Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polaris and Crowns Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
I contacted support a second time and was told to use the forums as it is the best way to share the issues. Here is the email I sent:

I recently requested help because I bought $25 worth of crowns for Wizard101's new world Polaris and had to return to past worlds, meaning I needed to buy more (I used memberships for the past worlds). This is because I kept the amount of crowns needed for Polaris and spent the rest in advance (which could've been a bad decision but I shouldn't have been punished for it). I received a reply stating that I cannot receive compensation for this issue and misunderstanding as Wizard101 is a sequential game play, much like reading a chapter book.

However, chapter books do not require you to go back to past chapters, if pages of my past chapters ripped out, I would still be able to go on.

I was told to either buy a membership, or more crowns, but I think that isn't at all fair that I should have to pay more money for the last chunk of the most recent world, and that everyone who buys crowns to Pay-by-Area should be informed in advance that worlds require you to go back to past worlds.

Since I am now stuck and refuse to pay even more money than I should for a small bit of a world, I strongly believe that I should receive means of getting into any other areas after the Arcanum and Caliburn (whether it be enough crowns, or a month membership, etc.), as those are the last 2 areas I purchased before running out. I hope KingsIsle support can understand and resolve the issue, as this is an issue that nobody should have to encounter, and to me it looks like a way to trick customers. I have been playing this game for many years now, this is one of those things that ruins the momentum. At the least, KingsIsle should inform it's customers before making a purchase that it is best to stick to a single paying plan for the entire game, rather than use memberships and Pay-by-Area with crowns.

Thanks for reading.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
The simple solution is to pick one or the other, not switch mid-game.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Anil235 on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
The simple solution is to pick one or the other, not switch mid-game.
Agreed, but I learned that the hard way. I think they should update the website to recommend picking one or the other so this never happens again.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
I'd really appreciate this being viewed by an admin.

Thanks.

Administrator
Agagorn5 on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
I'd really appreciate this being viewed by an admin.

Thanks.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I've passed it along.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I've passed it along.
Thank you!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
So what now, Professor Greyrose? Is there some sort of 'verdict' on whether I get compensation or not? I would really like to finish the parts after the Arcanum without having to buy more. After all, this misunderstanding is (in my opinion) KingsIsle's fault. I literally have 1 level left until max, the game is teasing me.

Administrator
Agagorn5 on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
So what now, Professor Greyrose? Is there some sort of 'verdict' on whether I get compensation or not? I would really like to finish the parts after the Arcanum without having to buy more. After all, this misunderstanding is (in my opinion) KingsIsle's fault. I literally have 1 level left until max, the game is teasing me.
Customer support already answered this question for you, as you stated above. You'll either need to purchase the areas you need to visit using crowns or purchase a membership.

I understand your disappointment and have passed along your feedback. But this is not a guarantee that anything will change with the current requirements to progress through Polaris.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Dec 21, 2015 wrote:
Customer support already answered this question for you, as you stated above. You'll either need to purchase the areas you need to visit using crowns or purchase a membership.

I understand your disappointment and have passed along your feedback. But this is not a guarantee that anything will change with the current requirements to progress through Polaris.
Alright, thanks. I guess some things just never go your way.