Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-04-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hiya Wizards! Just like that, it's Friday again, so let's get a new topic of discussion going, shall we?

It's the most wonderful time of the year (besides the sunny summer days, that is)! That's right, today starts the 12 days of the Spiral and the celebration of winter holidays! Today, I'd like to ask this - what is your favorite holiday tradition in the Spiral? Dashing about on a candy cane mount? Using the Krampus spell to punish naughty monsters? Donning a certain outfit? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
My fave holiday by far is Halloween. I LOVE decorating, I love the little side quests - I especially love the whole Nosferabbit quest. It makes me laugh every time.

I was SO happy to see Spider Web Wallpaper and those adorable area rugs: the Halloween Mat, Cobweb Rugs and the Jack O' Rug. They are wonderful. My 2 Death Wizards (on separate accounts) keep Halloween properties going all year round, so they added delightfully to the decor.

I was VERY disappointed in the Halloween packs this year and I wrote to KI and told them so. I bought dozens of them - I save up all year to invest in Halloween packs. Not for gear, which is sub-standard, but for decor, pets and mounts. I did not get ONE perm mount in about 25 packs on each account. I did, however, get at least 3 rental mounts in almost EVERY pack. REALLY? For real money? I'm sorry, but rental mounts should NOT be in crown packs, nor should items that you can go right into a store in the Spiral and buy for gold. A Scorched Tree from DS? Do you know how many of them were in those packs? I didn't even score a single Jack O' Lantern. The only thing I got was the Winged Catastrophe pet which is beautiful.

It was a BOMB and I will not purchase a single Yule pack this year because of it. Once burned, twice shy.

That said, I will be happy to see Halloween again in the Spiral next year. I hope KI fixes those packs! More decor, more permanent mounts, more pets and more items that you CANNOT buy for gold in game.

Happy Wizarding!
Suzanne

Historian
May 15, 2009
Christmas.
it's not about the toys or games. I love snow. I love Christmas lights and love allt he decorations that go up in game when Christmas starts

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
my favorite thing to do on holidays in the spiral is see how it is decorated.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
My favorite thing is the holiday themed spell. Krampus? Awesome. I only wish there were more spells like that for the other schools. That's the real magic of this season to me. But of course holiday pets too. Always love Christmas pets.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
I haven't started a tradition yet so I guess I'll plant a ton of snowy plants (evil snow peas, etc) and then place all my Yuletide / christmas castle items around them and do a giant harvest later in December! -Matthew Swiftflame, Lv. 26 Wizard

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
My favorite, of course, would be all the free stuff but most of all I look forward to the Winterland Packs that are in the crown store I look forward to them to get the ice skates for the rest of my wizards.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
In the promotion of packs it says a chance of getting something very desirable like the nutcracker pet but I have bought hundreds of packs over the years and never gotten this pet. It is unreasonable to say that a player has a chance of getting something like that if it requires buying a million packs. How about making it possible to actually get the items in the promotions. I looked up the list of what might be gotten in a yuletide pack that's like some where around two hundred possible items and I can see why some items never appear even if someone were to buy a million packs. Having that many items that are randomly chosen 7 times makes it very remote odds of getting any one thing that is not common. I think some of these packs need to have the number of items that could be gotten divided in half and turned into two packs or something to improve the odds.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
i like the fact that you can have a big tree covered in snow and you blend in with the crowd.... and that everyone is begging for yutedel packs! i also like the milk and cookies

mr blueheart lvl 110! take that novices who think they're so good

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
My most favorite holiday tradition is later on the closest days until Christmas when most wizards are having little parties and gifting each other it's just the thought of everyone getting together. I also love it when the winter wonderland pack comes out then people can show off the ice skates mounts and it's awesome to enjoy.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I'm a huge fan of the Halloween event and the winter holiday event. I like that Halloween has special bosses and quests. I love the seasonal packs and mounts. 12 days is so much fun and I've recently gotten into the charity mounts. Bought my first one last year and am excited for this year's.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
heather amboo on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
In the promotion of packs it says a chance of getting something very desirable like the nutcracker pet but I have bought hundreds of packs over the years and never gotten this pet. It is unreasonable to say that a player has a chance of getting something like that if it requires buying a million packs. How about making it possible to actually get the items in the promotions. I looked up the list of what might be gotten in a yuletide pack that's like some where around two hundred possible items and I can see why some items never appear even if someone were to buy a million packs. Having that many items that are randomly chosen 7 times makes it very remote odds of getting any one thing that is not common. I think some of these packs need to have the number of items that could be gotten divided in half and turned into two packs or something to improve the odds.
There is a chance of winning yes, and some luck is involved. I have several of these pets but do agree that halving the possible drops would offer a much better chance of winning something more worthwhile.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Professor Falmea on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
Hiya Wizards! Just like that, it's Friday again, so let's get a new topic of discussion going, shall we?

