Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emotional in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Wizard101 has really become a part of my life. I've met amazing people that make me laugh out loud and smile everyday. I'm so into the game, it can bring out my emotions. I have felt: excited, cheerful, shocked, scared, angry, sad, nervous... I want to share a story of this time where I was almost reduced to tears.

Abandoned In Tartarus (title sounds horrific)

I entered Tartarus with a group of people I had just met and friended. I had been looking forward to fighting Cronus, but we decided to deal with Hades first. They were aware that I was desperate to face Cronus for the first time and they said we would. Finally after defeating Hades and his brothers, I was so excited, I rushed out the door, only to see Hades respawn at the last second. It wouldn't let me reenter, and the others were still in the room. They text chatted me saying they were going to fight Hades again for another go at drops. I told them I would be waiting at Cronus. 50 minutes later, they finished. I noticed by their location: the Commons I asked them if we could do Cronus since I was so patient, but one said that they left. Heartbroken, and feeling abandoned, I deleted them almost reduced to tears at the thought of being ignored and left in Tartarus. I then rushed in to face Cronus myself, died and quit the game.

This story was much more emotional and worse than it seemed, I might have forgotten a few parts, but that was the worst memory I've experienced.

Now I'm curious to know, what is your most emotional/painful/worst memory in Wizard101.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Worst Darkmoor Day ever.

Its my first time EVER in Darkmoor, so I team up and find a team of: a life, a death, and a fire, and we go in. We take out the first and second boss, and when we get to the observatory puzzle. I choose the wrong one, no one else said they knew. So I took a shot, and I choose crimson lens, and then the density all the way to the left *forgot its name* Thats when the Fire who's name was: Patrick said: "Seriously, another battle. Be quicker if I just leave than fight these vampires with you noobs" and so he left. I was really mad, it was just a minion battle. Nothing much. So the girl life named: Kiera or Katherine said: "We can't do it with 3 people, :("and also left. I thought: Come on like we can, its not that hard. Finally I wanted to cry, after hard work of defeating Sir Blackwater (who is so very annoying) but it only got worse, the final girl who was death named Fallon said: "Ugh, cya. Next time get the puzzle right." and she left as well. I couldn't help feel guilty, not doing this battle was my own fault I kept telling myself. So I run in, and die about half way through the battle. I was very angry, but not at them, at myself. So I asked my Real Life friend Madison who plays this game, and she said: "Its not your fault that they didn't say if they could do the puzzle or not, and also its only a minion battle don't take it to heart". I felt better after that, but still they ditched me all because of a puzzle. I guess people shouldn't take this game to heart, and do battles that they might not want to do. Instead of making themselves do a dungeon over again, and others as well.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Oh gosh. My worst memory is quite similar to yours. Now at this point in the game, to me everything was nice and happy and all the players were helpful and sweet. Well things to a turn for the worst. So I visited my friends house and they had the Pagoda Gauntlet. So I went in with a few others, not including my friend. So we did all the battles and got to the very top, at this point it was just me and one other player, a girl. So I went in first and she waited. I asked if she was going to join and she just replied with "Oops!" and left. I died.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'm pretty calm in most situations; however, this game will occasionally make me so mad that malistaire (and his black hole of rage that swallows the light of a thousand dying suns) looks like a scared kitten by comparison.

i'm super burnt out on darkmoor. but, in a last-ditch effort to get my boots, i went back after 2 weeks away~ i had a "perfect" team to start: ice for tanking, life for healing, storm for hitting, and me (balance) for support. but, after our tank fled, things went south quickly.

we finished the first fight with just the 3 of us, and decided to keep going. during the shane fight, my 2 remaining teammates fled and came back, but they didn't rejoin the fight. they just stood on the sidelines and taunted as i died.

but wait! there's more!

those who know me likely already know what's next.
for those who don't, you should know that dr. von:

1) is sick of darkmoor;
2) has no patience for quitters;
3) is a storm wizard at heart; go big, or don't go at all.

needless to say, all 3 factors added up to what was very nearly a vonsplosion. i was so angry that i put both of them on ignore and logged out immediately, in order to avoid smashing the wall beside me or throwing my laptop through a window. the very thought made my blood boil, and i waited a week before i dared log in again.

-von "my fury is a red river of hatred that makes your thousand suns asplode" shadowsong

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Darthvarian on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Wizard101 has really become a part of my life. I've met amazing people that make me laugh out loud and smile everyday. I'm so into the game, it can bring out my emotions. I have felt: excited, cheerful, shocked, scared, angry, sad, nervous... I want to share a story of this time where I was almost reduced to tears.

