Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2014
One thing a lot of players have been asking for are new schools. I have made a list of new schools I would love to see.

Now there is 2 options here: either we add 3 new elemental schools and 3 spirit schools, OR , we add 2 new sets of schools.

New Elemental Schools/ Nature Schools

Water, Earth, Air

To avoid complication with storm, it can be changed to LIGHTNING

New Spirit Schools/ Emotion Schools

Love, Chaos, Dream

I understand that a ton of work would be needed, but I know it would be worth it. I know KingsIsle is capable of great things, judging on they're 2 great games. I know they could make this possible. With a couple of fixes and tweaks, we could have 13 awesome schools!

If you're with me on this, comment! If your not with me on this, comment!

Sincerely, Daniel Nighthunter

Survivor
May 26, 2014
I edited the post to Water, Earth, Air. Not Water, Storm, Air. It was a mistake.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Daniboy48 on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
One thing a lot of players have been asking for are new schools. I have made a list of new schools I would love to see.

Now there is 2 options here: either we add 3 new elemental schools and 3 spirit schools, OR , we add 2 new sets of schools.

New Elemental Schools/ Nature Schools

Water, Earth, Air

To avoid complication with storm, it can be changed to LIGHTNING

New Spirit Schools/ Emotion Schools

Love, Chaos, Dream

I understand that a ton of work would be needed, but I know it would be worth it. I know KingsIsle is capable of great things, judging on they're 2 great games. I know they could make this possible. With a couple of fixes and tweaks, we could have 13 awesome schools!

If you're with me on this, comment! If your not with me on this, comment!

Sincerely, Daniel Nighthunter
Although I think the game needs more spells, I don't think adding new schools is a good idea. The eight main schools are the bedrock of the game, and to change the very foundations of the game isn't a good idea. Also, water has to much in common with storm, storm is the power of the Seas and the Skies. You can't just change the entire school. What about the storm Spells: Sirens, Tempest, Rain Beetle, Levy, ect? It's just too much of a drastic change, although , adding more spells into the game would be an easier way to implement more content into the game.

- Quinn Spellslinger Go Great or Go Fizzle

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Water=storm
Earth=life
Air=storm/balance
Love=life
Chaos=storm/myth
Dream=death

Sorry, but there arent any new schools being added.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
PrancingPoet on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
Although I think the game needs more spells, I don't think adding new schools is a good idea. The eight main schools are the bedrock of the game, and to change the very foundations of the game isn't a good idea. Also, water has to much in common with storm, storm is the power of the Seas and the Skies. You can't just change the entire school. What about the storm Spells: Sirens, Tempest, Rain Beetle, Levy, ect? It's just too much of a drastic change, although , adding more spells into the game would be an easier way to implement more content into the game.

- Quinn Spellslinger Go Great or Go Fizzle
I kind of agree with you. How about instead of new schools, there can be branches of the schools.
So say you don't want to be completely Storm, but you still want be a part of it. There can be another branch of that school, in this case, water or chaos.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Time Warped on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
I kind of agree with you. How about instead of new schools, there can be branches of the schools.
So say you don't want to be completely Storm, but you still want be a part of it. There can be another branch of that school, in this case, water or chaos.
Any idea involving new schools, is (in my opinion) not going to be added, and for a good reason. Even branches of schools would be a difficult process. It would mean dividing up the current spells into side schools and designing new branches of schools.
And the sacrifice to get feint (for an example) is to learn all of the previous death spells. There shouldn't be any change in this hardship. Otherwise you would see people running around with 3 training point feints, and 2 training point tower shields.
If you want a high tier learned storm spell, then you gotta "be completely Storm".

Quinn SpellSlinger
Quinn Spellcaster

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
How about new spells when we go to pigswick academy to help our journey to other worlds. But the teachers give more accuracy (Maybe Storm gets a spell that's 75% instead of 70% all schools could get a 5 increase in accuracy for these new spells only)

Also there are already 7 new classes their so it would be awesome to see what they give.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think we're ok with the schools we have right now. The only thing I see potentially coming some day is Light magic to counteract Shadow. Don't know for sure, but I could see it.

Adding any other schools outside of the 7 main schools, the 3 Astral schools, and Shadow (and maybe Light some day) wouldn't really serve much purpose. You should be able to do most everything you could imagine within those 11/12 schools.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010