Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best ice pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2014
I'm a level 27 ice and I want to know what is the best ice pet?

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
The Lv59 school pet is a decent 1st gen pet, so is the Starfish from Celestia.
Else you'd have to hatch

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
There is no "best pet" for any school. What matters is the pet's talents, and you won't get a perfect combination of talents in a first generation pet, so you'll have to hatch with other pets that have the talents you want.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
if you are looking at ice quest pets for ice school i believe it is lord of winter at level 98.if you just mean ic school then i don't know.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The Guardian Foo Dog can be a very nice Ice pet provided it manifests some of it's better potential talents. With mine I was lucky enough to get may-cast Freeze, Spritely, Blade of Ice (gives Ice Blade card) and Snow Born which adds a 100% accuracy Blizzard card to your deck.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The snowball pet is kind of fun. It gives a unique ice area of effect damage spell "snowball fight." It seems to give more sbf cards as it levels up, at least I have one that currently gives 2.

I think you can buy the snowball during december or january in the crown shop.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
The biggest problem I had was waiting until level 38 for an ice blade. So buy Hoard of Hydra packs until you get Snow Beast or wait until December when they release yuletide packs for the rescue rover. Those are the pets I recommend until ice wyvern and Lord of winter.