Abandoned In Tartarus (title sounds horrific)

I entered Tartarus with a group of people I had just met and friended. I had been looking forward to fighting Cronus, but we decided to deal with Hades first. They were aware that I was desperate to face Cronus for the first time and they said we would. Finally after defeating Hades and his brothers, I was so excited, I rushed out the door, only to see Hades respawn at the last second. It wouldn't let me reenter, and the others were still in the room. They text chatted me saying they were going to fight Hades again for another go at drops. I told them I would be waiting at Cronus. 50 minutes later, they finished. I noticed by their location: the Commons I asked them if we could do Cronus since I was so patient, but one said that they left. Heartbroken, and feeling abandoned, I deleted them almost reduced to tears at the thought of being ignored and left in Tartarus. I then rushed in to face Cronus myself, died and quit the game.

This story was much more emotional and worse than it seemed, I might have forgotten a few parts, but that was the worst memory I've experienced.

Now I'm curious to know, what is your most emotional/painful/worst memory in Wizard101.
On my main account, I have broken many friendships and even have thrown a temper tantrum on the message boards (embarrassing the more I think about it) all because I didn't get a certain thing my way. Basically, I grew up in an environment of getting whatever I want, that at adult age now, I'm seeing how painful it has become. In W101, this has made me dread playing with my exalted wizards - there is no way to forget my own stubbornness and the damage it caused to myself.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Wow ok. My worst experience on here is darkmoor (shocking huh). I just became level 100 recently. I excitedly finish the first 2 dungeons for darkmoor and make it to the last one. I finish that and get nothing. I thought "alright alright maybe next time". I go in the next day, nothing. Day after that, nothing. I did darkmoor everyday for 15 days (because i have no life like that) and i got. NOTHING!! Nothing whatsoever, not even tier 1 gear.

I was so sad the last time i came out, i almost burst into tears and wondered why can't i get anything?! My friends kept asking me to be healer for their next run in darkmoor (im life) and i look at all their gear. Some just needed boots or the hat. I was too sad to go with them, haven't been in darkmoor since....thats my story lol

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
The level 58 balance spell quest boss Helios. He was probably the hardest boss I have ever had to fight solo. I would just get a rush of sadness every time i knew i was defeated. I was playing with a friend one night and we were finishing up, so i decided to give Helios another go. When i saw his blasted fire elemental spirit sink into the ground I was in a state of disbelief. The sounds of pure happiness were unintelligible. In conclusion my friends dad labeled me as a crazy person right then and there.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
My gosh.. I am so sorry to hear this. I have two painful memories myself, one in Wizard101 and Pirate101.

A person told me they would gift me 10+ packs if I gave them all my treasure cards. So, gullible me did so (well, they didn't get my Black Cat collection), and he immediately unfriended me. I felt just so sad and angry, I couldn't even report him.

In the P101 Test Realm, I decided to do a Ranked PvP match with my Musketeer. I won my first two, and feeling pretty confident, went to win match number three. This time, I was up against a Swashbuckler. He used Black Fog, poisoned me so I couldn't heal, and then his Subodai took out my Louis in a single turn! (after all the epics) I ended up losing Louis and Chantal in his first turn of attacking. So, being the Musketeer I am, I bombed the battleboard as much as possible, because that's all I could do while he was hidden. Next turn, he took out me and Bonnie Anne and won. You know what he said afterwards?????????????

"Spamming traps is bad"

In a fit of anger and some pain, I quickly got off, and I've never done Ranked PvP since.....

There are some really nasty and mean people out there. Try and look for the nice ones.

-Emma Darkspear Level 60
-Loyal Zane Bowman, Level 65 Musketeer

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Meh I've never had my feelings hurt on wizard101 from being abandoned in a big fight. Yes it's super annoying but it doesn't hurt my feelings. Then again I play playstation online so maybe I'm desensitized to internet meanies.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Wow, some of these stories are far worse than mine. I wish luck to those who are farming for something especially in Darkmoor. Maybe I could help some of you in Darkmoor when I'm bored and when my connection is fixed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Balance princess on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
Meh I've never had my feelings hurt on wizard101 from being abandoned in a big fight. Yes it's super annoying but it doesn't hurt my feelings. Then again I play playstation online so maybe I'm desensitized to internet meanies.
it's not a matter of hurt feelings; for some of us, the situation is already stressful~ throw in the added pressure of being faced with a seemingly-impossible task, and results can be disastrous.

to give you an idea, this is what darkmoor is like for someone with an anxiety disorder:

can we finish in less than 4 hours? who's going to quit first? are they going to expect me to take on a role i can't fill? how much extra work must i do, to compensate for the people who will ultimately quit? is this even worth it? what if i finally get my gear? what if i don't? how many more times do i have to do this?

