Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm PVP Party and Contest – July 8, 6-10PM

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello young Wizards,

In this week’s update to the Test Realm, we made a change to the way Ranked PVP matchmaking works. In order to get the most out of our testing, we need lots of participants and feedback. And so, to encourage some more participation and fun, we are having a PVP party! Hop on Test Realm tonight, help us test out the change and you could win some Crowns!

The specific change that we are testing is:
Ranked PVP matchmaking for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 has been adjusted to function more like PVP Tournaments. Matches will be based upon the most powerful wizard in level and rank on each team. This should address issues with intentionally large skill and level disparities on teams, resulting in unfair matchups.

How to Participate:
  1. Log in to the Wizard101 Test Realm tonight, July 8 between the hours of 6PM and 10PM Central Time.
  2. Sign up for and complete a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 Ranked PVP match.
  3. Each match you complete (up to a maximum of 5) will serve as an entry into a random drawing for one of the prizes below.

Prizes:
One random winner will receive 60,000 Crowns and 10 additional random winners will receive 10,000 Crowns each.

Notes:
  • We will tally up the participants, select random winners and announce the winners in a reply to this thread, on Friday, July 10.
  • Winners will have the prizes awarded directly to their game accounts.
  • You do not need to win the Ranked PVP matches in order to be entered into the drawing.
  • The Test Realm is available to Members with an Active Membership.
  • The Test Realm is also available to Crowns Players who have made a purchase in the last 30 days.
  • The Test Realm is NOT available to Free to Play Players.
  • To download and play the Test Realm, visit: https://www.wizard101.com/game/testrealm
  • You must agree to the terms and conditions of the Test Realm before you can download and login.

Thanks for your help in testing and good luck! Make sure to return to this thread to tell us your thoughts on the change to matchmaking and if you feel that your opponents were of a fair level.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Finally they ended puppeting! Thank you KI. Pvp will be so much easier.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
What about people who don't like pvp

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
Hello professor! Would you like us to test out the matchmaking system by playing around with the levels a bit? Other than that question, expect me there!

Administrator
PVP Monster on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Hello professor! Would you like us to test out the matchmaking system by playing around with the levels a bit? Other than that question, expect me there!
That would be great! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
Did it already start? I live in Eastern Time so I don't know someone please confirm.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2010
Hello my in account username is babyla1, I would like to test out the bugs for pets but not enough crowns for getting it to ultra could you supply me with 999999 crowns and I will report back to you the bugs?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
jester094 on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Finally they ended puppeting! Thank you KI. Pvp will be so much easier.
I don't think it ended. You probably just haven't seen any because ranks reset.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I love how they keep updating such a wonderful game already been playing for 6 years and i enjoyed all of it i did not think it was possible to make this game better but they do every time its like....... magic

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
I am extremly exitcted about this new pvp system and can't wait to test out. I will meet all you wizards online ^.^

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I might not be able to get on test realm because i put my resolution up too high is there anyway to fix that?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
can you fix the problem with 3v3 and 4v4 about how annoying it is all you need to be is first and you have this huge chance of winnign

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I'm guessing the match making wont be a problem at first because everyone is a low rank right now.
The real test comes when level 50s or 60s get 1700 rank or above, because that is when the matches will start to become unfair.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2014
Today's my birthday. TOTALLY doing this, hope I win as a 'Birthday Gift' Small chances for me though.. I never win competitons such as this xd

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
Hi, just wondering if the maximum of five entries is per wizard or per account? I'm so excited, I will be there either way!

Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
Can we get a confirmation email to know if and when our names have been entered and when we have reached 5 matches

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Worked pretty good, I had a bug my first round of PVP that I reported. Good work, Kingsisle, Keep it up!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2010
I can't wait! I will definitely be online!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Hope you get some good feedback, I'll be participating for sure!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I think that the new pvp system is working fine now since to the update its making pvp more fair and I like it

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
I'm loving the Summer test realm so far! Keep up the great work KI!

Level 54 Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
This is exciting

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Can I leave feedback here? I hope this works! (I accidentally had all caps for a couple of words earlier, hopefully this goes through)

First battle: I clicked find all opponents, and got teamed up with people around the same health as me. They seemed to be not too different than me, but I don't know their levels. This one went pretty well. We won, but it was too easy.

Second battle: Took longer than the first. The battle itself was smooth, and again I selected "find all opponents" or whatever that button says. I again got teamed up with people who were pretty similar to me. Worked just fine (and we won after so much powering through :D)
Third battle: This took extremely looong. We won, and it took quite a while. But again, we were teamed with people of equal strength. I think this feature is working fine.

I'm not gonna write about my next few trials, I think it's running pretty smoothly and it looks pretty cool. Thanks for the testing opportunity! I made a new friend too I'm going to add in-game

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I don't know a lot technically about how things like this work, but I hope there's been something implemented to prevent the use of cheat engines. Like the one that allows someone to see the future of a round once the opponent has selected a spell. If cheat engines aren't stopped there really isn't a point to a new age of PVP.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Um, this is awkward, but, what if your test realm account doesn't have enough crowns to participate? I was always led to believe that people in the test real were granted membership (in the test of course) for the duration of their use of the test realm