Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-4-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and a special one, as we're amidst our birthday celebrations. Happy 7th everyone! We're so happy to have you along for the ride and looking forward to all the great things we'll do by the time we turn 8. ::grin::

As such, let's reflect on the past. What is your favorite Wizard101 memory over the last 7 years? Is it the time where you finally defeated that foe that caused you trouble? Was it meeting a great friend? Winning a PVP tournament? Seeing the inside of Barkingham Palace for the first time? We want to know what moment in time has been most special to you during your travels in the Spiral.

Have a wonderful Friday and a spectacular weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
my favorite memory is starting w101. it was long ago, but my whole family loves w101 now. thank you kingsisle, for a fantastic family friendly game

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I gotta agree with KatLover on this one: just stumbling upon the game and getting 'hooked' within minutes is my best memory. There are tons more that I've accrued over the years, including finding some great players (none of whom play anymore sadly) to help and just have fun with, but nothing beats taking the wizard quiz the and battling mobs/bosses the first time.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
It makes me laugh still to remember the shock and delight (like being a child and realizing Santa had come) when I read the preview notes for the latest update. So many things I'd been wanting for so long were all in one amazing update that it felt like a personal gift. Thanks again.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
My favorite memory was starting w101, and doing the test, finding out that I was a balance wizard. I love the game so much that I have multiple wizards, all magic classes except Myth. I'm surprised that there are seven magic classes, and a wizard's account only has six wizards. Sure wish I could have that extra wizard in my account.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
When I got to my favorite world Avalon my schools

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
My favorite memory is starting the game, remembering the beta and seeing how it changed and got better, and remembering when mounts came out, seeing that bone dragon mount was love at first sight.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor? Could you ask some of the developers and other KI staff if they'd like to submit their favorite memories too? I think it would be fun to hear from the people who are seeing their dreams and hard work come to life in the game and don't forget the stories of what must be a legion of minion-esque helpers making all the nitty gritty stuff happen, be safe, be balanced and fun. What's it been like for all you guys to create and maintain the game and work together and stuff?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
There are so many great times experienced here, from finally getting that perfect pet to getting that drop that been trying so hard and long for. But the best memories come from when members of my family join. I don’t live close to many of them so wiz is how I am able to play and spend time with them. It’s a great way to help me not miss out on all their childhood. That there alone makes Wizaed101 pretty darn special, in my book. I selfishly wish you a Happy Birthday Wizard101 and many more to come J that you for making it possible to have great memories.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
So many fond memories over the years and multiple accounts. I have to say, though, that my favorite memory has yet to come. The day I can found a guild will be one of the best Wiz101 moments ever!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
My memory? Well... I would have to say, finishing Celestia just as Zafaria was ready for us Wizards to venture in.

Oh! Speaking of Zafaria, I have this memory to share. Why, just before 2012 began on New Years Eve in 2011's last hours, I had finished Zafaria through finishing Mirror Lake & Shining Mountain just minutes before midnight struck. It was one of my fond memories, finishing a world that was launched in 2011 just before the new year began.

Sure, Morganthe made off with her Deck of Shadows after she brought her risen tower from the lake's drained water imprisonment & departed to have her Starburst Spiders try to feed on me & some Wizards I was adventuring with back at that time, but we bested them all, & were left with a hollow victory and a repeated prophetic remembrance of her Grand Prophecy. & I had finished my grand adventure on Zafaria just before the New Year's countdown began & ended.

(sigh) I can still remember it very well today.

My next memory? In 2012, I was very astounded to see not one, but two main story arc worlds launched in one year, Avalon & Azteca. Wow! To see two worlds launched in one year, it's such a very rare time to do it. And I would presume that next world after Avalon would be for a while. Guess that was a bit sooner than I thought, & I didn't even know it would be a world none of us would have ever guessed, & it truly turned out to be Azteca, instead of one of the mentioned worlds we kept thinking on about. That was one of my amazing memories.

I got one more. I still remember fighting my first Skeleton Key secret boss, the Temple Phantom. It was one of my exciting moments that we get to fight more secret bosses in a very long while, since the previous ones in Marleybone & MooShu. It sparked my own newfound interest to find & fight more of them to get their own unique loot drops to this day. That's one of my favorite memories.

