Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you wear your school colors?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Light blue and silver for ice.
-Hunter Bearhammer, Level 63

Survivor
Dec 11, 2014
Okay, so I used to wear my school colors. Like green and dark green. But then, I really didn't like that too much so I decided to wear whatever colour the robe is originally then to fake it. Anyway, people could easily understand that I am a wizard .

Nicole LifeFlower
Lvl 50
Wizard

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Zebulous Newt on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
My low level wizards wear whatever color combo is cheapest. When you buy clothes in the bazaar you can lower the price by picking certain colors. For my Death wizard that was silver and white.
Now I wear white with red trim because i have the gold to afford it. The death clothing i like has black brambles twining over it so dying it black would cover up the design.
I noticed this, that's really cool!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Whatever gear I have, I always dye it into dark purple base and pink trim. I

Alexandra Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
No, I don't copy my school colors, I guess i was just never into being red and yellow :P

My favorite color combinations are

All white
all black

white and red
black and white, white and black
blue and white, white and blue
red and black

Wolf Shadow hunter
Angel heart

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I do in a way. My wizard wears a light shade of green and white with the life school's symbol on the hat and robe.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
NerdyHamster on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Dark blue and white look really good! (:

Sorry for the lateness by TY!

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I usually wear my school colors. I am , and I like to wear a lot of purple, and sometimes yellow. I also wear a lot of pink, but I think that is close enough.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
I'm a fire wizard, but I'm always wearing black with red trim, it just looks less flamboyant.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I wear green base and brown trim for life, and brown base and purple trim for balance, white base and pink trim for ice, red base and orange trim for fire, and purple base and purple trim for storm. I do mostly my schools colors, I just changed a few of them up a bit, besides fire, which I am thinking of changing to red base and yellow trim.

Angela Gem, Exalted
Katie GoldFountain, Promethean
Scarlet AshGem, Magus
Nicole StarSmith, Magus
Kaitlyn Glade, Magus

Hero
May 02, 2009
Rarely do I wear my schools colors. I honestly just prefer having a Black base and a Dark purple trim for my outfits (with some exceptions here and there of course), but if I need something fast then I'll just pick out the colors that make the item the cheapest for me to buy there honestly.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
My fire always wears RED/YELLOW. If i'm feeling spunky i'll wear red&white.

Lord

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
I only wear drop items, lets me save up for a decent castle. But I do dye items to whatever colors I think look best at the time. No trouble being a follower of style here.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
My Ice Wizard used to wear dark blue and gold, but I recently re-dyed it to Light Blue so that it was more... Icey, if you will.

My Balance Wizard actually has a pretty cool clothing combo- I use the brown as main colors, but also have elemental colors as the trim. Red for Fire, purple for Storm, and light blue for Ice.

My Storm Wizard just uses dark blue and purple. Kind of regular Storm colors, but no yellow.

My Life Wizard uses light green and dark green. A really cool-looking combination.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
AaronUnicornIce on Nov 16, 2015 wrote:
My Ice Wizard used to wear dark blue and gold, but I recently re-dyed it to Light Blue so that it was more... Icey, if you will.

My Balance Wizard actually has a pretty cool clothing combo- I use the brown as main colors, but also have elemental colors as the trim. Red for Fire, purple for Storm, and light blue for Ice.

My Storm Wizard just uses dark blue and purple. Kind of regular Storm colors, but no yellow.

My Life Wizard uses light green and dark green. A really cool-looking combination.
Wow, i've never thought of doing that for balance! I might have to try that!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
hey all I personally do not wear my school colors because when I pvp it keeps everyone guessing like my fire for example you would think he is a balance wizard and for the longest time my death wore white and purple trim my reasoning: lol you don't need to know who your fighting till I kill ya :)

yours truly
liam stormbrand
representing: TEAM BRING IT

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Not really... I just wear all black on my fire and on my balance I wear black and red, so the red part is kind of for balance.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I dont really XD My storm wears balance colors. My fire wears black--just like my death. I wear the black to match a friend, so not really because it's a main color for death XD

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Hmmm, occasionally. I love the Purple/Yellow combo on Pixie's Armor of Enchanta. That's probably one of my favorite looking robes!
I'm balance and the whole Sand-colored thing is boring and weird. Nope!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I like the red and tan balance school colors, so my balance usually wears gold and red. Although, she didn't wear any red for a while, but I liked how it looked on the Malistare robe, plus, it goes with my wand. My storm wears purple, but no yellow.

-Tavia Dragonsong LV109 / LV31

Survivor
Apr 06, 2015
Personally for me, I used my Fire School colors (Red & Yellow) up until level 95, which was where I started to get Shadow Magic. At that point, I thought it was necessary for me to use the color black as my base color to resemble Shadow, then I would use the base color of Fire which is red as my new trim color. The look is really cool looking, and I plan to keep it like this forever. Also, since I use the Jewel Crafter's Bundle gear for my transmogrification, wand, and mount, I thought the mount (Crystal Unicorn) should be dyed to match the color of the hammer. Since the Ruby Shard Hammer was red with a yellow trim, that's what color I dyed my mount to be, plus it's the original Fire School colors! Thanks for reading my thoughts on the school colors!

Kenneth FireBlade (Level 101)

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Sure i do I wear Myth like a flag
Blue and Yello looks cool too so bonus :D

YAY!!!

wolfmythsword110

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Yes I have tried to change it up and just cant stay away Brian spirithorn lvl 72 /

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
ew, no.

I never wear any of my school colors at any level, at least, i try my best not to. Because I don't like any of the school colors really, except maybe death, but you don't see me decked out in black and white. The only time I really wear my school colors, is when i pull a gear item from a pack that is really good, but I can't dye it, so when I wear it, I dye all of my other outfit pieces to match it, but that's changed pretty quickly.

For example i am only wearing my school colors right now because i pulled a Purple and Gold (yellow) boots gear piece from i think the pharaoh pack. idk, I opened a few packs yesterday. cant remember.

Other than that, I like to make my own color combinations.

- James ShadowBlood AoE Student (I don't consider myself an actual Storm Student. )

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
I wear the color of my school on every character but two.

Life: Green screams life and I have to prepare for the onslaught of Entangles (if they don't know the menu chat thing)
Balance: I dislike the colors. I go with black and white, so I look like a death wizard, but I have my school symbol on my cape, so that works