Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Same Pet Jewel as Talent on pet.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2014
I have a question. I have an Epic pet with Death dealer, double resist and death assailant. Now what if I was to socket a death giver jewel on this pet, would the pet be prevented from getting death giver at mega?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
I don't know the answer but i thought maybe you could help me, I am a bit confused about how to hatch, how much it costs and is it true that i have to pay 50 thousand gold just hatch. thanks, and sorry i could not help.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
can try to see if it'll let you gem.

if it won't then this proves the long standing theory that the manifested pet skills are decided at the moment of hatching (not randomly generated as you train).

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
If you get a talent jewel it will work just fine but if your pet develops the same talent while training then the jewel will stop having effect. So if I have fire dealer jewel and I get fire dealer talent I will need to find a new damage jewel.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Destiny Icewings on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
I don't know the answer but i thought maybe you could help me, I am a bit confused about how to hatch, how much it costs and is it true that i have to pay 50 thousand gold just hatch. thanks, and sorry i could not help.
Depending on the pet, a single hatch will cost around 30,000-50,000 gold.

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
No, your pet will still get the same talents with or without a jewel. If you unlock a talent that is the same as the jewel you have socketed to that pet, then the jewel will stop working and show a "not" icon on the display. You can just replace the jewel with another if that happens.

Guide to using pet jewels: http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/power-up-your-pet/

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Destiny Icewings on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
You're better off posting questions like this in their own thread, since it is a different topic than the first question and might be overlooked here.

Hatches can be done with two pets you have, or with one of your pets and another player. In either case the cost to you will depend on the exact pets, but is usually between 35,000 to 52,000 gold.

You keep your original pet(s) and get an egg that will hatch into a new pet. The new pet could look like either parent, or in some cases something else (we call those hybrid pets). It usually gets a mix of talents and stats from both parents, but you never know exactly what.

Best of luck!