Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
So my friend wants to make a wizard101 character and he asked me "what is the best school"? and this something i haven't really thought of this topic and i rounded up all the negative things about every school and benefits for instance how storm deals a lot of damage. so i need a help making a choice. what do you guys think is the best school?
Nicole blue level 32

Survivor
Mar 27, 2015
depends how you look at it if your friend wants to do damage would be storm.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
You know, it's hard to say what school would be best for a person. Everyone sees different schools the best. I see the best school to be , but you'll probably say that it's weak and stuff. Everyone is different, so that's why the personality test at the beggining of the game is the best choice for your question.

Fiona Dreamer

And hasn't there been enough topics where people literally "scream" at each other telling what school is the best? Every single school is the best! Can everyone agree that people see best schools in different ways?

Survivor
Dec 06, 2015
Depends on a lot of things (fighting style, playing solo or with friends, etc.) I prefer personally, but a lot of people like since you can do damage & heal at the same time.

Diana Rose

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
If your friend likes doing higher damage, the schools i would suggest are Death, Fire, and storm. With that being said, Storm will have an awful time going through the early parts of the game with the low health and accuracy. Fire has more health and accuracy but focuses on DOTs (Damage over time). Death is one of the best schools to solo with and death has a 40% blade unlike fire and storm. Death also has no problem healing itself with drains, while casting debuffs on opponents. The big thing about choosing a class is that the issues presented with each one is a problem for the rest of the game (Depending on gear, pets and future updates), so ask him what he would rather be a big hitter that is easier to defeat, a good hitter that does most if its damage overtime, or a school that can do almost anything, but be almost unhelpful in team fights (if the team has a hitter, tank, and healer/support).