Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing in Third Person

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Well this is sort of a problem, when I'm fishing. When I cast my fishing spell, it goes into 1st person, but then later it switches to 3rd person. This makes it very hard to see the lure, so you don't know when to reel it in. Then when you do, the fish usually gets away, and you waste your energy. It's not very common, but it's not a super rare glitch for me. It's VERY annoying.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Master Tara PearlG... on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
Well this is sort of a problem, when I'm fishing. When I cast my fishing spell, it goes into 1st person, but then later it switches to 3rd person. This makes it very hard to see the lure, so you don't know when to reel it in. Then when you do, the fish usually gets away, and you waste your energy. It's not very common, but it's not a super rare glitch for me. It's VERY annoying.
I've had this happen myself and it is annoying. But really it shouldn't be a problem if you learn to fish by sound. The easiest way to become proficient at fishing is to do it "by ear". Wait for the pronounced "glub" when the fish takes the lure under and then invoke your lure.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
IceDeath637 on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
Scroll in, you might have scrolled out.
You can't scroll in once it switches to 3rd person, believe me, I've tried.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This happens when your wizard is standing in front of a wall, tree, NPC, or other items. When casting your lures just make sure you have nothing behind you. Once I became aware of what was causing the problem I have had less problems with this issue.