It's the most wonderful time of the year (besides the sunny summer days, that is)! That's right, today starts the 12 days of the Spiral and the celebration of winter holidays! Today, I'd like to ask this - what is your favorite holiday tradition in the Spiral? Dashing about on a candy cane mount? Using the Krampus spell to punish naughty monsters? Donning a certain outfit? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hi,

I love the happiness of everybody. It's the time of year to celebrate by showing our love for one another! That's my favorite part!

I just... well, like to make the Spiral magical!

~ Ali

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Christmas by far. Let's list the things.

12 days of the spiral,KI live (sometimes),contests,decorations special drops and vendors.Halloween will beat christmas soon though if they don't add an instance but yes christmas.

Dakota Dawnheart lvl 53

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Hatch-a-thons where we all dress up in santa clothes and stand around in the hatchery giving out hatches to the first person to come up to us and ask.

I think of all the crowns I've blown through gifting everyone on my friends list a pack, or a Happy Holidaisy seed; all the times spent yukking it up in mirror lake farming for yuletide gear and fish tanks (hi Sean), all the housing tours Christmas Lanes and the special mounts and the buy-me sales and the decorations, but nahhh.

Real christmas is when you give something that no amount of crowns can buy - your friendship and help with the one truly customizable and eternal piece of gear in the game, your pet.

You might spend a year grinding up a SPUDF leaf foot or a max stat ward pet rock or quad damage storm hound or feeb shatter mantle myth imp. There's no pack, no bundle, no sale where you can buy one ready-made. The only way to get one is to hatch with someone who already has one. Well, if you're starting out with a piggle or a cyclops, it will be a LONG time before someone will give you a hatch. That's why we're there, because we all started with about the same thing, and somewhere someone gave us a hand up.

(PS if anyone actually has a quad damage storm hound, let me know )

Survivor
May 23, 2010
My favorite thing is watching everybody run past me in the commons after buying their new Christmas pets. It's almost like they want to show them off, haha! It's amazing, isn't it!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I love the "Twelve Days of the Spiral," thank you very much. I also love to see all the people running around in Santa outfits. I usually take my Christmas items out of my attic and decorate my houses (art imitates life).

I was wondering if there might ever be a special Christmas dungeon (ala Nosferabbit) where we battle Krampus or another evil doer?

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
heather amboo on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
had bought over 250 packs at one time til i finally got a nutcracker pet.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
EmmalineWillowsong on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
I love the "Twelve Days of the Spiral," thank you very much. I also love to see all the people running around in Santa outfits. I usually take my Christmas items out of my attic and decorate my houses (art imitates life).

I was wondering if there might ever be a special Christmas dungeon (ala Nosferabbit) where we battle Krampus or another evil doer?

Thanks again and happy holidays!
I wouldn't want to fight Krampus. Like Professor Falmea said, he is there to punish naughty monsters. In real folklore, they are companions of Saint Nicholas (in German, Sankt Nikolaus), and will accompany him on his journey to the doorsteps of children. If the child was good, they would receive presents in their boots. If they were bad, however, Krampus would place switches into their boots. Of course, original folklore said that Krampus would come and beat the children, and sometimes, even throw them into a lake if they were bad enough!
I could see a dungeon concerning him if he was somehow enchanted to believe that our wizard was the bad one. That could possibly work.

Now, to respond to the original prompt!
My favourite holiday must be either Halloween or Christmas. Halloween is done very well by KingsIsle every year, and it's something I do look forward to. The pets and gear that come out of it look amazing.
But I like the decorations around the Commons much more during Christmas time. Also, one of my favourite seasonal mounts happens to be the Charity Chrismoose, which is oh so fun for me to pull out each and every year when the time draws near (I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it). I would also be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy the 12 Days of Christmas.
But it is far too hard to choose between the two holidays, as they are both wonderfully crafted and executed by the staff at KingsIsle.

Best of luck!

Shannon Skybreaker

Administrator
Thanks for the insight into your favorite holiday traditions, Wizards! A new Feedback Friday shall be appearing shortly! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea