Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Safely Removing Socketted Jewels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
I'm sure the subject has been brought up several times but why not? Why not charge say 100 crowns per jewel to be removed and allow them to be re used and not shattered? Some of the Defense Opals and stronger higher level jewels are very difficult to get just once. It's disappointed you have to find, farm or just get plain lucky again when you wish to upgrade your equipment. So 100 crowns or maybe introduce a new item that can be farmed from the special dungeons that allows the safe removal of jewels.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
ZombBone on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I'm sure the subject has been brought up several times but why not? Why not charge say 100 crowns per jewel to be removed and allow them to be re used and not shattered? Some of the Defense Opals and stronger higher level jewels are very difficult to get just once. It's disappointed you have to find, farm or just get plain lucky again when you wish to upgrade your equipment. So 100 crowns or maybe introduce a new item that can be farmed from the special dungeons that allows the safe removal of jewels.
Yes i agree with you shatter need to be remove from jewel socket getting jewels are hard to come by these days and i rather keep them forever rather then shatter it.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
I never quite understood why we had to shatter jewels to place items in shared banks if we could put item and jewels in seperatly.I dont mind shattering a jewel to replace it with a better of different one though. Perhaps Ki could look at making jewels removable but not tradeable as some sort of compromise? It is frustrating mostly with pets if my wizard has a pet with a jewel I crafted if I simply wish to move the pet to hatch it i have to shatter the jewel why? But I can place a pet without a jewel and the same jewel in shared bank seperatley it really doesnt make sense.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
great idea and catchey title for being specific about keeping the jewels we added on a weapon.