Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Massive PVP Improvement Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know about you, but as an Exalted Balance wizard, I am frankly seriously tired of players buffing themselves to eternity using school specific blades, and then using a DOT spell like Skeletal Dragon that renders your shields and weaknesses useless unless you happen to spam the right shields constantly from the beginning of the game. This has become so much of a problem that Earthquake is now pretty much a requirement for the more defensively oriented players like myself, and unless you have Myth mastery to go with it, they will just blade all over again while you're frantically scrambling for pips.

A major problem with PVP right now is the scarcity of essential treasure cards like Triage, Shift, and Enfeeble. Sure, there are the crafted Promethean amulets for use when you get to Sardonyx, but 2 cards are not going to help very much when it takes 3 turns to get a 40% 50% 45% blade stack. I am not the first person to say this and will not be the last.

Second, as I am not a jade user, and therefore do not have insane universal resist, I find it seriously unfair that the powerhouse schools, like fire and storm, can land 1000+ damage on a Triton or Efreet through my 70% volcanic shield and 30% base resist WITHOUT CRITICAL. To make matters worse, they routinely have critical ratings of over 500, while one would be lucky to have a universal block over 250 (unless you're Ice). Not to mention their insane pierce which renders tower shields useless, and that forces players to either go Darkmoor or go Jade. I was literally destroyed in 4 turns by an insane bolt, wild bolt spamming storm critical striker, despite my Conviction aura and shields, in part because of PIERCE which is the bane of my existence right now.
Another problem is the uselessness of crafted gear for PVP. I am a Promethean Crafter as well as a Rank 10 Gardener so I know what I'm talking about. It is very frustrating to put so much hard work into crafting my items only to find that a single drop from Darkmoor is twice as good as my best crafted equivalent. (Try to find a crafted wand with 100+ block. Try it.)

Also, and I don't mean to digress, Balance needs some serious work. If we are truly the Balance of all schools, incorporating bits and pieces from all, why then do we not have a single DOT? HMM? Or a stun? Or a useful defensive spell like Triage, or Enfeeble? Or Prisms? And I would honestly be in favor of Balance shields if I could get a Balance blade or prism.

In conclusion, my suggestions are:

Treasure cards like Enfeeble, Triage, and Shift should be made readily available at the Bazaar (and hopefully not at an astronomical price)

Make crafted gear at least on par with Crowns gear. I know you Crowns players will dislike this, but seriously what is the point of crafting otherwise.

Critical Block needs a serious boost.

Pierce should have an opposite. Mirroring the pierce damage back at the caster would fix the pierce problem, I think.

Thanks.

Adrian (just Adrian).
Level 100

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
This is a great idea. The only thing is the crafted gear being on par with crowns gear. Crowns cost actual money, so it makes sense that they are some of the best. However, crafted gear should be on par with Darkmoor drops, I'll give you that. I am not much of a gardener, so I don't know what that affects for you. But, some people don't like to farm bosses to get a specific item; crafting, etc. is a better way to go for many people. Having these treasure cards more readily available is actually a big problem for me too. I am in fire school, and your Efreet/Triton example is kind of rare and exaggerated, but I still agree. I hope they have a PvP update, where it will detect certain things (e.g juju spamming setups, I HATE JUJU SPAMMING [sorry]) and not let you join the PvP, maybe even punish you (I doubt it). Nice ideas though.

-PotrZimbie/Blaze DragonPyre, Fire School, level 22 (on my active account)

Inactive account: Wolf, Life school, level 100

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pierce has an opposite - resist.

Balance is top in PvP. Storm is bottom tier.

Darkmoor drops aren't "twice as good" as crafted items. They are a few % better on most stats. There are also new drops from Ultra dungeons in the same class.

Enfeeble and Triage come on jewels, pets, amulets. Shift comes on amulets, jewels, and several gear items. More TC availability would be nice, I'm with you on that, but these aren't major problems for most players.