Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI needs to help the Myth School of Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
If any changes have been made or the information is incorrect because it was changed I apologize)
I have a level 62 Myth wizard and I really enjoy the Myth school of magic. But something bugs me about it, all schools of magic have their specialty and Myth's is minions. I personally love the idea of minions but (in my opinion) KI made the use of minions hard or useless. If our specialty is to use minions why can't we use the level 75 minion in pvp? Why are we not allowed to have control over them to bring out their full potential? Every school has it's power in some way, Fire with over time, Life with its healing, Storm with its damage. But its like KI just needed another school to make Ravenwood look even, and didn't but much thought into the way Myth wizards fight. Myth had to deal with having weak AoE spells for years and when they finally got the level 100 spell added (my opinion) it had terrible damage. And based on what I have found out about the schools of magic, Myth is suppose to have better damage than Death and when the new lvl 100 Death spell came out it had better damage than Myth. And I for one was angry even though I have not gotten the spell yet. Also I think they nerf the death spell but I'm not completely sure. But I do know that it had very high damage at some point. I am very disappointed that I have to use weak AoE spells till I get to Darkmoor. Moving away from Myth AoE spells.

I hope KI makes a change to the myth school because lately I've seen more Myth wizards and I hope they don't get a slap to the face once they get to the higher levels. I hope a change to Myth minions gets a change or a upgrade like they get stronger based on your level.

Even if this change doesn't happen I will still like Myth because it is great just has problems that need attention. And I have met people thinking the same way.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Let me address some of your concerns:

Myth should be able to control minions better and bring them to their full potential - This has been discussed many times and some people agree with you. The L75 minions are ALL non-pvp because they were created to be MUCH stronger than their earlier counterparts. This isnt a limit of myth, but the spells themselves.

The Darkmoor Spells (shadow enhanced) - Death's was originally like 1100 damage, which yes, was much stronger than Myth's. However, it was nerfed and now does LESS damage than Mystic Colossus. Remember, any time there are after effects from spells, the damage portion of the spell is weaker. I think it would be a safe guess to say that if not for the after effects, Myth's shadow enhanced spell might hit like 1,000 damage. I think Myth has a nice strong AoE in Mystic Colossus, and when boosted like any other spell, and depending on your gear, packs one heck of a punch. I'm only L57 on my myth and I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting my myth's completion to L100 for his spell!

Yes, Myth gets its AoEs early, and then nothing till 100, which is why they're weaker, but think of Life or Death who have to wait twice as long to get their first AoE spell. Also, remember, Myth has the only spell I can think of, that stuns for TWO rounds, not just one.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Minions may be an important part of myth in the low levels. In the upper worlds they really have no part in the game. Myth's real power is in bypassing shields with double hits, removing shields and stun attacks. Humongofrog actually serves quite well up through Khrysalis. My Myth soloed everything up until the Shadow Palace dungeons with very little struggle using it. Myth was by far the easiest of my 6 wizards to solo the higher levels. As for Myth's 100 level spell being weak, I don't think it is at all. It removes all shields as after effect, that's pretty powerful. Death's spell does less damage 830 vs 880. Death also has lower attack boosts from gear.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
I think the problem in not because that the myth school needs more aoes, humongofrog should be changed to something way cooler, because really, who wants to summon a giant frog that barfs on everyone?

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I totally agree with you about myth and minions! I've made a post about it before but I don't think a lot of people care about minions. If myth had a circle for a minion in the battle circle that might make it better.

The Loyal Swashbuckler