Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical blocking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
How does one critical while playing the game, and how does one block? All of my critical blockings are over 110
but when anyone criticals me my player does not block. Also my player has a 160 plus critical rating and he never
criticals anyone. Even my henchmen critical or block and I can not. Is there something wrong with my player or
is there a button to push to block or critical during the game. Also how can I get more points for my player
without losing what damage and attack strength that I have.

Wolfgreatheart.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
wolfgreatheart on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
How does one critical while playing the game, and how does one block? All of my critical blockings are over 110
but when anyone criticals me my player does not block. Also my player has a 160 plus critical rating and he never
criticals anyone. Even my henchmen critical or block and I can not. Is there something wrong with my player or
is there a button to push to block or critical during the game. Also how can I get more points for my player
without losing what damage and attack strength that I have.

Wolfgreatheart.
Welcome to the new crit system. It has lowered everyone's chance to crit and to block. Supposedly it affects enemies too, but most people don't seem to think it is. They still crit a lot and now we don't block them.

Check your percentages instead of just the stat numbers. There's been a bit of an uproar over the changes, but KI don't seem to care and will most likely not change anything.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
yesterday I wrote about the critical system changes , how I didn't see much difference , I stand corrected today . I just finally escaped out of the exalted Krokotopia duel because I was sick and tired of the storm criticals against me, I was life and fire, and I never once blocked.I was in there twice. I have done this duel with 2 wizards many times and NEVER have I seen it like this. Last night in malistaire , there were 4 of us, I was death and ice. Again, it was critical after critical and no blocks by us. I thought I had understood what KI had said about how the new math was working to decide the crit/block but evidently I was WRONG! if we have good block, then how the heck can they hit us critical after critical and we never block! I taught math for 6 years and I cant see how the bad guys get and we don't. I never critical hit today yet the bad guys did over and over, same with malistaire.
I do feel what I said yesterday still stands, GET RID of the critical/block that way we all on same wave length!
So far in my questing in Polaris , it seems fine, but then again, I haven't hit the big bosses yet.
How do I become a Big boss so I can block?