Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown weapons / armor bundels etc..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2010
Hey,

I've been playing wizard again for like a month now and I've an important question that decides If I keep playing or quit.

I saw those weapons / armor bundels in de crown shop for level 15,25,35...100, etc..
Now my question is for those level 100+ armor bundels, is this the best or almost the best gear you can get?
Or can you farm way better armor and weapons, that you can't buy with irl money/crowns?
Is Wizard 101 on high levels Pay to win or not?

Hope you understand me.

Greetings.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The best gear is only available through farming.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
WolfRider95 on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Hey,

I've been playing wizard again for like a month now and I've an important question that decides If I keep playing or quit.

I saw those weapons / armor bundels in de crown shop for level 15,25,35...100, etc..
Now my question is for those level 100+ armor bundels, is this the best or almost the best gear you can get?
Or can you farm way better armor and weapons, that you can't buy with irl money/crowns?
Is Wizard 101 on high levels Pay to win or not?

Hope you understand me.

Greetings.
the best gear is only available through farming or crafting~ waterworks gear with crafted boots (at level 66, 76, etc.) will see you through to level 100, which is when you can try for the elusive darkmoor elite gear.

bundle gear is not worth it after level 50.

the only pay-to-win is in low/mid-level pvp; money buys rank, and the person who spends the most cash is the one who will become an insta-warlord.

-von

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Dr Von on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
the best gear is only available through farming or crafting~ waterworks gear with crafted boots (at level 66, 76, etc.) will see you through to level 100, which is when you can try for the elusive darkmoor elite gear.

the only pay-to-win is in low/mid-level pvp; money buys rank, and the person who spends the most cash is the one who will become an insta-warlord.

-von
Exactly. Until Level 30, is when your bundles will be useful. I could make a few exceptions (Jade, Tiki, etc) but mostly farming is the best way to go. I don't have any crown gear on my wizards

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
Dr Von on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:

-von
really the only good stuff is the wands are the jack hollow wands that give god like critical, or the fortuneteller's wands for the good stats and maybe the life force blade. also mounts but you are mostly on the nose there.