Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlimited Energy/Change Fishing to its own energy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
What if there was a way to purchase unlimited energy? I know a lot of the game profits come from people continuously buying energy, but if you made the price rather expensive like 25k crowns? Or only purchasable through IRL money? I love to do things like fishing but its ruined because I can't keep a steady flow of energy just so I can fish, then spend more money to display them. Or have some type of option to have pet and farming energy, and then fishing energy. Because there are benefits in those to, but not in fishing really. All you can do with fishing is show off what you have, there is no real gain. Don't get me wrong, I love the fishing aspect, and really I wish it could simply be without energy. You already have to purchase several packs to display a few fish. If this could happen I think a lot of the community would be grateful.
Thanks for considering

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
WildPanda1 on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
What if there was a way to purchase unlimited energy? I know a lot of the game profits come from people continuously buying energy, but if you made the price rather expensive like 25k crowns? Or only purchasable through IRL money? I love to do things like fishing but its ruined because I can't keep a steady flow of energy just so I can fish, then spend more money to display them. Or have some type of option to have pet and farming energy, and then fishing energy. Because there are benefits in those to, but not in fishing really. All you can do with fishing is show off what you have, there is no real gain. Don't get me wrong, I love the fishing aspect, and really I wish it could simply be without energy. You already have to purchase several packs to display a few fish. If this could happen I think a lot of the community would be grateful.
Thanks for considering
You can easily, if you want to spend those crowns so badly, go to the pet pavilion and buy more energy. I don't think the change you suggested is a good idea at all, sorry.

A lot of people have requested that fishing, pet training and farming have their own globes of energy because it really doesn't seem fair to those who do all three... nothing done yet.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Energy is one of those resources that KI uses to make money. An elixir costs 250 crowns. During the crowns sale, that equals 25 cents an elixir. They make them inexpensive to encourage use, and I'm sure they added fishing, expanded gardening and pet training to encourage elixir purchases. Pretty good business model i'd say. So i doubt they'd ever give out unlimited energy.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I don't agree with this even with the fact I use up my energy so quickly to. Like the others said, it is a way for KI to make money and they are a business. If they did this I could see it being abused. You are able to sell fish after they are caught. Also the energy is tied into pet training and gardening. I just don't thing it is a good idea.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Alright, forget the unlimited energy thing. I still see it being a better alternative to have its own energy though because you don't really get benefits out of it as you do the pet and gardening energy. Its just rather irritating how people who want to simply fish are tied into having to constantly spend on energy. And really it isn't worth this 25 cents just to catch fish. That may be inexpensive to you, but I doubt you're the type of person that can only afford to buy the $5 crowns per month or so. At that rate you won't really get anything useful. You can buy 20 elixirs for the 5 dollar crowns. Each elixir would get me for example 15 fish, excluding the loss of fish. Out of 15 fish, somewhere in the average of 12 are not what you're looking for. Since I can only afford crowns once in a blue moon, that might get me 3 fish I want or need. After that I have to wait several hours before I can fish at that rate again. I know elixir themselves are a money maker and I get it. But if pet and gardening energy remain one, I'm sure it'll bring in the same as before fishing was around, I seriously doubt fishing is near the draw of income that the other two are. Maybe if you could purchase fishing energy refills with gold instead, which would mean the player as a whole wouldn't gain anything but the ability to have a fish. Say the fishing energy refill was 1200, those 12 fish will probably be worth around only 1200. So you get to keep the 3 fish you want, and still have money to get more. And since you still have to purchase fish tank packs to display them at all I don't see why this would be too much of a draw on income. I hope someone that could actually assist with answering my question will answer. Thanks.