Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents from Parents.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Hello, I've been thinking about something. My pet should be getting amazing talents, but it keeps getting horrible talents.

Lets say my pet is an adult. It can get "MC Unicorn" but it didn't. If I hatch this pet with another pet, is there any chance that the new pet would get MC Unicorn, or something like that? (This is an example.)

Thanks

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
mrkingk123 on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I've been thinking about something. My pet should be getting amazing talents, but it keeps getting horrible talents.

Lets say my pet is an adult. It can get "MC Unicorn" but it didn't. If I hatch this pet with another pet, is there any chance that the new pet would get MC Unicorn, or something like that? (This is an example.)

Thanks
What, you want your pets to instantly have specific talents from their parents after hatching...

...and not have to spend hundreds of thousands of gold pieces...

...while hatching a pet seven times (on average) before you end up with the most desired traits possible like!?!

Yeah, you're not the only one. The most common response I continue to see with your request is to recommend to players that they train their pet/s up to adult, and hatch with pets with desire talents, then train the new pets up to adult, and if training shows the talents you want; you keep the pet, and continue training. If the pet gets to adult without any of the talents you were hoping for; start the process over. Eventually, you will get a pet trained up to adult with all the powers you want. Now, in continuing to do this process, you will on average, go through seven generations of pets to achieve what you seek.

Some folks are lucky, and very quickly get all the talents they want; while others folks may spend years attempting to get a may cast fairy spell on their pet.

No matter which talent or spell you seek on your pets; here's to you getting them all, or something better!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Tylerwildpants on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
What, you want your pets to instantly have specific talents from their parents after hatching...

...and not have to spend hundreds of thousands of gold pieces...

...while hatching a pet seven times (on average) before you end up with the most desired traits possible like!?!

Yeah, you're not the only one. The most common response I continue to see with your request is to recommend to players that they train their pet/s up to adult, and hatch with pets with desire talents, then train the new pets up to adult, and if training shows the talents you want; you keep the pet, and continue training. If the pet gets to adult without any of the talents you were hoping for; start the process over. Eventually, you will get a pet trained up to adult with all the powers you want. Now, in continuing to do this process, you will on average, go through seven generations of pets to achieve what you seek.

Some folks are lucky, and very quickly get all the talents they want; while others folks may spend years attempting to get a may cast fairy spell on their pet.

No matter which talent or spell you seek on your pets; here's to you getting them all, or something better!
Yeah, thanks.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
mrkingk123 on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, thanks.
I wish I could grant you all the talents you want. I'm one of those wizards that invested over three years training and hatching with other players to get the may cast fairy talent. And then as soon as I got it, every pet I would hatch would get it, as would player's pets who'd hatch with me too. Go figure.