Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 New Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
I think two new main schools should be added to the game. Plus they make more sense with their counter-part schools. I feel like a water school should be added which has its opposite being storm and storm's opposite should be water instead of myth. This school would be located in Crab Alley (or at least it's professor would be, similar to balance). It's attacks would be focused on "confusion" and stunning enemies which could cause enemies to attack each other or damage themselves. My other school idea is a school of charm. It would be the opposite of myth and the professor for this school could be located in Unicorn Way. The point of this school and a similar effect to the death spell Beguile. It causes enemies not to harm you but help you instead. It also can cause enemies to focus attacks on each other and prevent the player from taking too much damage. These are just some ideas please feel free to comment and give your opinion.
-lordzammy1

(Water's symbol is a dark blue/grey raindrop and Charm's is a pink heart.)

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
There cannot be a water school because KI smashed water magic, wind magic, and thunder magic altogether and called it storm. I'm sorry that I had to 'rain' on your parade but it's the sad, terrible truth.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
lordzammy1 on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
I think two new main schools should be added to the game. Plus they make more sense with their counter-part schools. I feel like a water school should be added which has its opposite being storm and storm's opposite should be water instead of myth. This school would be located in Crab Alley (or at least it's professor would be, similar to balance). It's attacks would be focused on "confusion" and stunning enemies which could cause enemies to attack each other or damage themselves. My other school idea is a school of charm. It would be the opposite of myth and the professor for this school could be located in Unicorn Way. The point of this school and a similar effect to the death spell Beguile. It causes enemies not to harm you but help you instead. It also can cause enemies to focus attacks on each other and prevent the player from taking too much damage. These are just some ideas please feel free to comment and give your opinion.
-lordzammy1

(Water's symbol is a dark blue/grey raindrop and Charm's is a pink heart.)
Adding two new main schools wouldn't be simple. You need new gear for it, spells, professors, quests, some enemies need to be that school to keep everything balanced. Other spells would need to be reworked, like Storm Prism and Myth Prism. The symmetry of our magic (Three elemental schools, three spirit schools, and another which is essentially a combination of them.) would need to be reworked. Since takes advantage of all schools of magic, new spells would be added to them and perhaps modified. So I believe adding new main schools would be practically impossible to do correctly.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
wraithcaster on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
Adding two new main schools wouldn't be simple. You need new gear for it, spells, professors, quests, some enemies need to be that school to keep everything balanced. Other spells would need to be reworked, like Storm Prism and Myth Prism. The symmetry of our magic (Three elemental schools, three spirit schools, and another which is essentially a combination of them.) would need to be reworked. Since takes advantage of all schools of magic, new spells would be added to them and perhaps modified. So I believe adding new main schools would be practically impossible to do correctly.
Very true but in the long run I would like to be able to play as other schools and I enjoy the idea of having an actually opposite to myth seeing myth and storm aren't really opposites. Maybe a different school could be added to be the opposite of storm. Any suggestions?

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
lordzammy1 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Very true but in the long run I would like to be able to play as other schools and I enjoy the idea of having an actually opposite to myth seeing myth and storm aren't really opposites. Maybe a different school could be added to be the opposite of storm. Any suggestions?
I just go with what Artorious said. That could be seen as the manipulation of very real forces. While deals with the mind and the imagination.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
lordzammy1 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
The reason that Storm and Myth are opposites are the way they think of things. Myth is all about fantasies and mythological creatures. Where Storm is about hard facts and scientific research. Which leads to conflict between the 2 of them trying to influence the other.