Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre is a pure joke.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2010
Just finished my Third 48 spell (crow), it's seriously way too easy! Just Two Death Minions and the Tree of life dungeon? Where's the challenge in that? Dragonspyre for being the final arc1 world, should hold a challenge for people, and I'm able to solo it
And before you pull the death gets health card, I've soloed all of arc1 on my balance, and myth, It's simply the fact that the First Arc Isnt challenging, no Cheating Bosses, Every enemy starts out with 1 pip or power pip ( Excluding the LoreMaster ) I would expect malistaire to be more challenging, 10,000 isn't that hard to accomplish, I mainly soloed the final ds dungeon on my death and easily killed him with a crow with 2 feints, level 48, I never had a challenge, I believe that making dragonspyre easy makes you think that Arc2 is a pure joke, and it gets interesting since the first enemies start out with 2 - 4 pips, which is a major change, In Celestia I've had to do wintertusk before CL Because I needed the 58 spell just to kill (Not to mention the major change of that, from a elite guy with a health of 1115, to A Boss with around 10k, Who also Cheats by using hex)
All I want to say is, Dragonspyre is too easy for being the final 1st arc world, and should be made more challenging.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
witchdoctor of awe... on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
Just finished my Third 48 spell (crow), it's seriously way too easy! Just Two Death Minions and the Tree of life dungeon? Where's the challenge in that? Dragonspyre for being the final arc1 world, should hold a challenge for people, and I'm able to solo it
And before you pull the death gets health card, I've soloed all of arc1 on my balance, and myth, It's simply the fact that the First Arc Isnt challenging, no Cheating Bosses, Every enemy starts out with 1 pip or power pip ( Excluding the LoreMaster ) I would expect malistaire to be more challenging, 10,000 isn't that hard to accomplish, I mainly soloed the final ds dungeon on my death and easily killed him with a crow with 2 feints, level 48, I never had a challenge, I believe that making dragonspyre easy makes you think that Arc2 is a pure joke, and it gets interesting since the first enemies start out with 2 - 4 pips, which is a major change, In Celestia I've had to do wintertusk before CL Because I needed the 58 spell just to kill (Not to mention the major change of that, from a elite guy with a health of 1115, to A Boss with around 10k, Who also Cheats by using hex)
All I want to say is, Dragonspyre is too easy for being the final 1st arc world, and should be made more challenging.
No it should not.

Dragonspyre is now just right for the level of player. Dragonspyre was, years ago, much more difficult and KI got complaint after complaint and lost players. There is no reason to make it more difficult again, only to result in complaints and loss of members - again.

What may be easy to you, could be very difficult to others, especially younger players or those that haven't played this kind of game before. KI has to take millions of players into consideration when creating these worlds.

My Death and Life wizards both breezed through Dragonspyre, solo, including the final dungeon. My other wizards, not so much (haven't done Storm yet, and my Fire wizard is about 1/2 way through Mooshu so we'll see how she does). This does not mean the entire game or world or dungeon needs to change as I am one person.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
RavenLady777 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
No it should not.

Dragonspyre is now just right for the level of player. Dragonspyre was, years ago, much more difficult and KI got complaint after complaint and lost players. There is no reason to make it more difficult again, only to result in complaints and loss of members - again.

What may be easy to you, could be very difficult to others, especially younger players or those that haven't played this kind of game before. KI has to take millions of players into consideration when creating these worlds.

My Death and Life wizards both breezed through Dragonspyre, solo, including the final dungeon. My other wizards, not so much (haven't done Storm yet, and my Fire wizard is about 1/2 way through Mooshu so we'll see how she does). This does not mean the entire game or world or dungeon needs to change as I am one person.
I'm very Well aware that Dragonspyre was made ages ago, I did play Dragonspyre when it was more difficult and enjoyed the challenge, Whats the point of a game when it's purely simple.
I can understand if Many people leave, making them need to make money, but if it's a small fraction, how would that affect them business wise?
On the other matter, since DS - CL Is a HUGE Difficulty change, why wouldn't they leave then?
I never said I wanted other worlds nerfed did I? Hmm?

