Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Makes Wizards more Unique

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Really pretty much all fire wizards are the same as eachother, all death are the same as one another and so on. There is no real feeling of any sort of customization in the character development. I would love to see some changes come that will allow each wizard to have a personal touch in their own characters development. This could come in many forms. A few below are just examples of what could help create a path to more unique wizards.

1. The obvious one is the more traditional MMo talent trees where every so many levels you pick a perk unique to your wizard.

2. Quest lines which allow wizards to choose between two or three different spells these spells will in a way be that wizards signature. Each spell would need to fill so sort of niche within the school. For example ice could choose between AoE + massive AoE taunt. Single Target + Large Shield, or AoE + AoE stun. While something like death could choose between, AoE + AoE infection, Single Target + Juju, or single target + life drain.

3. Allow wizard to pick up a second school and the two schools would share pips/and damage resource/crit/critblock resource chosen by which of the two has the highest numbers. The secondary school would get all the spells minus the 2 most recent.

4. Create a crafting system which would allow us to weave our own spells by combining two spells together to get a new spell effect. Allow only each deck to have only 2 weaved spells at any given time. Weaved spells would use the current animations but add new effects to the spell depending on what they choose to weave together. Example. Heck Hound + Meteor would turn the new Meteor spell into a AoE DoT that is a Xpip cost.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
LittleSeanCarter on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:
Really pretty much all fire wizards are the same as eachother, all death are the same as one another and so on. There is no real feeling of any sort of customization in the character development. I would love to see some changes come that will allow each wizard to have a personal touch in their own characters development. This could come in many forms. A few below are just examples of what could help create a path to more unique wizards.

1. The obvious one is the more traditional MMo talent trees where every so many levels you pick a perk unique to your wizard.

2. Quest lines which allow wizards to choose between two or three different spells these spells will in a way be that wizards signature. Each spell would need to fill so sort of niche within the school. For example ice could choose between AoE + massive AoE taunt. Single Target + Large Shield, or AoE + AoE stun. While something like death could choose between, AoE + AoE infection, Single Target + Juju, or single target + life drain.

3. Allow wizard to pick up a second school and the two schools would share pips/and damage resource/crit/critblock resource chosen by which of the two has the highest numbers. The secondary school would get all the spells minus the 2 most recent.

4. Create a crafting system which would allow us to weave our own spells by combining two spells together to get a new spell effect. Allow only each deck to have only 2 weaved spells at any given time. Weaved spells would use the current animations but add new effects to the spell depending on what they choose to weave together. Example. Heck Hound + Meteor would turn the new Meteor spell into a AoE DoT that is a Xpip cost.
actually I like the current system where everyone in the class gets full access to all skills. as for allowing customization, yes I agree it would be nice, but doing a skill tree to me doesn't fit the game model. what I would suggest and is something I have suggested before: spell morphing. this idea is based on how eso does their skills where you use the skill for so long you can choose a special effect that changes the overall effective use of the skill in some way. an example of this would is siphon nightblades have an aoe skill called drain power that boosts weapon power by 20% for x seconds. they can choose to morph it to hit 3 additional enemies at full power or choose for it to gain a aoe heal that increases per enemy hit. as you can see that change changes the strategy used by the nightblade based on their choice. I suggest something similar to that. where after a player casts a skill 1000 times in battle in which they are victorious, they can choose to add a special side effect (none that add damage) to the skill to allow customization and gear it to their chosen desired play tactics. I suggest 1000 so yes it is a grind, its not something you will get in a week of casual playing. its something earned and simulates the ideal that practice makes perfect. also I feel anything shorter would make it too easy to grind out and this will force people to choose which ones they work on adding effects to.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I totally approve of these changes. I've always wanted more unique character development but wasn't sure how to bring it up on the message boards. I really hope this gets attention.

-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thuamaturge

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
LittleSeanCarter on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:

1) I agree.

2) Waaay too complex. I support the first idea because an extra 7 spells every 10 levels won't be the hardest thing to add; but this a bit much.

3) Mastery Amulets. I needn't add more.

4) I have mixed feelings about this, I'm somewhere between my reaction to 1 & 2. Waaay too much, but would also be cool.

What I'd like is an expanded colour palette (there's been massive posts about guys getting pink), more dyeable items, or every item that can currently be dyed, has access to all colours. What I mean is in the bazaar you can find some universal gear and go creatively crazy. But choose some ice gear and the game is like 'WHITE & BLUE AND NOTHING ELSE'. I get they're the school colours, but some more freedom would be appreciated.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
1) I agree.

2) Waaay too complex. I support the first idea because an extra 7 spells every 10 levels won't be the hardest thing to add; but this a bit much.

3) Mastery Amulets. I needn't add more.

4) I have mixed feelings about this, I'm somewhere between my reaction to 1 & 2. Waaay too much, but would also be cool.

What I'd like is an expanded colour palette (there's been massive posts about guys getting pink), more dyeable items, or every item that can currently be dyed, has access to all colours. What I mean is in the bazaar you can find some universal gear and go creatively crazy. But choose some ice gear and the game is like 'WHITE & BLUE AND NOTHING ELSE'. I get they're the school colours, but some more freedom would be appreciated.
Mastery Amulets are not exactly the same as number 3. Mastery Amulets only allow the sharing of powerpips and after dragonspyre they start to become pretty useless.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
LittleSeanCarter on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
Mastery Amulets are not exactly the same as number 3. Mastery Amulets only allow the sharing of powerpips and after dragonspyre they start to become pretty useless.
As far as learning almost all spells from another school ruins the aspect of choosing a different school for another character. I mean, what's the point in having more than 4 wizards with this implemented? And I'm in Celestia pretty much living on my Myth Mastery right now, so it's a bit further on than DS (Ra & Nova just take too much time to wait for when I can just Gargantuan+Humongofrog).