(sigh) Good times. Let's keep making many more, Professor Falmea!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2011
Wizard101 was my first MMORPG game and I remember how exciting it was to come home from work and jump on the game and quest while exploring all the different worlds ahead of me. My favorite memory of Wizard101 was questing my Life Wiz (my first character and favorite still) to lvl 60 (at the time was the max lvl). I had so much to learn, looking back now it is all so trivial now. I had no idea how to use blades and traps, and thought that dropped gear and vendors was all I had to choose from. So you can imagine how excited I was when a friend told me about the bazaar. As you can tell I didn't read much about learning these things, that's how excited I was to hurry through and see everything new and exciting! LOL Then I discovered crafting and the excitement built up even more!
The first goals I set for myself was reaching lvl 50 so I could finally obtain critical gear and getting my Forest Lord spell. I felt like I was killing mobs and bosses like a BOSS! Then finding out about enhancement spells like monstrous and gargantuan (I didn't know they existed until about lvl 54 lol) O YEAH I was feeling like a BIG BOSS now! Then of course my next goal, as you all can guess was to reach Legendary!, Waterworks HERE I COME!!! Needless to say Waterworks was one of the "BIG" challenges along with defeating Malistaire. I remember how intimidating he was seeing his health at 10,000! But neither one of these dungeons compared to the release of Wysteria and the dreaded "Tower of Helephant"! Which at the time if you wanted the complete set of Legendary gear you must go here if you wanted the ring and athame.
Looking back at what was now 4 years and 7 wizards ago and meeting people whom I am still friends with, I will say questing my Life "wizzy" was the most memorable time on Wizard101 for me. But yet I will also add that I miss the "newness" that came with the good memory that was made!

A BIG Thank You and Happy 7th Birthday goes out to everyone at Kingsisle!!!!!!

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
My favorite Wizard101 memory is when I met up with my long lost friend... I had meant to port to her, but accidently deleted her and couldn't find her again... Meeting up after a while was a great feeling. Nothing can surpass that!

Lenora SkullShade100

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I can't just choose one; there's doing Big Ben for the first time ever, and that was with an IRL friend, and we had no idea what we were doing so we had to fight Spike the Crusher, and with us both being Fire, it was tough, but we did it. There's also the fact that we chose to ignore the existence of Skype at the time, so we had a phone call for the whole duration of Big Ben. Another memory I like is finally completing Dragonspyre. Another is soloing the Trial of the Spheres on my Death and asking for help before each boss with no one willing to come. There's also completing Avalon, but that's reduced by the fact that the person I did the final areas with really sped things up, making me unable to enjoy it as much. Then there's completing Xibalba with one other person, which was difficult but really fun. Also, I've duo'd the game until late Celestia with another IRL friend, which was a lot of fun.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
For whatever its worth, I found Wizard101 at a time when I was burnt out, had a new boss, had begun to hate a job I once loved, and was not yet coming to grips with the fact that my beloved dog was dying. I found and embraced Wizard101 with a vengeance, and made a couple of real friends, as well as a ton of acquaintances, along the way.

Its been a few years and my real life has improved tremendously (Thank You, God). I still play regularly although not with the passion and fury I once had. I continue to appreciate and savor the wit and puns that has been laced throughout your product; it has kept me enthralled throughout the years. Please keep it coming, and Thank You, Wizard101, for being there when I needed an escape.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
So many things. There were a few drops that took me ages to get. Things like the headmaster statue, that I farmed for years (on and off, not daily lol) and then it was finally mine!

My very best memory/memories is/are my first days as a wizard. Being a nascent pyromancer who knew nothing about the game so everything was an exciting surprise.

Community Leader
My favorite memory in Wizard101 is when I (and a couple friends) defeated the sand squid with only our wands. No gear, no pets!

Sure, it took an hour to do but it was so satisfying at the end!

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
My favorite memory was questing in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
Currently, for me, it's defeating Chester Droors. A long time ago when I'd first gotten there, he gave me trouble to no end (probably because I paid no attention to the trap cheat, oops)

Fast forward to about two-and-a-half weeks ago, I'd started a new wizard and he was speeding through Wysteria. This time I entered the Earth classroom with a strategy (and knowledge of traps) and managed to defeat him first try!
------
Dustin Swiftwhisper
Abigail Dragonshard
Julia Dragontail

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
My favorite Wizard 101 memory is when i beat malestare

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My favorite memory is beating Malistaire for the first time. At that time, you needed at least 3 people in order to use the pedestals to open the doors (2 if someone placed a mark by one). Now there is only one pedestal to activate.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
I have many contenders for best memory, but I'd have to say that my favourite on Wiz is reaching Exalted for the first time on my wizard, after over 5 months of work (I was then questing at Radiant Alcazar). Questing in Azteca was really hard as a Balance, and Khrysalis, due to its sheer length, was no easier, so it was definitely an achievement for me.

Second best I'd say was finally learning Shadow Magic from Sofia Darkside.

Honorable mention: Attaining Promethean Crafter, although it would certainly feel more like a usable skill if actual Exalted crafted gear existed at Sardonyx or somewhere similar. Darkmoor gear needs to go!

Adrian
Exalted , Master
Promethean Crafter
Rank 11 Gardener

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I've just started recently, so I don't know what my favorite thing will be yet (though I was very happy when I finally beat the Iron Golem). I was wondering if it would be possible for the Death School to be restored to its proper place in Ravenwood as well as Blossom, Ivan, Mortis, Bernie, Kelvin, and Torrence to offer trainable spells like Niles does.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
The time that Meowmadon was offered, (the siberian tiger mount), as a fundraiser for children's programs.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2015
I'm pretty new to W101, and I love everything! It's so addictive! My only wish is that you'd extend the Lost Pages and the BOX quests to the full month instead of a week or so. I came late to this, and I don't want to miss out on anything!