(if you think that's the end of the list, well... let's just say that i wish it was)

-von

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
As someone who's been left alone or with just one player, I feel your pain. It happened twice in the first part of Darkmoor and many times in Wysteria doing the Helephant quest. For one thing, people have no idea how time consuming the first battle of Helephant can be. You can spend over 4 hours doing the entire quest. Darkmoor took us 6 hours to complete all battles in the first part because two people left after the first battles were done. My husband and I found McShane by ourselves. I have helped in the Graveyard, but being a Myth my wizard OK but not outstanding. Maybe there should be a wounded warrior status so we can know who to play with. Thanks for letting me vent.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
My worst memory is back when the Pagoda was first introduced, and I had two accounts. One with a level 50 Storm and one with a level 6 Ice. As I was going through the pagoda, it was so hard. Like, even though it was set to the level 10 version of the dungeon, it still was insanely hard. I died a few times on my storm. And finally after like two hours I made it to the second to last floor, and when I beat the boss... the final door didn't open. And I was so mad, cause it look me forever to do

-Wolf, 100

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I don't get very emotional in W101... although I'll get really mad if nobody will help me and it takes me like 10 tries to beat a boss.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
When me and my brother teleported to someone at their house and got stuck in the 'koi pond' housing item for two hours

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
I went in Rattle Bones Exalted duel My friends said they were fixing their deck so go ahead
They just sat there and watched
I was only initiate at the time Elijah Drake 26

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
on a slightly-less depressing note: i almost cried when i got my boots from castle dreadmore after 9 months of stress and rage and getting quit on... it was like a huge weight had lifted from my shoulders, and to say that i felt relieved is a gross understatement.

still spewing rainbows and butterflies, 2 days after the fact!

-von "fish paste forever" shadowsong

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I have an even worse one that just happened today, I've left and quit on Darkmoor, seeing as gear from the ultra dungeons: Meow (Boots) Krok (Hat) and Bones (Robe) Are better than darkmoor, I started to farm those. About a week ago I got the robe, I decided: Boots are next. My friend Mariah also needed the boots, so we do Meow about 20 times with other friends. She gets the boots finally, I don't. On the 4th run, her storm friend got the boots. On the 9th run, her life friend got the boots. On the 17th run, her fire friend gets the boots (and he already had them before x. x) 20th run, She gets the boots. I am ticked after that, they are my money being put into Meow and I don't even get the boots? Come on, I felt depressed and Mariah said she'd help me farm until I got them unlike my other friends. Still I felt like now there was no one who actually wanted to do Meow with me anymore. This is totally an ad for help, lol nah its just to vent my feelings

Savannah DuskShard (Worst luck ever) 100
Savannah FireShard (Warlord Hype)50
Savannah FrostShard (Warlord Magus Hype)36
PS: If this has happened to anyone else in these ultra dungeons, then do comment. I do believe they should up the drop rate for these. Been about 15000 Crowns and no boots, most expensive boots ever probably UG Boots or something lol, anyway if you'd like to help me set up a time below :D thanks for reading

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I felt SO happy when I got my Darkmoor gear too, I was totally done with it after over a month. When people continued to ask for my help in Darkmoor, I told them I was done with it. I'm awaiting the day better gear comes out so I can stress on farming for it; I'm bored so I want to be kept busy.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I know right! Once I finally get these boots, imma never buy an ultra again. All I want to do is farm for the Ziger again :T So many crowns, yet such a cute tiger

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Wow Von. Our play times are very different but that story made me personally want to help you through Darkmoor. I have a team of two me's and a bunch of great friends, so it really reduces the immaturity and people bailing factor. Maybe on the weekend we can work something out. Either way, Good Luck! Amber

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AmberRavenSong7 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Wow Von. Our play times are very different but that story made me personally want to help you through Darkmoor. I have a team of two me's and a bunch of great friends, so it really reduces the immaturity and people bailing factor. Maybe on the weekend we can work something out. Either way, Good Luck! Amber
thanks~ i wish my exalted wizards were on different accounts, so they could help each other. but, alas, they are all on the same account and i can't move them because my second account is not subbed to a year term (and likely won't be again).

the good news is, one of my wizards now has a full set, and my second isn't far behind (storm has had her boots for a whilel, plus she managed to snag both her staff and her athame the other day); i still have one more wizard (death) with no gear yet, but it seems that ki is finally listening to their players and has made these drops attainable.

hopefully our paths will cross at some point; if not, then best of luck getting your gear!

-von