Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Portable devices that will play Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Hello all,

I am shopping for a portable device to use when traveling that will hold Wizard101. As it will be mostly used in a hotel room or similar I will have room for a mouse to use so fat finger syndrome shouldn't be a problem. :) Just looking for something lightweight and easy to toss in a carry-on bag. If I have to get a laptop I will, but thought I'd check to see if any tablet-type devices would work.

I am aware of system requirements(below); just hoping to streamline my search and see if anyone out there currently uses a tablet or small laptop that they would recommend.

Thank you!

For Windows Users
Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows XP or newer versions
DirectX: 9.0c or newer
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent (standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Kareena80 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Hello all,

I am shopping for a portable device to use when traveling that will hold Wizard101. As it will be mostly used in a hotel room or similar I will have room for a mouse to use so fat finger syndrome shouldn't be a problem. :) Just looking for something lightweight and easy to toss in a carry-on bag. If I have to get a laptop I will, but thought I'd check to see if any tablet-type devices would work.

I am aware of system requirements(below); just hoping to streamline my search and see if anyone out there currently uses a tablet or small laptop that they would recommend.

Thank you!

For Windows Users
Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows XP or newer versions
DirectX: 9.0c or newer
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent (standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes
Only Windows and Macs will run Wizard101.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
Well, you could always get a Windows Surface Pro 3. It's not exactly a tablet, it functions more like a laptop, but it has a touch screen and is tablet sized (slightly larger but small in comparison to a laptop).

You can download wizard101 on it and it will play just fine. I know mine doesn't have any problems with it. Good luck, I hope I was helpful.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Juligoldy on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Well, you could always get a Windows Surface Pro 3. It's not exactly a tablet, it functions more like a laptop, but it has a touch screen and is tablet sized (slightly larger but small in comparison to a laptop).

You can download wizard101 on it and it will play just fine. I know mine doesn't have any problems with it. Good luck, I hope I was helpful.
I've been wondering how it would work on a Surface. No issues?

I use a Lenovo Yoga 2, which is a pretty thin Ultrabook; the 11' would be slightly larger than the average tablet. It's a full laptop, but it folds completely flat like a tablet or can be used as an easel. Sony has their own version, the only reason I chose the Lenovo is my own lack of grace. The Lenovo seemed sturdier, the Sony sleeker and more fragile.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
PaigeGoldenspear on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
I've been wondering how it would work on a Surface. No issues?

I use a Lenovo Yoga 2, which is a pretty thin Ultrabook; the 11' would be slightly larger than the average tablet. It's a full laptop, but it folds completely flat like a tablet or can be used as an easel. Sony has their own version, the only reason I chose the Lenovo is my own lack of grace. The Lenovo seemed sturdier, the Sony sleeker and more fragile.
Personally I have not yet had a problem with my surface pro playing wizard101. Does the game not work on your Lenovo? I have never actually had one, but as a full laptop it should work. Maybe at this point call tech support? Maybe they could help out.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Juligoldy on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
Personally I have not yet had a problem with my surface pro playing wizard101. Does the game not work on your Lenovo? I have never actually had one, but as a full laptop it should work. Maybe at this point call tech support? Maybe they could help out.
Oh no, not at all, it works fine, I just meant that if the Surface Pro 3 had been available when I bought the Yoga I might have bought a Surface. We use them for work - some of us have desktops as well due to job description, but anyone in the field is Surface only and I LOVE it.

I just don't want to spend $1200 when I have a two-year-old $1300 perfectly fine laptop.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I have a Lenovo thinkpad that is about 5 years old. The game runs great on it!