Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot Install Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Due to the recent plague of 141 errors, I uninstalled Wizard101 from one of my computers. Due to community assistance, I was able to find a work around on the error 141 issue on the computer that still had Wizard101 installed. I wanted to let you know it is impossible for me to download a fresh install on the other computer. The following errors are given when attempting to download a fresh install from https://www.wizard101.com/game/how-to-download (the "I have not played!" / green "Play Now!" button)

1.) The link works to start the download, but while the installer is up it reports it is "unable to find the Wizard101 patch client. Try uninstalling then reinstalling Wizard101."

2.) A second window pops up indicating that, "the setup has detected that no version of Wizard101 is installed. The specified command-line options require that the application be installed to continue. The setup will no terminate."

Obviously there are issues with a pop up telling you that Wizard101 is not installed on your computer, when that is exactly what you are trying to do.

Administrator