Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few ideas that would make me a happier player

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
instead of a grumpy one.

Cancel no trade on everything. I really don't feel like farming dungeons, they are usually un fun. Would love to be able to pass the ring and athame from hele tower to my lower characters and other things too. What would it do to the game to make no trade items tradeable?

Increase drops. So many players would be happy. Some of us do not have the time for relentless farming. I don't care if people might think it unfair, they are not paying my membership. I just don't have the hours to dispose of to farm Darkmoor over and over for nothing. Even if I did, how easy is it anymore to find a team?

Socketing jewels, man, I can't express enough my dissatisfaction enough on the entire jewel thing. I like the addition of jewels but the breaking of a good jewel that can be passed to another character is probably the biggest turn off for me. Then the randomness of it. Trying to find the reagents for them then the jewel ends up being something you can't use and the reagents were wasted. I would like to know why this was a good idea? Please fix so you craft exactly what you want. I have no experience with pet jewels so I won't comment on that. See? I am not complaining about unlocking sockets. I don't see it as an issue. I just want common sense in the jewel thing that's all.

Fishing. I hate fishing. I want to be able to craft without fish. It's the aim that I hate. If you could fix the aim so if i hit the fish even on the side or tail, it would take the bait, then maybe I will like it. Just a little.

Collect quests. If there was a way to be able to get all sides that require the same enemy at the same time as the storyline, then I wouldn't mind. Kill x amount of whatever just to go back and do it again. Oh and don't get me started on when the mobs are mixed and it takes even longer each and every time.

Please consider changes.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Lucky Wizard on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
instead of a grumpy one.

Cancel no trade on everything. I really don't feel like farming dungeons, they are usually un fun. Would love to be able to pass the ring and athame from hele tower to my lower characters and other things too. What would it do to the game to make no trade items tradeable?

Increase drops. So many players would be happy. Some of us do not have the time for relentless farming. I don't care if people might think it unfair, they are not paying my membership. I just don't have the hours to dispose of to farm Darkmoor over and over for nothing. Even if I did, how easy is it anymore to find a team?

Socketing jewels, man, I can't express enough my dissatisfaction enough on the entire jewel thing. I like the addition of jewels but the breaking of a good jewel that can be passed to another character is probably the biggest turn off for me. Then the randomness of it. Trying to find the reagents for them then the jewel ends up being something you can't use and the reagents were wasted. I would like to know why this was a good idea? Please fix so you craft exactly what you want. I have no experience with pet jewels so I won't comment on that. See? I am not complaining about unlocking sockets. I don't see it as an issue. I just want common sense in the jewel thing that's all.

Fishing. I hate fishing. I want to be able to craft without fish. It's the aim that I hate. If you could fix the aim so if i hit the fish even on the side or tail, it would take the bait, then maybe I will like it. Just a little.

Collect quests. If there was a way to be able to get all sides that require the same enemy at the same time as the storyline, then I wouldn't mind. Kill x amount of whatever just to go back and do it again. Oh and don't get me started on when the mobs are mixed and it takes even longer each and every time.

Please consider changes.
Heh. I like your post. I am going to respond to each complaint separately:

1) No Trade- There are times when "no trade" items serve a purpose. Most of those purposes are not reflected here in Wizard. Generally speaking, I agree with this point.

2) Increased Drops- Overall I disagree with this opinion. Any item that is considered "optional & elite" as compared to other level equivalent items, should be earned, not easily given. Membership does not give you the "right" to attain these items, it simply affords you the chance. I say keep the drops the way they are for the health of the game. One major flaw that most of the "make it easier" crowd overlook is complacency. Complacency in a game fosters boredom, and boredom causes games to fail.(Everquest being a classic example)

3)Jewel Socketing- Jewel socketing/ socketing of items is very popular, and here to stay in mmorpg's. The nice thing about them, is they afford a degree of "customization", to a game where all things are usually similar. That being said, Wizard has the worst crafting system I have ever seen in a mmorpg. It needs to more specialized, and far less chaotic to be of any real purpose, other than a "luck" generator. I agree with you.

4) Fishing- My gf hates it too, and I like it, such is the way of preferences. You do have a major point though, that has been posted on repeatedly; games should not force activities on players who don't wish to participate in them. You should be able to become a wizard, crafter, or fisherman, etc. without being forced into other game activities. The only exception being "elite items", which we have already discussed. I agree with this post.

5) Collect Quests- I hate them too, and I have met very few people in any game that I have participated in, enjoy them. I also recognize they are a "necessary evil" filler for game content. Mmorpg's have a delicate job balancing these between easy vs. hard. I see and understand your point, but I see no easy solution either.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Lucky Wizard on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
instead of a grumpy one.

Please consider changes.
ITs funny how you called it mobs, like Minecraft.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Legowaffle858 on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
It's funny how they're called mobs in Minecraft, like some older games. Minecraft wasn't the first game where "mob" was used in that context.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Legowaffle858 on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
The term "mob" was used in mmorpg's long before Minecraft was even a thought.