Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unlocked Places

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
So my membership ends soon, and I still have Krokotopia quests. I think that any places unlocked during membership should be accessable after the membership is over. Like I would have firecat alley, Cyclops lane, colossus boulevard, nightside, the world tree, dark cave, and krokotopia.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
Though I like this idea and I wish it would happen I must say that it most likely won't. That would make people buy membership basically once and then have the whole game unlocked. I wish that would happen but then what would be the point in buying a membership again? Kingsisle most likely wouldn't like that they stopped making as much money as they do on memberships. They only way it would work is if members got other rewards.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Brynn Roserunner on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
So my membership ends soon, and I still have Krokotopia quests. I think that any places unlocked during membership should be accessable after the membership is over. Like I would have firecat alley, Cyclops lane, colossus boulevard, nightside, the world tree, dark cave, and krokotopia.
ki is a business~ if they allowed this, think of how much money they would lose.

at the time i pulled my sub back in december, i had 3 wizards at level 100. according to your theory, i (and countless other people in the same position) would have the entire game for free, meaning that we would no longer have to pay ki to play their game... which is very, very bad for ki. it's basic economics.

the money we pay goes to a few different things:

1) server and site maintenance;
2) employee salaries;
3) office utilities (heat, lights, internet access, etc.);
4) equipment (computers, staplers, etc.)

if we want an awesome game, we have to be willing to pay for it.

-von "this lesson brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood half-evil sorcerer" shadowsong

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
So like unlocking full worlds for a total cost of $9.95? Do you have any idea how much it costs to buy areas with Crowns? No, just no.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
No, because Membership unlocks all places. If you want to keep places after your Membership ends, you have to buy them with crowns. Go here for more info: https://www.wizard101.com/game/crowns

-Nicholas Hawkspear

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Brynn Roserunner on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
The world tree is free. a ice wizard //

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
no. unlocked areas are one of many members only benefit, else it's crowns.

why?
it's possible to speed run all the way to darkmoor in under 3 weeks, obviously using a month sub worth under 10 bucks. under your model, i should have the game, close to its entirety unlocked for peanuts.

nice idea but it isn't likely to happen