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I don't believe Dragonspyre should be harder. I solo almost everything and it has been a bit of a challenge, but not too hard so far. I think it should stay where it is.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
Don't forget the wide range of players this game caters to.
It's mainly designed for kids and their parents/family to play.
It has to be easy enough for them to complete.
I don't believe this game was ever designed for the hard core gamer.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
witchdoctor of awe... on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
I'm very Well aware that Dragonspyre was made ages ago, I did play Dragonspyre when it was more difficult and enjoyed the challenge, Whats the point of a game when it's purely simple.
I can understand if Many people leave, making them need to make money, but if it's a small fraction, how would that affect them business wise?
On the other matter, since DS - CL Is a HUGE Difficulty change, why wouldn't they leave then?
I never said I wanted other worlds nerfed did I? Hmm?
If you were a game designer, would you change the difficulty of a world because one person asked you to? Even if you knew you'd lose players by doing so? I think not.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
It has increased greatly in difficulty from Mooshu. In Mooshu, average bosses had 1000-2000 health with the exception of high health oni's. In Dragonsypre most bosses have 4000+ health which is a huge increase in difficulty for the average player who doesn't do much side quests. I only find it easy because I have a VERY over levelled 66 Storm questing in Dragonspyre at this moment. Level 48 is over levelled for Dragonspyre, I understand how easy it is.

I wouldn't increase the difficulty of Dragonspyre, but I would increase the amount of exp rewarded. By the end of Mooshu, you get around 2250 exp for normal questing. When you reach Dragonspyre, it only increases to 2400 (something like that) which is VERY little compared to the big increase in difficulty.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
I soloed all of dragonspyre to Malistare. I only used team up to help a friend. I found it a bit dificult. Mostly because I forgot my potions. It was easy for me.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Completely disagree with the OP.

Dragonspyre is great as it is. If you want hard stuff, go do Aquila, and Darkmoor, and that kind of thing. Leave the first arc alone. Not everything in W101 needs to be a slog-fest. Many of us who play this game actually really dislike the slog-fest. Many of us enjoy casual family gaming. Many who play are also younger children who are simply not up to more challenging things. The game is not, and should not be, catered to only one preference of difficulty level. For those who thrive on difficulty, there are areas and ways to get the difficulty you enjoy. But please do not impose that difficulty on those of us who do not want it.

If you want a more difficult Dragonspyre, there are always ways to create a challenge for yourself, e.g., limit yourself to equipment available at the Bazaar, and do it without any pets, and go solo. Indeed, you could create whole fan-groups and threads dedicated to this kind of challenge -- I have seen kind of thing this occur in many RPG communities.

But please do not expect that everyone who plays the game enjoys the same kind of play and the same kind of challenge that you do.

Dragonspyre is great just as it is.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
dragonspyre was hard for me

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012

Well, have we ever heard this before? That something was too easy.

If ya like to make game harder please change gear to a lower set. This should make your gaming more of a challenge. Maybe even use a level one gear.

In my opinion this is part of the reason the recent changes were made. Because of people saying, Oh it too easy.

Just know that different school and well as people play different. It is not right to impose you ideas of easy on others. ***** You can increase your own difficulties in any quest. You just have to be confident that your skills will be better than any blind changes that occur.

Happy questing Peeps if you can

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
It was too hard and my brother couldn't beat a boss 6 times in a row, they made it easier so they don't quit

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
why did they change malistire health in ds that not even challenge no more i can solo entire dungeon -.-

Hero
May 07, 2015
just be glad mailstaire has 10.000 not 100.000. right?

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Let's think for a moment.

KI made Malistaire a lot harder by giving him 10x health. Also, Sylvia was there helping you. But you could still defeat her, and most of the time it was by using AoE spells. That meant you couldn't use your more powerful level 48 AoEs, and Malistaire cheated at the same time. He had to be nerfed and given easier minions just to make him possible. I believe there were only six players/teams that actually beat Malistaire when he was nearly impossible to beat. Two recorded their time doing it. You should go check out their videos and see how challenging it was. If you want, you can try to convince KI to add a dungeon that does just that, make Malistaire with 100k health and cheat, as well as erasing AoEs from the fight.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Low-key trolling/showing off by saying DS is too easy is not wise, OP. If it's too easy then you'll be glad to know future worlds pose greater challenges. Like others have said, if you're truly bored then you need to give yourself a handicap in some way. Mix it up. It's up to you to find the play style that works best for you when things are easy. If you're a hardcore gamer who cannot appreciate the fact that W101 is for both adults AND children, maybe you should find other games that are more your speed. W101 is certainly not to everyone's tastes, just like every other game out there.

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
try doing it with life all the ones you talked about has way more power then life

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
I just got into dragonspyre yesterday. I am finding that MOST battles have been pretty easy for me. Some battles have been hard enough, therefore, if they were harder, they would be way too hard. As many other people have said, Dragonspyre is just the right level of difficulty for people who are the level they are in dragonspyre. Dragonspyre might be easy for some people, but certain people are more powerful than others.

Heather StarSong lvl 45 (almost 46)