the Urville Station. Maybe like a new side quest dungeon.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
The Celestian zodiac for me will be one of the greatest. Just love that world so much (minus the underwater areas).

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Most definitely Celestia. It has such a distinct feel and architecture that I wished we learned more about the culture and went more in depth into the history. In terms of which had the best story, I just finished Zafaria, so I can't speak as to the rest of the Spiral, but Zafaria had a great storyline and history. I felt like you learned a little more about their culture too as opposed to other worlds.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Wizard City - Not much lore.
Krokotopia - Interesting, for sure, but it tells a complete story. Interesting but we don't have many questions afterwards.
Marleybone - I went through here years ago, so I can't remember. I think it was good but not in my favourite genres.
Mooshu - Like Krokotopia.
Dragonspyre - What happened? What were the schools? How did they trap the dragon? What went wrong? Who? What? When? Where? Why?
Celestia - I don't have a clue. Where were they from, who controlled the Storm Titan, what's the warring planet Morganthe took over?

I haven't gotten past CL yet, but You can clearly see the escalation with lore confusion. I suppose it's have to be CL at the moment. Very interesting and I'm very engrossed right now.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Wizard City - Not much lore.
Krokotopia - Interesting, for sure, but it tells a complete story. Interesting but we don't have many questions afterwards.
Marleybone - I went through here years ago, so I can't remember. I think it was good but not in my favourite genres.
Mooshu - Like Krokotopia.
Dragonspyre - What happened? What were the schools? How did they trap the dragon? What went wrong? Who? What? When? Where? Why?
Celestia - I don't have a clue. Where were they from, who controlled the Storm Titan, what's the warring planet Morganthe took over?

I haven't gotten past CL yet, but You can clearly see the escalation with lore confusion. I suppose it's have to be CL at the moment. Very interesting and I'm very engrossed right now.
the schools in DS were the same schools as WC. only fire remained and to a lesser extent the death school tree.

both the dragon and Storm titan were sleeping. much like the frost giant (Ymir)

Celestia was not so much a history but more on the lines of an astrological system. the warring planet/island is a mystery.

Avalon and Zafaria were not so much a history of that world but what was the prelude to the story quest.

Azteca has a great prelude to the story quest and actually has a history of the world and to a lesser extent the spiral.
(wish they make the wizard fix what happens at the end of the story quest. scenario is annoying to visit once it is complete.)

Khrysalis is more of a prelude to WHAT is to come for the third arc.

Polaris as far as I know has nothing

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I wish there were wikia entries for all the lores that include all the text. I'd like to be able to go back and reread them after I'm done with a world.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I would have to say Krhysalis because it had such deep history into the beginning to of the spiral and it was so detailed and just really interesting to read and find out about. Mostly the Grand Prophecy.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Honestly I'd like to find more out about Dragonspyre. I haven't come across anything that told of what happened between the world and the Dragon Titan.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
For me, there was 3 worlds that stood out the most...

Krokotopia
Grizzleheim
Avalon

In Krok, all the obelisks and books did a great job telling world history. But, as I am a mythology geek, the hieroglyphs and other subtle representations of real life items told even more of the world.

In Grizzleheim, the runes and books also told the story very nicely. Even those the names aren't "artifacts," they referenced Norse mythology which also helped me gain better knowledge of what was happening.

Avalon was straight forward with the story and was probably the best written. Everything in Avalon told the story.

Cheyenne Caster, Nordic Champion (yes the blogger)
Level 83 Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Goober989 on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Honestly I'd like to find more out about Dragonspyre. I haven't come across anything that told of what happened between the world and the Dragon Titan.
Well I will tell you what I know of anyways. When the Headmaster of Dragonspyre Academy summoned the Dragon Titan the Dragon came with it's own army starting a war. That war then destroyed Dragonspyre and the Dragon titan now rests on top of Dragonspyre in the Crown of Fire the dungeon where you fight Malistare. Sorry if I got anything wrong but I don't think I did.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
If I remember correctly (and it's been a while) I think the books gave the most details, which is what I really look for.

I wish there were world guides we met soon after arriving that we touched base with periodically who talked about the history and significant events and just fun "back-story" details. Trivia and whatnot.

Somewhere in the depths of the boards I asked for something that would allow the game creators to add in all the details and tid-bits that weren't deemed essential enough to be added to quest dialogues (so what players can know about). Library books that are optional reads? or little movie clips? portal encounters with teachers of the past & future who just tell us cool stuff?
sry - I JUST finished Azteca & saw the Z-stone history and then reported to the King in Avalon and saw the Avalon tapestry there (was that always there? if so I missed it when I finished Avalon.)

These two are far and away my favorite way of experiencing back story. Drama, music, voice over & brilliant pictures. Lots of details, too - though as always I'd wish for such detailed and illustrated versions - but much more frequently and regarding more than just world or Spiral histories.

Diaries of major or extra interesting characters.
Area myths & tales.
Gossip & Rumors to be investigated :D
Legends & myth-busting OR proving

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback everyone. A new topic shall be posted shortly! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea