Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Treasure Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
Can I vent for a moment about this card needed for the Eagle Shield crafting quest? I have been farming Azteca bosses all weekend that are supposed to drop the card and have not yet gotten it. You can't buy it, trade it, craft it, or harvest it from your garden. This is a little insane.

KI, why is this card so rare when it's needed for crafting quests?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
UnbrokenLaw on Oct 6, 2015 wrote:
Can I vent for a moment about this card needed for the Eagle Shield crafting quest? I have been farming Azteca bosses all weekend that are supposed to drop the card and have not yet gotten it. You can't buy it, trade it, craft it, or harvest it from your garden. This is a little insane.

KI, why is this card so rare when it's needed for crafting quests?
I agree, it's a tough card to find. Every wizard that's gotten that far in the crafting quests knows all about it. But it is Azteca after all, and you're a relatively high level wizard... it's supposed to be hard. It's not impossible, it just takes some doing. Don't feel bad (or, go ahead and feel bad) that it's taking you so long because it did for most of us. You'll find posts in this forum from people saying "Oh, that was such an easy TC to find. When I got that quest I already had dozens of them". Not all of us were so fortunate, or maybe we're a little bit more honest about it.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
this quest is why i left for a couple yrs...thinking that KI would have listen by know and somehow tweaked the drop rates for this card...boy, was i ever wrong....got a week left on this month sub and if i don't get it...off for another couple years i guess...facepalm