Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
I left this game almost 3 years ago. I cam back because it will always be a game i love, however i noticed the difficulty is unreal. Without henchmen or friends it is near impossible to play to the end.

Administrator
Hello,

Welcome back to Wizard101! There certainly are some areas of the game that may be challenging.

What level and school are you? And where are you currently questing in game? Maybe if we know some more about what you are having trouble with, players will have some helpful suggestions.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dakota FrogStalker on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I left this game almost 3 years ago. I cam back because it will always be a game i love, however i noticed the difficulty is unreal. Without henchmen or friends it is near impossible to play to the end.
The Team Up option was added to gather others for a dungeon. You can either Team Up at the dungeon sigil or at the stand near the Bazaar.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Currently i am right out the gate of Avalon, it could be that i just do not know my class as well as i used to, but im a level 72 balance and need to kill a 15k health fire dragon.

I get dealt 2k damage in the first 3 rounds, giving me almost no opportunity to attack, and im usually always dead around the time i kill the minion.

Also i can barely solo normal mobs, it seems i just cant attack or defend or heal faster then they can kill.

Maybe i am just bad now xD idk but i have had this problem and this is why i left in the first place.

a very on again off again relationship with this game!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I remember when Avalon first came out, I too found it very difficult. I hated those Storm Hobgoblins at the beginning.

However I had started a second account shortly before the release of Zafaria. Only one of my wizards made it to Avalon before I caught everybody up on the other account. Once I started travelling in pairs instead of playing solo, I found Avalon and other worlds much less stressful.

I don't know that the difficulty level per se has increased, it's just a difference in time spent. In Wizard City, you could die in mob fights too. But if you did, you usually only had 2 or 3 rounds invested. The spells cast during those duels had very short animation sequences. Duels were fast, win or lose.

Once you get to Avalon, you might die, but it's after 6 or 7 rounds of blading and trapping, perhaps a few shields, and maybe an attack that didn't vanquish your foes. Add to that you've also got spells that have longer animation sequences because mobs start with 2 - 4 power pips so they're casting monster spells in the first couple of rounds. The possibility of dying hasn't necessarily increased, just the amount of wasted time has if you do.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dakota FrogStalker on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
Currently i am right out the gate of Avalon, it could be that i just do not know my class as well as i used to, but im a level 72 balance and need to kill a 15k health fire dragon.

I get dealt 2k damage in the first 3 rounds, giving me almost no opportunity to attack, and im usually always dead around the time i kill the minion.

Also i can barely solo normal mobs, it seems i just cant attack or defend or heal faster then they can kill.

Maybe i am just bad now xD idk but i have had this problem and this is why i left in the first place.

a very on again off again relationship with this game!
Jabberwock gives many players a hard time. He's just a matter of learning his cheat and timing your attacks to always hit when he places that 200% trap on himself, before he clears it next round. He's not easy to solo, dress for fire resist and stock up on fire shields. Get a friend to help, even if it's a low level "place saver." If he joins the battle right before you get killed, that way you can use a potion and return to battle without having to start all over.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
Dakota, I have exalted wizards (including a Balance). I'd be more than happy to meet up in game and either quest with you a bit or just offer some of my strategies/tactics that served me well. With my wizards, I was able to solo almost all the content, except a few bosses and the hardest dungeons. It is definitely something you can do!