Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finishing the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
Hey, everybody! i just wanted to ask some of you wizards who have already finished game- how long did it take you exactly? i've been reading about and it seems that it's more than a year, and i don't want to pay more than i already did - 2 bundles and year membership - so how long is it?

Fiona Dreamer lvl 24
Amber UnicornGarden lvl 3

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Hi AnonymousTruth1854,

Since you're level 24, and I assume you're in krokotopia or marleybone at this point in the storyline, I'd like to help give you an answer to your question. So, as you may or may not know, recently, the new world, Polaris came onto the live realms not too long ago. This marks the 11th world that has been released. (not counting side worlds like Grizzleheim, or Wysteria). Each world takes a different amount of time, based on your pace throughout questing. I'll say that Marleybone-Dragonspyre, which is the first arc of worlds in the game, can easily take 1-2 days of questing if you don't do side quests.Then, you would start the second arc of worlds, which starts with Celestia. Starting with Celestia, each world has unique areas with a whole story to themselves, which may seem to take forever, but it's not that bad if you think about it. I would say that Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, and Khrysalis would take you around a month or two, (depending on your pace, some people it can take a week), and then the world that was just released, Polaris, is a very short and sweet first world of the third arc. Anybody can finish Polaris within 1-2 days. So, to finish the game, (without farming for gear keep in mind), would take approximately 1-2 months. I hope I helped, if anybody else would like to correct me on anything, feel free!

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
It depends. Everyone is different. Personally, it took my storm wizard 2 years, but that was only because I took huge breaks, and I usually take longer to finish worlds. It really depends on how much time you have, how much you play, and how difficult the worlds are to you.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Depends, My friend finished it in 2 weeks because he was in hospital and had nothing to do so he made an ice wizard which is no 110 so it really depends on what you do, main quest all the time or sides and chill in the commons.

Wolf mythsword110

also i can use my max level to hep you finish a couple worlds and get you to level 45 :D

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
AnonymousTruth1854 on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
Hey, everybody! i just wanted to ask some of you wizards who have already finished game- how long did it take you exactly? i've been reading about and it seems that it's more than a year, and i don't want to pay more than i already did - 2 bundles and year membership - so how long is it?

Fiona Dreamer lvl 24
Amber UnicornGarden lvl 3
I've seen people who claim to have completed the game in a matter of weeks... others, not so much. A lot depends on what you consider "finished". My first wizard is coming up on a two tear anniversary... and is almost done with Khrysalis. But I do EVERY side quest and try to get EVERY badge so my progress is not a gage for everyone. I also have five other wizards and I tend to switch around, so progress on any one wizard might be static for extended periods. This isn't really a "play it, beat it, move on" kind of game but more of an open-ended adventure.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
Thanks for the help, and by your calculations, Balanced life, i think it'l take me more than a few months, with my " i get bored very quickly in one area" thing. Still, thank you!

Now a lvl 27 Marleybone quester Fiona Dreamer

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
Some people enjoy taking their time to quest and level. If you are one of those, it may take you longer if you enjoy questing, a few months per wizard probably if you are soloing, less if you have some dedicated friends that are willing to help you. I myself have already read most of the story line and enjoy getting done with it as quickly as possible so I can go farm with my friends and help other people at lower levels. With help from friends and sticking to the main quest line, it took me about a month or a little more to level up each wizard. I also spend a lot of my spare time playing because it relaxes me, so it really depends how much time you want to put in as well. Hope this helped.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
It look me a month or two to get from wizard city to Azteca. The other two worlds took me around 12 hours each to do. They were fairly short in my opinion

- Wolf WaterHaven Level 110

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
i have been playing for almost 5 years and i still have not finished the game. I am almost done with aszteca