Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard's Crest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Hello one and all, I recently had an idea that donned on me a week or so back and thought over it for a bit before making this message, basically each wizard has a minion spell, yes we know they exsist and yes we know we maybe used them once....then stopped all together, they have presets and when you can do the job just fine yourself in later levels they become that thing you eventually get and ignore, but what if you had a minion you can summon into battle at the very start that could be customized and leveled? Allow me to explain teh wizard's crest then!

The Wizard's Crest is an equipable item you create that allows you to make a specialized minion of your own, for starters a myth variant of this would be the Conjurer's Crest and so on and so forth. Each crest is unique in its own way and built to your liking, you decide if you want the minion to be more of a defender or healer or if you want it to be an attacker you decided what general spell pools you want (although the spells would be selected at random to help balance things out) and depending on the ingredients you collect, will determine the type it becomes. And just like pets these special minions can be leveled up, gaining new stats and abilities as they level.

the level requirement for the quest to obtain your very own crest would float around potentially 20ish-30ish and as far as the quest name I was thinking something along the lines of "Wizard's Little Helper", a quest given to you by Merle Ambrose, he would tell you to visit the new crest crafter in town and learn about crests and how they would benefit you in battle.

Also I do know stuff like this has a slim chance of actually making it into the game but overall I would find it as a useful and fun concept especially for those who want to do things specifically on their own with no interruption, and you dont need to use the crest, if its not equipped the special minion wont spawn at the start of battle.

Hero
May 07, 2015
flamelance on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
Hello one and all, I recently had an idea that donned on me a week or so back and thought over it for a bit before making this message, basically each wizard has a minion spell, yes we know they exsist and yes we know we maybe used them once....then stopped all together, they have presets and when you can do the job just fine yourself in later levels they become that thing you eventually get and ignore, but what if you had a minion you can summon into battle at the very start that could be customized and leveled? Allow me to explain teh wizard's crest then!

The Wizard's Crest is an equipable item you create that allows you to make a specialized minion of your own, for starters a myth variant of this would be the Conjurer's Crest and so on and so forth. Each crest is unique in its own way and built to your liking, you decide if you want the minion to be more of a defender or healer or if you want it to be an attacker you decided what general spell pools you want (although the spells would be selected at random to help balance things out) and depending on the ingredients you collect, will determine the type it becomes. And just like pets these special minions can be leveled up, gaining new stats and abilities as they level.

the level requirement for the quest to obtain your very own crest would float around potentially 20ish-30ish and as far as the quest name I was thinking something along the lines of "Wizard's Little Helper", a quest given to you by Merle Ambrose, he would tell you to visit the new crest crafter in town and learn about crests and how they would benefit you in battle.

Also I do know stuff like this has a slim chance of actually making it into the game but overall I would find it as a useful and fun concept especially for those who want to do things specifically on their own with no interruption, and you dont need to use the crest, if its not equipped the special minion wont spawn at the start of battle.
make it level 50-100 and it sounds awesome :)

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
sun girl1122 on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
make it level 50-100 and it sounds awesome :)
yeah thinking on it, it would make a good addition to people just getting into celestia or zafaria, because by then you have access to a lot more with crafting (not saying dragonspyre doesnt have a way of getting gold and the like)

Hero
May 07, 2015
flamelance on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
yeah thinking on it, it would make a good addition to people just getting into celestia or zafaria, because by then you have access to a lot more with crafting (not saying dragonspyre doesnt have a way of getting gold and the like)
ok thanks :)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Don't bother, at least until minions actually become useful.