Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Windows 10 White/Black Box in Top Left Corner.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
Hey fellow wizards!

I just upgraded to windows 10. (Really loving the new layout!) Unfortunately, I've encountered a slight graphical glitch. Whenever I open the wizard 101 launcher, a small white rectangle surrounded in a thick black outline appears in the top left hand corner of my screen. I've been testing out my other programs to see if it happens with them, but I haven't found any others causing said problem. It covers up my icons in the corner, even if I minimize launcher. However, it doesn't appear in-game with fullscreen on or if I go to the desktop with the game open, its gone as well. This same white rectangle w/ black quickly appears when I open the launcher as well, before changing into the normal launcher.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I'm glad you posted this Seth, as I have experienced the same thing. I thought it was just my laptop. Anyway I have rolled back to windows 8.1. Hopefully it will be resolved before I install the upgrade again.

Administrator
Hello,

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

In the meantime, please be assured that this is only a visual error that should not have any negative impact on your ability to play the game using Windows 10.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
i've upgraded to win10 and seen the box.
it just seems like a graphic glitch and had no negative impact on my gaming experience

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I have the same problem; and when I minimize wizard 101 it wont come up again

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
They still have not fixed it
Pls Do before Pol

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
awesomedavil on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
I have the same problem; and when I minimize wizard 101 it wont come up again
To close w101 when it gets minimized you can just use task manager to close it and just relaunch it. Launch Task manager by going to a blank space in the task bar at the bottom of the screen and right click then just select "Task Manager" and it will open up the task manager. I know it can be frustrating. But i have full faith Kingsisle will Fix this :)

Survivor
May 14, 2012
To fix this issue you right click on wizard101 Icon click properties click Compatibility and where you see run this program in compatibility mode click the drop box and run it as windows 7 Compatibility mode and the white box will disappear and you can even minimize and reopen your wizard101 launcher without it crashing and causing you to use task manager to close it

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
sidekicgirl on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
To fix this issue you right click on wizard101 Icon click properties click Compatibility and where you see run this program in compatibility mode click the drop box and run it as windows 7 Compatibility mode and the white box will disappear and you can even minimize and reopen your wizard101 launcher without it crashing and causing you to use task manager to close it
I tried it but it did not work

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
it is a resolution problem i set my computers to 1280 x 720 it got fixed

Survivor
May 14, 2012
Justin101RC on Nov 14, 2015 wrote:
I tried it but it did not work
Well its working for me if its not working for u idk how to help you kingsisle might fix it soon

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
Worked for me.

First Play Wizard 101 such that WizardLauncher.exe is running. Observe annoying black/white rectangle in upper left corner of screen. Right click on (the freshly appeared) Wizard 101 taskbar icon. In the resulting menu, right click again on WizardLauncher.exe. In the (second) resulting menu choose Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Click on Change settings for all users (why not be nice). Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose Windows 7 in the dropdown. OK. OK. Close the launcher app. Play Wizard 101 again. Observe lack of annoying black/white rectangle in upper left corner of screen.